Thin Line

Never Again
All is set. Jihyo finally moved in to her new apartment. She is happy and glad with it. Her mother sees it too as she is helping her daughter to arrange her things.
"You seemed to really like this place." Jihyo's mother said.
"Ne, eomma. I feel light and relax in this place more than the others that I saw." Jihyo replied with a big smile in her face.
"You can buy yours if you want. Why bother renting?"
"Because I just want to see if I can do it. I mean, I have never live alone in a house, eomma. I have always been with you and abeoji. Ah, eomma, do you think abeoji will help me renovate this if I decide to live here longer?"
"Your father is an architect, not an interior designer. Better buy a land and make a house, he will be the one to propose to you about it."
"Aist, eomma. I can't afford buying a land and building a house yet."
"What do you mean? The last time I checked your bank account, it only rose. You barely use your money. Are you a child? You are only living with the expenses that I give you. You even ask your father for some change to buy you a can of beer last time. What are you going to do with your money?"
Jihyo chuckles, "Nothing. Let it stay in my bank account. I want to be rich."
"Rich, my . You are even richer than us. How much do still want to go richer?"
Jaeseok comes in a few seconds more carrying a plastic box of Jihyo's things, "Where should I put this?" he asked with a big smile.
"Ah, in the bedroom, oppa."
"Isn't he busy?" Jihyo's mother asked.
"Jaeseok oppa? He said he doesn't have schedule today and offer to help."
"He is th eonly member who offered to help? Where's Jongkook? Or Sechan?"
"They are busy, eomma. Jongkook oppa have a filming today and Sechan too. I can't ask them to go and help me when they are busy too. Also, even my brother is not helping me so I won't expect them too."
Her mother nods in agreement, "You're right. But, Jihyo-ya, wouldn't this be a little weird for some?"
"What do you mean, eomma?"
"He is married and he is helping you move in alone."
"What do you mean alone, eomma? You are here with us, also the movers are here too."
"Ani, its not what I mean. He is helping you alone without anybody else that he knew or you both knew. Shouldn't he invite someone else to help you to avoid any misunderstanding?"
"Ay, eomma, ay! Don't make it sound like that. You are making things awkward for us. He is just helping me, helping us, so stop thinking about unnecessary things. Oppa and I are considering ourselves family. We have been working for more than decade now. How can you say that?"
"I'm just wondering, that's all."
After fixing some things, Song jihyo and Yoo Jaeseok had their first meal of the day on her new dining table with her mother. Mrs. Cheon prepared them some noodles and side dishes and samgyupsal. At the tbale, its obvious how Jaeseok is carinbg for Song Jihyo that her mother had noticed, but she didn't say a thing because she know that her daughter would be mad at her. Time passed and the night comes. Jihyo's mother decided to stay for the night in the new apartment with JIhyo and Jaeseok went home after dinner. As they were lying on the newly prepared bed, her mother can't help but ask Jihyo things about Jaeseok's behaviour.
"Are you sure you aren't weirded out by Yoo Jaeseok?"
"What do you mean eomma?"
"He cares to much for you. He even put food on your plate before him. He also helped and served me like I am so important part of his circle or something."
"He must be being respectful to you."
"Ani. Its different than that. Are you sure he is not into you?"
That caught Jihyo off guard and lost for words.
"Ya, Cheon Sooyeon, is he?"
"Ani, eomma! How can you think of that?"
"I'm just telling you. If its anything like that then stop. The man is married and you should set boundaries. You didn't come this far as a single woman just to be tied with a married man or as a mistress."
"Why would I be a mistress? I had known the feeling of being cheated. Why would I do that to anybody else?"
"I'm just concern. I know the kind of man that can make your heart flutter. You don't like men with handsome faces or great body. Your type is almost like Yoo Jaeseok. Although, he is getting handsome lately."
"Are you sure its me? Or you?" Jihyo bicker with her mother.
Jaeseok went home after spending the day with Jihyo and her mother. He can't hide the excitement and the happiness he had that day until he walked into the door and Kyungeun welcomed him. Seeing her face, Jaeseok's smile disappear and changed into the usual business smile he mastered.
"Oh, Kyungeun-a."
"Oppa." Kyungeun greeted himk with a beautiful smile before taking Jaeseok's cardigan. "How's your day?"
"Its fine. Everything went fine. How about you? How was your day? Did your mom liked my gift?"
"Of course. You know here very well. She loves those kinds of things. Abeoji also loves the gift you bought him."
"Did they ask why I am not with you?"
"Ani. They know that you are busy and also, you already said yes to your friends. You can't get any good chance to catch up if not today since all of you were all busy with your own professions."
Jaeseok just chuckled as if he didn't lied about where he was gone all day, "Is the kids still awake?"
"No. They were a little tired because they played all day."
"Let me check them." Jaeseok pat Kyungeun shoulder as he smile before he went to check for his kids.
Kyungeun followed her husband and watched him kissing and adoring their kids. She can't ask for anything more seeing his husband as loving as Jaeseok to their child and being as understandable and accepting of her as a wife. For Kyungeun, she couldn't ask for more. Yoo Jaeseok is the perfect husband she could ever have.
After checking on his kids, Jaeseok went to their bedroom to take a bath and of course to message Song Jihyo.
Are you still awake?
Ne, oppa. Have you arrived home safetly?
Ye. I bet you and eommonim are both tired.
Ye, oppa. Eomma is already sleeping.
Really? I hope I won't wake her up while talking with you.
Ani, oppa. She is so tired that she won't even feel that I am already putting my legs on her
Jaeseok chuckles before replying, That's naughty of you.
By the wa, oppa. How's your family's visit to your inlaws? Were they mad? You chose to help me instead of joining them.
Don't mind them too much, Jihyo-a. Kyungeun said that they liked my gifts. I will visit them one day. When I am not busy.
Gumawo, oppa.
Ani. Don't thank me for something I love doing.
What? You love doing house moving? You should make a business out of it if thats the case.
Because of their witty and fun conversation, Jaeseok can't help but to call Song Jihyo. He then opened the faucet and let it flow to overlap his voice.
"Oppa, why did you call?" Jihyo asked, but she also went out of her apartment and hide in the stair to talk to Jaeseok.
"I just want to hear your voice."
"Ay, oppa. You have been hearing my voice all day. What do you want to hear? As if I can sing you a lullaby."
"Hearing your voice is lullaby for me, Song Jihyo."
"Oppa..."
"Even if I hear you talk all day, I am still missing your voice. Jihyo-ya..."
"Ne, oppa?"
"Can I call you when I want to hear your voice?"
"I am not a good talker, oppa. I might bore you."
"Talking about anything is good enough for me. I just want to hear your voice. I can't see you everyday and its hard, but hearing your voice can at least make me calm at night."
"You can call me when you want to talk, oppa. I will answer your call."
"Gumawo, Jihyo-ya."
"For what, oppa?"
"For giving me your time despite I'm not worthy of it."
"And why are you not worthy of it?"
"In my situation and my place, I know I am imposing myself on you for too much"
"I am taking what I can take, oppa. Because I know I can't give more than what you can give, oppa. I can't do much for you."
"You don't have to, Jihyo-a. You are making me happy with just the little things you can give. It's even too much for me to ask for those things. I am thankful everyday and every moment I can have you with me no matter how long or short."
After talking to Jihyo, Jaeseok proceeded on taking a bath. When he comes out of the bathroom, Kyungeun was already on their bed waiting for him.
"You seemed to be really tired. You stayed in there for almost an hour." Kyungeun said as she chuckled. She then pats the side where Jaeseok sleeps. The latter followed and sits on it. Kyungeun touches his face before kissing his cheeks. Jaeseok looks at Kyungeun's eyes and their eyes met. Kyungeun run her fingers and hand from his face to his neck, but Jaeseok caught it and hold onto it stopping it from coming down, "Why?" Kyungeun asks with a naughty smile.
Jaeseok smiles before kissing Kyungeun on the side of her lips, "Lets just sleep for tonight. You and the kids are tired from the travel. I'm also sure you have been catering to your mother and father all day. I also have an early schedule tomorrow." he then kissed Kyungeun on the forehead.
Kyungeun pout a little and sighs, "Are you sure you don't want to do it?"
"Yes, Na Kyungeun-ssi. I will be fine."
Kyungeun chuckles before giving her husband a big hug. The couple proceeds on sleeping with Kyungeun cuddled on Jaeseok's arms.