Wednesday

Never Again
Song Jihyo can't help but to tell Yoo Jaeseok what she and Jongkook had talked about at dinner. She couldn't say no because she doesn't want to elaborate things to Kim Jongkook.
"We can see the place after him." Jaeseok immediately declared while he was talking to Jihyo over the phone inside the comfort of their marital dressing room. "He may be wanted to help you out that's why he wanted to schedule on the same day. Don't be stressed out about it. I can wait." Despite saying it like that, Jaeseok can feel what Jongkook is doing. Jongkook wants to stop him from getting closer to Jihyo. Jaeseok doesn't want that to happen. He also doesn't want Jongkook to say unnecessary things to Jihyo, most of all about his family.
"Are you sure, oppa? I don't want to take too much of your time just because of this. I'm really sorry that this happened." Jihyo said as she was sulking over the fact that she can't deny Jongkook about helping her on finding an apartment. On top of it, Jongkook was right. There was no reason for her to re-schedule a visit with the realtor. "I will make sure that we will finish the visits quickly so you wouldn't have to wait long."
"You don't need to rush, Jihyo. It will only make Jongkook suspicious of you."
"Ay, wae, oppa? There's nothing to be suspicious about. He is just being too nosy on to many things."
Jaeseok chuckles. He likes this side of Jihyo. She sounds frustrated and complaint a lot but she doesn't act on it. She always thinks of others and what to tell them when she was cornered. Jaeseok sighs with relief that eventhough what they are isn't written yet, Jihyo is trying to protect him. He just loves her more, "Jihyo-ya."
"Ne, oppa?"
"Song Jihyo..."
Hearing Jaeseok calling her name like that makes her heart pounds loudly. Jihyo Doesn't know what it is, but somehow it is making her calm and nervous at the same time. That soft tone Jaeseok is using while calling her name. The way he is calling her name makes her feel warm and nice. She can't deny that she likes it, "Oppa..."
"Ne, Jihyo-ya?"
"Can I tell you something?"
"Of course. I will listen."
"I like it when you are calling my name like that."
"Really? Then I will call your name more like that from now on."
"Ani. Don't do things that I like."
'Why not? I like to do it for you."
"Its just that, I don't want to get use to it."
"You better get use to it. Because I will do it even if you didn't ask me to."
"Oppa..."
"Don't say too much. Don't think too much about me or about us. I don't want to make it hard for you. Don't mind me doing things that I don't usually do. I just want you know and feel that what I have for you is real. Jihyo-ya, you already know it, right?"
"Ne, oppa?"
"I love you."
Wednesday comes and Jihyo waited for Kim Jongkook's call. They meet at a nearby coffee shop at Jongkook's place. Jongkook really did brought a realtor he knew to have Jihyo see some apartment that may suit her taste, but Jihyo was so frantic about every apartment they had visit. She doesn't seem to be interested in anything even with Kim Jongkook.
"What's wrong?" Jongkook noticed, "You seemed not interested at anything even in what the realtor was talking about. We have seen some good place in there."
"I don't know. I'm just really not interested in any of it. I don't like the feel I get in that place." Jihyo said prankly while they were at the parking lot.
"Was it the place or the person you're with while checking apartment?"
Jihyo just looks at Jongkook nervously while they were walking to their respective cars. She was using her phone while talking with Jongkook which made the latter be suspiscious.
"So I am right. Its not the place. Its the person you are with when looking with the apartment. You can't even drop your phone while we are looking at the apartment. If you don't want to be with me, you should have told me."
"Ay, oppa, ay. Don't make it a big deal. I wouldn't be here if I don't like to be with you. You know me. It's just that-"
"Just what? Its just me and not the one you like to be with?"
"Are you implying that I have someone else in mind to be with?"
"Because that is what you are making me feel."
"Oppa, why are you really doing this? Do you know something that I don't know? You are extra clingy and extra sensivtive about me these days. What are you up to? You even message me asking me where I am, what I am doing. Its you wanted me to report to you everything I am doing with my life."
"I just want to protect you."
"Protect me from what? Aren't you the one who doesn't like to be linked with me? Why are you suddenly like this?"
Jongkook and Jihyo went to separate ways with bitterness. Its hard for Jongkook to supress his feelings and what he wanted to say. He doesn't know if he can tell Jihyo what Jaeseok is up to or if he have any rights to tell Jihyo to be careful. They don't have anything between them but friendship and family like connections. He is not her boyfriend. While driving, he is fondering if he can really get Song JIhyo to be his girlfriend if he try his best to. On the other hand, Jihyo went to the place Jaeseok had told her by message.
Jaeseok went out of his car when Jihyo came. He greets her with a smile and Jihyo smiled timidly and seemingly annoyed.
"You looked really tired. You sure you want to see the apartment now?" Jaeseok asked as they thread their way up the building thru the stairs. Jihyo wanted to walk on to get her anger subside. "Did something happened?"
"Kim Jongkook."
Jaeseok swallows when he heard the name. He is nervous that Jongkook might have tell Jihyo something that she should never hear or something that will make her hate him, "Why? Did he tell you somthing?"
"He was so annoying. He kept on asking about a person or something. He kept being suspiscious of me. As if we are playing a spy game." Jihyo complaints as she pouts.
Jaeseok sighs before taking Jihyo's hand, "Don't sulk too much. It doesn't suit you."
"I'm just annoyed, oppa."
"He is just concerned about you. He might be suspiscious of who you are seeing."
"He doesn't need too be too busy of my business."
"He is a family to us." Jaeseok then stopped walking. Jihyo stepped one stair up and looked at Jaeseok asking. "Jihyo-a-"
"Ne, oppa?"
"Gumawo."
"Hm? For what?"
"For covering for me."
"WHat do you mean, oppa?"
"I know that I have told you my feelings and everything. I know how dumb I am for doing it, but I can't help myself. What I am thankful about is that you are not making it a big dealfor everyone. You are not even telling it to anyone. You are even not telling them who are you seeing today to look for an apartment. I know that I am getting too ahead of myself by talking to you and messaging you even if its not about work, but you still are staying the same." Jaeseok then kissed Jihyo's hand before putting it in his cheek feeling its softness, "I am just too glad that I can at least hold you like this."
"Oppa..."
"I know, Jihyo. I know. I won't force you to accept my love, but please don't leave me or loathe me for having this kind of feelings for you. I don't know what I will do if that happens." he shed a tear looking at Jihyo in the eyes.
Jihyo wipes his tears and without anything in her mind, she gives Jaeseok a kiss in the forehead. She touches his face gently and caresses his cheek lovingly. Her eyes looks so dreamy and loving, "Don't be too sad, oppa. I don't want to make any promises with you, but whatever we have talked about, anything you had told me and everything you will tell me, all of it, it will stay between us. I won't hate you. I won't stay away from you. I will stay as your Song Jihyo."
It made Jaeseok happy hearing those things. Jihyo won't go away from him because of his feelings for her. When they reached the apartment Jaeseok was talking about, its evident that Song Jihyo love it. Its on higher floor and have a good sight of the river and the city beneath.
"Oppa! This is such a great place! How did you find this?"
"I told you, my friend is renting this out. He also told me that you can move in imeediately if you like the place."
"He doesn't need the downpayment and advance?"
"He doesn't. You can pay monthly if you want or quarterly or yearly. Depends on you. He also said that you can have a try living here for month without pay."
"What?! That's absurd, oppa." Jihyo and Jaeseok laughed on it. "I will pay for a month first. When can I meet him?"
"He already left the country. You can just send the payment on his account."
"Then give me his account number."
"I will later."
"Gumawo, oppa."