Cold Rain

Never Again
Back home, Jihyo walked in without greeting her parents who are in the living room. They greeted her but she just walked past them. She thread upstairs to her bedroom without batting an eye anywhere. She then plopped to her bed and hugs her pillow. She's lost. She doesn't know what to do. She doesn't know what to make off it. She was and still stun on what had Yoo Jaeseok told her.
In that car, Jaeseok held her so gently and embraced her warmly in his arms when the rain suddenly pour. She guess she didn't read the weather news. She stayed in that car, silent on Jaeseok arms. They were lost in the moment of their solemnity and abrupt confession of someone's love. Jihyo doesn't know why, but she just let Jaeseok held her the whole time until the rain has stopped. She doesn't know why is it that she was staying like that in someone else's husband's arms, but it made her feel really calm and warm throughout the rain.
Did you got home safe? It's a message from Yoo Jaeseok.
I did. Have you? She replied.
I did too. If you got wet by the rain, you should go bath immediately. Also drink something warm so you wouldn't feel cold.
I will. How about you, oppa? Do you feel cold after the rain?
No, I'm not. Talking to you like this makes me feel warm in my heart.
I don't know what to say or how to say it, but its the same for me, oppa.
Jihyo, gomapta.
For what?
For staying with me earlier. I know I have asked for too much, but you didn't left me.
Don't thank me for something I didn't know why I did. Oppa, you should think about yourself and not me. Is your wife at home?
I can't help it. I just can't think of anyone else, but you right now. Yes, she's at home when I got here. The children are watching TV.
Spend some time with them. It might help you clear your mind, oppa.
I will try, Jihyo-a.
After some time, Kyungeun, Jaeseok's wife entered the bed room which found Jaeseok in the dressing room, "I made dinner. Come join us. The kids loves the budaejjigae so thats what I made tonight."
Jaeseok smiles, "I'm just changing. I will follow you."
"Okay." Kyungeun smiled back and kissed Jaeseok on the cheek. He looked at her, "Stop looking at me like that. I just gave you a welcome kiss."
Jaeseok followed his wife on the dinning table and eat with his family. He makes sure that he will be asking about his children's day and be relevant on their activities. He might be out of their house most of the time, but Jaeseom is still a family man who wants to be involved with his children's lives.
Back in their bedroom, Jaeseok is reading some papers about his work the next morning when Kyungeun joins him. She tries to look over his papers playfully which Jaeseok returns with a smile. Kyungeun smiles too before hugging her husband's arm.
"You are quite busy. Why are you working so hard, huh?" Kyungeun said sweetly.
"What do you mean why I am working so hard? It's because of the kids and their future."
"I know. Its just that I'm getting ashame because I can't do better as a wife for you while you were doing everything for us."
"You don't need to do anything for me. For you to take care of the house and our kids, I am already thankful for that." Kyungeun gave him a kiss, "What's that for this time?" he chuckled.
"A thank you kiss." She then kissed him in the lips. "And that's an 'I love you' kiss." She flashes a very sweet smile.
Jaeseok then put down his papers and returned his wife's kiss with a long and hot one. That kisses ended up with Kyungeun sleeping in his arm while him looking at the ceiling. He felt the feeling of betraying Song Jihyo despite doing it with his wife.
Yoo Jaeseok gets up and went to the bathroom with his phone. He then messaged Song Jihyo. He waited a few minutes before getting a reply.
Did I wake you up? I'm sorry.
Ani, oppa. I'm just watching movie. I can't sleep. How about you oppa? Aren't you tired? You should be sleeping now. Don't you have work tomorrow?
Yes. I just can't get to sleep yet. 
Something bothering you?
I won't say it is a bother. But I am thinking of you.
Me? Why? Is it about our talk earlier?
I just miss you, suddenly.
Oppa...
I know. I know Jihyo-a. I know very well that I am messing with your thoughts. But I just can't help it.
Ani, oppa. I'm feeling guilty with your wife. I already feel like I am taking you away from her and I don't know what to do.
Ani. This is all on me, Song Jihyo. Everything is all on me. You don't have to feel burden or guilty because of me. Whenever you feel that way, curse on me. Put all the blame on me. I will take it. Because it is the truth.
If I am talking to you like this. If I am replying with your messages and answering your call, does it mean that I am betraying Kyungeun too? Oppa, I want to do that, but I can't. I feel like I am betraying myself if I stop talking to you. How am I suppose to face you if I do that.
Reading that, Jaeseok smiles to himself gladly. It is not becauze Jihyo accept his feelings, but because Jihyo is still Jihyo. The warm hearted woman she met more than a decade ago who doesn't want to hurt anybody's feeling around her. He is thankful and glad that he loves someone like her but also despising himself for doing it to her at the wrong time.
The next day, Jaeseok is always on his phone. He is always updating and updated by Jihyo. He changed Song Jihyo's name to her birth name, Cheon Seung Im.
At the comfort of her home, Song Jihyo suddenly had an idea. She sits on the living room wherein her mother is folding their clothes.
"Eomma," Jihyo started, "uhm, I suddenly thought of something."
"What is it?" Her mother asked without looking at her daughter.
"Uhm, will you be mad if I tell you that..."
"Say it immediately, Cheon Seung Im, before I throw all these clothes to you."
"Aist, you really is so hot temper. I just thought of moving out and live alone...?" Jihyo closed her eyes expecting some violent reaction from her mother but its not coming and so she looks at her wondering, "Eomma?"
"What do you want me to say?" her mother sighed, "It took you so long to even ask if you can move out? Yah, Song Jihyo-ssi. Ani, Cheon Sooyeon, do what you want. But don't forget that you can always comeback here when you feel like it. This is your home."
"I know. I know, eommoni."
What are you doing now? Jaeseok messaged Jihyo in the afternoon while he was in his car with his manager driving for him.
Oppa, I am currently checking out some apartment. Jihyo answered while she was walking around a building. Are you done with your schedule today?
Not yet. I have to go somewhere else. Why are you looking for an apartment? Are you moving out?
Ye, oppa. I just finally realized that I should be trying to live on my own. You know, I'm at that age.
Good for you, Jihyo-a. Where are you looking for an apartment?
I am currently here at Sinsa, oppa.
Really? That's near my house. Have you found something that you like?
Ye. I found a good one, but I will still see the other available apartment and compare. Also, oppa, the price here is a little steep, isn't it?
ㄱㄱㄱ Jaeseok also chuckled to himself while replying to Jihyo. It's Gangnam, Jihyo-a. Its a place known for luxury and many stars living in that place.
Right, oppa? Hm, but in anyway I will still look for a place.
You should. I just arrived at the studio. I will message or call you later. Take care. Call me when you found a place that you really like.
Take care too, oppa. I will tell you when I found one.
Jaeseok smiles to himself before closing his phone. He goes out of his car and walks to his filming site. His manager can't help but notice how often Jaeseok smile while he is on his phone.
"Hyeong," the manager started and Jaeseok looked at him, "did something good happened? Is there a good news?"
"Hm? What do you mean?"
"You were smiling since this morning while on your phone. You were also on your phone every rest time on your shoot. Did you and your wife have another good news?"
"Huh? You mean if she is pregnant? Ani, anio. She's not. I am just talking to her like the usual. Do you think I'm different today?"
The manager thinks of a better wording, "Hm, I don't know. You seemed extra happy today. I thought something happened at home."
Jaeseok chuckled, "You are quite an observer, huh?" he gave his manager a gentle pat on its shoulder.
Despite his chuckles and smiles, Jaeseok's heart beats really fast when his manager suddenly asked him about his constant happiness that day. It might have been really evident to everyone. Was he that noticeable?