Living Alone

Never Again
Then Monday comes. Its Running Man day. Like a father to his daugther, Seokjin quickly calls Jihyo to his side when he saw Yoo Jaeseok coming. Jaeseok feels how Seokjin is trying to invoke walls between him and Jihyo, but its just fine with Jaesok. Its just fine because he can always message Jihyo. And he doesn't want to be too close to Jihyo in the eyes.
"What do you think you're doing?" Seokjin finally broke his silence while he and Jaeseok are in the parking lot waiting for the opening.
"What again?" Jaeseok asked a bit irritated.
"You, you can't hide it from me Jaeseok-a. I know very well with those stares."
"Will you guys stop doing this to me? Is looking over my co-stars now a crime?"
"Not just looking, but on how you look over her."
"Will you explain to me how I should be looking at them?"
"Stop looking at Jihyo like you want to hold her. Stop looking at her like you want her to be beside you. Stop looking at her like she's yours."
"Hyeong! Aigoo, aist! Can you guys stop instilling those kinds of thoughts in me? Why do you keep saying that I'm into Song Jihyo?"
"Are we wrong?" Jaeseok looks at Seokjin's eyes blankly, "See? You can't even answer that question without breaking a sweat."
"Because you guys kept on cornering me."
"We are not, Yoo Jaeseok. You are just too obvious for your own sake. I know how much you like Song Jihyo even before. I also know that you are the one who backed up the PD to get her and stay in the show despite you being married to Na Kyungeun."
"Hyeong, I did the same for you."
"I know and I am thankful, but don't do anything that will ruin your family and Song Jihyo."
"Hyeong-"
"YOO JAESEOK!" The shout murmured around the parking lot and even made the whole production surprise. Its been long since Ji Seokjin last shouted in the set and to Jaeseok. The two friends look around and smile to ease the people around. "I'm telling you this now. Stop what you are doing before you regret it."
"I won't regret anything, hyeong. Because I have done nothing wrong."
"Nothing yet."
At the opening talk, Song Jihyo had expressed her desire to live alone and that she is currently looking for a place. She hasn't find one yet that she likes. Hearing about it, Yoo Jaeseok found a chance for him to invite Jihyo again in his car which Jihyo didn't deny. Jaeseok let his manager go earlier since it was asking to go home earlier for his girlfriend.
"So, you still haven't make up your mind about the apartment you just see?" Jaeseok asked while putting down the blinds.
"Not yet. I am still thinking about it oppa." Jihyo replied respectfully while leaning her back on the seat.
Jaeseok did the same as he felt relax and comfortable seeing Jihyo that close, "I can help you find a place. I know a friend who is a realtor. He can show you some good place to stay."
"Really, oppa? Aist, I didn't know that looking for a plcae that suits your lifestyle is that hard. I mean, I don't mind the rent price, but it's somehow really annoying whenever I think I found the place then something would came up and I find another one."
Jaeseok chuckles and then he simply holds Jihyo's hand which the latter didn't refuse, "That's why I am helping you. I can tallk to my friend to show you the place he was renting out."
"So, it's his place?"
"Ye. He is a friend from highschool who happened to be migrating out of the country and he wanted to sell his apartment, but since its hard to sell properties these days, he asked me to help him if I knew someone who is willing to rent a place. It's in Sinsadong."
"Is the place pretty, oppa?"
"Of course. I wouldn't recommend it to you if its not. Also that place is safe and really private. There is not much tenants in there yet because its a new building."
"When can I see that, oppa?"
"When are you free?"
"Tomorrow? Oh, no. Maybe Wednesday."
"Okay, I will set it with him."
Hearing about Jihyo wanting to move out of their house, Jongkook called Jihyo to have a dinner with Haha in their restaurant which Jihyo didn't refuse. HaHa welcomed Jihyo while Jongkook was waiting in the table in the corner. That's where they usually sit when they hangout together. Foods are serve and everything is in place, the only thing missing is the timing of how will Jongkook ask the question about Jihyo moving out.
"Oppa," Jihyo started as she take a sip from the soup, "I really like this. This is my favorite jjigae in your menu."
"Eat all you want. Are you already at home when you received my message?"
"Ah, not yet. I was still on the way home. I turned back and drove here when I read your message while on the red light."
"That good news. I thought you would never learn."
"Ya! What do you mean? I have never been in an accident while driving on my own."
"Then why are you always driving on your own these days? Let your manager do it for you."
"I will be living on my own in the next few days, so I have to get to know every corner of Gangnam while I am looking for the place."
"Gangnam? Why Gangnam?"
"What do you mean why? Oppa, aren't you happy in Gangnam? That's where you are living."
"Nothing. Just curious as to why. Gangnam is a busy place. While you are an introvert."
"Oppa, we have the same MBTI. You are introverted too."
"Have you seen some good place?"
"I found some good ones, but I'm going to look the other one and compare before making a decision."
"Where?"
"Sinsadong."
"Sinsadong? Who recommended you there?"
Jihyo is about to tell it was Yoo Jaeseok but she suddenly feel it would be wrong if she tell Jongkook about him. She doesn't want Jongkook or HaHa to ask why Jaeseok is helping her, "An acquaintance."
Jongkook knew that Jihyo is lying. With the way she suddenly slow down on chewing her food and suddenly thinking what to pick next, it's already obvious it's someone he also knew, "Did I know the person who recommended you the place?"
"I don't know, but I met him a few times on separate occasions. I haven't ask him if he met you too personally."
Jihyo is now getting comfortable lying. Jongkook can just smirk to himself knowing she is hiding the identity of the man she is talking about. It's not like Song Jihyo. She always tells him things about people she meets along the way, without cover. But this time, she is keen to tell lies about the man. She was protecting the man with everything she can.
"That's odd."
"Ne, oppa?"
"Its odd that you wouldn't even tell me his name."
Jihyo looked at Jongkook. She swallowed gently, "What's odd with it? Do you think I am hiding something?"
"Do you?"
"Why would I?"
She is getting caught yet she is getting back to trail with ease. Jongkook wants to tell her that he knew something, but he doesn't want to hurt Jihyo. He doesn't want her to be awkward with him after all these years, but he must protect her. He muist protect the person who is special for him. Not only Jihyo but also Jaeseok's family. Ji Seokjin can't permanently handle Jaeseok. They have been friends for decades and he even hid that secret love Jaeseok have had for JIhyo for a long time. It won't be hard for Seokjin to do the same to protect his friend too, so Jongkook must act too.
"I will help you find a good place. I have seen many. I knew quite some friends on the business. Just come with me on Wednesday if that's your schedule with your acquaintance."
"That's out of nowhere, oppa."
"Wae? You trust that acquaintance of yours than me?"
"Its not like that, oppa. Its just that he is making his time available for me on Wednesday. Its not like I can quickly say I would meet another realtors."
"Why not? Also, if your acquaintance's job is a realtor too, then there's nothing wrong if he learnes that you have other meet ups with other firm."
"I know, but- ay, oppa, ay." Jihyo sighed.
"Wednesday afternoon. I am free in the afternoon. I will call you immediately when I'm done with my morning schedules. So cancel your schedule with that friend of yours."

 

"Its an acquaintance."
"Doesn't sound an acquaintance for me when you are too worried about him getting hurt with cancelling your meet up."
Jihyo pouts, "What do you know about me?" she then took a piece of samgyupsal to .
"I know many things about you. I know things before you even know them too, paboya."