The Christmas Debate turned Love Song Duet

Granting Requests [CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

OTP: Wheebyul

Characters: Wheein, Byulyi, Ggomo, unnamed golden retriever that is also their son, and their families (mentioned)

Context: It's Christmas and the girlfriends are debating whose family will they celebrate with but I wrote this while listening to my walkman (from 90s South Korea I think?) and play tapes from 1999 and earlier SO WE GET A SONGFIC LMAO (song is When I see You Smile by Bad English) this is not beta read because.

A/N to requestor: Hey uhhh you got bumped up into an immediate update because yours was a christmas theme and the next one will be tomorrow as you wanted them to be separate. This isn't as beta read and intricate as the longer fics I know you read hahaha. Thank you so much for your support. Have a good one!

A/N: Hey y'all, first I wanna say those who requested before this don't worry because they're done (I wrote them all by order of when it was requested). I just released these first because it was Christmas themed. ALSO TO CLARIFY I AM NOT AS OLD AS YOU MIGHT THINK. The walkman (cassette player incase you're too young) is a hand me down. PLS I am not 40+ THATD BE SO FUNNY BUT LIKE... IM NOT THAT OLD (Not accepting age questions, permission denied)

 

 

“Byulinie! Look what I found!” Wheein came from their backyard with a… metal lunchbox- a completely dirty and almost muddy metal box.

 

“What-” Byulyi thought Wheein woke up and went to the backyard to play with their baby, the dog that might actually have their genes. Because he is very much like the both of them in dog form. A golden retriever that is as puppy- as beagle- as baby- as playful as Byulyi and smiles with the same contagious and infectious effect as Wheein’s.

 

But apparently they both went to -Wheein used a shovel- dig holes in the backyard. How the hell did they get to doing that? Who knows.

 

“It’s a time capsule! Unnie- let’s open it!” Wheein and their baby boy, muddy and dirt-covered just made the freshly mopped floor dirtier than it was. Byulyi could only sigh with a smile.

 

“Wheein-ah! Clean up first please!”

 

“Okay!”

 

After cleaning their precious golden retriever that is still a puppy but is about Wheein’s height already, they gathered at the dining table to investigate the time capsule. It had a cassette player and some tapes.

 

“Omo! It’s all in English, unnie do you know this?”

 

“Oh let’s play it. I think I know how it works…” Byulyi was entranced by such ancient looking technology that is begging to be tinkered.

 

Within a few minutes of grunting and slightly frustrated confusion, Byulyi got it to play. The cassette they played was The Collection of Love Songs.

 

“Woah! It works?! AND SOUNDS GOOD?!” Wheein jumped back to Byulyi because she was busy teaching their son proper math -yes, he must be an ace as well. Yes he is a dog, but no one can stop Wheein. “It doesn’t sound like it’s screaming in old age!”

 

In the midst of Wheein and their beloved -on training- math genius golden retriever and the new discovery of what might be ancient music, Byulyi’s phone chimes. It was her eomma asking if she’ll go home for Christmas and for her to finally bring someone home.

 

“Oh, Wheein-ah. Mom’s inviting you for Christmas with me.” Byulyi was dancing to the piano playing from the cassette.

 

Sometimes I wanna give up

I wanna give in

I wanna quit the fight

And then I see you baby

 

“Oh…” Wheein’s eyes were sad, and her voice was torn in between. “Eomma also asked me to bring you…”

 

And everythings alright

Everythings alright.

When I see you smile,

I can face the world, oh

 

Wheein smiles again, and joins Byulyi’s dancing to a song they couldn’t name (even if they tried). But she continues, “I think for the first Christmas we should go to mine.”

 

You know I can do anything

When I see you smile

 

Wheein said it with finality that may have hit a nerve. A specific nerve to debate about this matter. “I don’t know Wheein-ah… My sisters would love to see you.” Byulyi says as she offers Wheein a hand. An invitation for a duet. A dance.

 

I see a ray of light

I see it shining right through the rain

 

They were debating, it sounded heated despite their hands on shoulders and hips as they swung to the music- to the love song. It wasn’t too slow to be a ballad nor too fast to be a rock song. But the piano accompanied by guitar, bass, and drum all come together following the lead of the voice. Making them sway along with them all.

 

“When I see you smile,” Wheein sang in lieu of a reply. She knows -and Byulyi knows- that she’s been nagging to see Byulyi’s little sisters for weeks now.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter