How to Know When It's Really Over?

Never Again
Despite feeling hurt and sad, Kyungeun closed her eyes and calmed down. She is hopeless. Everything about her life is futile now. She even has to witness her husband kissing someone else. They did it in front of her face.
"Are you staying here for the night? It seemed the results are taking too long." Kyungeun asked calmly while looking at her husband chatting with Song Jihyo.
"I don't know yet. Until the doctor hasn't arrived, I will stay here."
"You want to see and be with her, right?" Jaeseok looked at Kyungeun, "It's too obvious. You missed her even if you just saw each other not a day ago."
"I even missed her when we were together. What's wrong with it?"
"You are still married. That's what's wrong with it."
"We are getting a divorce."
"Do you think you can shield your infidelity after the divorce?"
"I can retire anytime, Kyungeun."
"What if I say I want alimony now?"
Jaeseok is caught off guard but then manages to get back up, "Sure. Jihyo and I talked about this before. She already anticipated that you might ask for it."
Kyungeun was flustered hearing it. In her mind, Was there anything she can't do? "You seemed to found a smart partner."
"Song Jihyo might have this persona of being too slow, but she is smart in reality."
"Too smart that she even managed to take my husband?"
"Ani, she didn't take me away from you. She saved me from you."
"Yoo Jaeseok-ssi, can you tell me what went wrong? What did I do to you that you loathe me this much? No matter how much I rocked my head to it, I couldn't find the right answer."
"You lied to me a lot of times, Na Kyungeun. You lied about everything you said to me. I gave you a lot of chances to tell me the truth, but you chose not to. What's worse was you did it without thinking about the kids."
"I don't understand. What do you mean?"
"Remember when I was out of town for Running Man, and I checked on you for the kids? I received a message from their teachers. They asked why they were still at school when everybody was already home because they went for a half day. You should have known that. I asked you where you were, and you said you were around the school neighborhood because you were waiting for them. But you were with your friends in a hotel for a swim. How did I know? I asked my manager to pick the kids up. They told me you called Jiho to stay at the school until you arrive. So I told my manager to let the kids be there and watch them from afar after buying them some snacks. I told Jiho not to tell you I sent my manager there for them. I let it pass because I don't want to cage you to be just a housewife. But, Na Kyungeun, you became complacent. You did it so many times that I became so mad at you. Cleaning and cooking shouldn't be your job; I know you are bad at those, but you could've at least been a good mother. If I ask you now what Jiho likes and what he doesn't, can you tell me at least that?"
"Jiho likes cheesy foods. While Naeun likes sweets."
"Ani. You're mistaken. Jiho likes beef and steaks, but he doesn't like cheese. He is eating it because you cooked it, and he doesn't like to disappoint you. Jiho always considers your feelings in everything. I talked to him once, man to man. I asked him why he didn't tell me anything about his lapses as a mother. You know what he said? He said he could understand how exhausting it is for someone to care for two kids. His teacher often tells them how exhausting it is always to tell them what to do; what more to someone who didn't study a course about kids?"
Hearing it, Kyungeun's tears fell rapidly. Am I that bad as a mother? She asked herself.
"Na Kyungeun, you have been doing everything you want but never heard me say anything about it. As I said, I don't want you to stay at home alone waiting for your children because that's not the life I want you to have when you marry me, but to even choose yourself over your children is absurd. But more than that, I love Song Jihyo. I loved her even before I married you. I love her until now."
"How does it feel to make love to me when you know you can't love me the way you love that woman?"
"I tried my best. I did so for the past decade, but the time has come that I can't anymore. I can't hide my feelings for her anymore. I can't do anything anymore without thinking about her. Every time I kiss you, I feel guilty, as if I am cheating on her. I realized that it was not her; I was cheating; it was myself. I decided to go to her before I lost all my reasoning with you. Na Kyungeun, I am asking for your forgiveness, but let's get a divorce. I can't let Song Jihyo wait for me anymore. I won't do that ever again. I won't let her go to someone else. That will kill me."
"I was the one who was supposed to ask for a divorce; why are you reversing it?"
"I will call a lawyer when you can get out of the hospital and be healthier to go to court."
"Court? What if I don't give you what you want now? What if I change my mind after this?"
"It's up to you, Na Kyungeun. I will never come back, no matter what you say or do. I will stay with Song Jihyo from now on. I will only listen to her and no one but her."
"You are crazy. You are simply out of your mind."
"You are, too. We are the same."
"You made me this way."
"Let's stop blaming each other, Na Kyungeun. We are already past that phase."
"To you, it's already the past, but not to me. I am still hurting, oppa." Kyungeun cried, "I thought I could face you without getting angry. I could talk to you without getting hurt. I thought I could be brave enough to meet you without saying these things, but you proved me wrong. I am still so mad about what you two did to me. I want to die. But I couldn't die yet because I want to see you and your mistress living in hell."
"Like Jihyo had always said, you have all the right to be angry. I will accept your anger but won't return to you. I will still file for divorce."
"I hate you, Yoo Jaeseok."
Because he knows that the tension won't go down after what he said to Na Kyungeun, Yoo Jaeseok decided to leave his wife alone in the hospital. He just asked his manager to take care of her for the time being and that he will give him some compensation for working overtime. He went straight to Song Jihyo's house and rested on her chest like a kid while they were on the sofa.
"Are you sure you want to let your manager take care of Na Kyungeun, oppa?" Jihyo asked while she was ruffling his hair.
"I am sure," he answered with his eyes closed and contented. He feels relaxed and comfortable after the long day: "I feel free when I am cuddling with you like this."
"You should be comfortable with me and not be stressed. That's how I want this house with you will be. I want you to have peace when you are on your day off. I want to spend as much time with you and the kids as possible."
"Are you really okay with them here?"
"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"
"Don't you want to have children with me?"
"I want to have children with you. Why wouldn't I like it?"
"How many kids do you want?"
"Hmm, maybe 3?"
"Just like you and your siblings?"
"Yes." she smiled so big that Yoo Jaeseok's heart melted.
The man gently put his hand on her face and touched it carefully. He caresses it like a precious gem she is.
"Why?"
"Nothing. I couldn't believe I had an angel with me right now. I couldn't believe that I had the love of my love with me now after so long."
"I wonder why you like me that much, oppa?"
"I like you because I just like you. I love you because I love you. I also couldn't believe it when I first met you. You were so beautiful that I think my heart somehow skipped a beat. I was so mesmerized by you. I have constantly reminded myself that I am getting married and even reached that point. I want to pursue you instead of getting married. That's how much I like you. Thats how much I love you. Cheon Sooyeon, if everything works, will you marry me?"
"I will, oppa. I will marry you."