She hates stupid. But she isn’t stupid.

Granting Requests [CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

OTP: Mainly Wheesun, Some Hwabyul

Characters: Mamamoo (all of them this time), some unnamed men, honestly do you still expect me to give other characters names? especially men?

Context: officeau wheesun and the very gay tension of their rivalry (tsundere behavior) also hwabyul is there to make both of them feel more single and build up the story (expect what you expect from rivals and tsunderes)

A/N to the requestor: I hope this was up to what you wanted because this is my favorite to write so far and... read the ending A/N for another surprise.

A/N: No spoilers but I hope you guys dont hate me on how this ends. Also not very well beta read cuz i did it lol. Enjoy reading! Happy holidays to those who celebrate!

 

 

“I DON’T LIKE HER!” The ever cold and collected Lead technician for the office whisper-shouted in the breakroom of their floor. Kim Yongsun, a woman who spent years studying computer science with dimwitted- slow- and arrogant men has been working in this very office with maximum efficiency and others dare say, an iron fist.

 

She’s well respected because she’s a natural. A complete natural for what her job entails. Lead technicians are usually tenured -and male- employees but she begs to differ. She got this role on time. By that it meant, as per her life goals and schedules, she is not behind. Getting lead tech in a predominantly male industry was hard enough, what’s harder for her was she does not follow rules if the ruler is a dumb . She’s stubborn but efficient.

 

That’s how she got lead technician in this job within 1.5 years. Which, for this office, is impressive. Because lead technicians before her took twice as long.

 

Actually this isn’t what she wants to be doing with her life but this pays well and is constant. In other words, this isn’t the only thing she has on her plate. She has a bigger picture in mind. And that was to create a program that would make her life easier. Specifically a program she can implement in her work to keep people from asking her the stupidest questions and to keep herself from asking them “Are you done? Have you passed it yet?”

 

You know, a management tool that doesn’t ask for her arms, legs, entire savings, and privacy.

 

“Please, Yong, you don’t like anyone. The only status people have on you is either: irrelevant or tolerable.” Moon Byulyi, another worker on the same building but on a different floor, was on her phone. She’s also in the breakroom, eating and she’s also a lead- well technically, a manager. She manages people on her floor, the boss as they say. But she’s better known for, They call me the big loverboss Yong. Because I’m caring, loving and kind.

 

How are they friends? Who ing knows.

 

“Ugh, no. You don’t get it.”

 

“Uhuh, I suppose I don’t.” Byulyi’s response was filled with sarcasm. Because she knows Yongsun is not the type to share if she isn’t challenged. Yongsun is not the type to trust you if you are intimidated by her. “Because to me, it only seems like she’s always in your head, she can’t stop getting out of your head, and you don’t wanna say you’re obsessed.”

 

“No- It isn’t like that. She’s in my head all the time because she’s always going up to my office to ask me the dumbest question that even a first year in CS would ing know!”

 

“Like what?”

 

“She barges in to like: Why is the internet slow? Are you slacking by playing games?” On the other line, Byulyi chuckled in amusement. “All the while with an annoying ing smile like she knows the answer and she just wants to waste my time!”

 

“Uhuh, I don’t see the problem.” Byulyi actually doesn’t. Genuinely if it were her, it would have been a great opportunity to chat and get to know the transferee. But Yongsun isn’t the Big Loverboss of the 14th floor. No, Yongsun is the Iron Maiden of the 7th.

 

“The problem that you fail to see is that I don’t like her!”

 

“Yeah, and when you don’t like someone you don’t think about them because they’re irrelevant. Isn’t that right, Lead tech Yongsun-nim?”

 

“Choke.” With that Yongsun hung up the phone and poured the freshly heated water into her mug. The very mug- full of black coffee. The only thing keeping her sane.

 

.

 

“She’s so easy to annoy Hyejinie!” Wheein laughed as they both walked their way to the station. “Thanks for making me transfer here, my previous boss was an ugly and boring .”

 

“No, your boss wasn’t ugly and boring. You left because he’s an .”

 

“Aww, you mean he was worse than me?” Wheein is self aware she can be perceived as an . That’s usually what people call you when you intentionally find joy in arguing and pressing people’s buttons. But that’s the tip of her iceberg.

 

Which is why Hyejin is unfazed. She knows her best friend well enough that being an is a defense mechanism. Being an is a defense mechanism that gets ten times worse when Wheein likes someone. She’s naturally a charmer. Get to know her a bit and that impression turns sour. You’ll see her as an that just loves debating, chaos, pissing people off. But if you get past that, you’ll only see a woman that doesn’t want to get hurt again. You’ll only see that Jung Wheein is absolutely horrible at commitment.

 

It was proven to be true with how many times she transfers from office to office despite such a perfect performance. She would argue it isn’t a commitment problem, she just likes the thrill of novelty.

 

Right. Like Hyejin would believe that.

 

“Please, you aren’t that bad. People just don’t tolerate things they can’t understand quickly enough or people that make them feel stupid.”

 

“You’re the best, Hyegi.” They both reached the station and Wheein hugged her friend. “You always know how to cheer me up when I’m already happy.”

 

“Uhuh, yeah. I love you too. Go, before you miss the train. I’ll just wait for my girlfriend here.”

 

“Way to ruin the mood by telling me I’m single.” Wheein feigns annoyance and waves her farewells.

 

Hyejin could only eyeroll. Her friend has a crush.

 

Because her friend has been talking about her boss each time she picks her up and they walk to the station. This very walk is usually their time to catch up because they were officemates before she suggested Wheein to transfer.

 

Actually, she forced her to. Because that boss was the reason Wheein is always so defensive- well her defense is offense. Wheein’s of a boss -who Hyejin fired when Wheein transferred- was the only other person Wheein opened up to. Was the only other person Wheein thought she could trust. And the very person that ed that up and more.

 

It was a mess that honestly could have been avoided if he had an ounce of professionalism and human decency. Also if Wheein would just stop having the worst taste in men. Or just not have any taste in men. Maybe she’s better off that way.

 

That wasn’t Hyejin’s call to make. If her bestie is a bi-disaster, that’s her bi-disaster. The pain on her back as she is Jung Wheein’s pain on her head.

 

Why?

 

Because she’s so good with emotions and people that Wheein is appalled. How does she do it? By it, she meant being understanding and patient. She’s got a great bestie that had to use her executive position to make things more bearable for her. More than once. Twice. Multiple times. Goals.

 

-

 

Moving forward to work. Yongsun was spending her first break coding her own software as usual. It was relaxing to get back into coding. Quaint. Safe. Because if her first initial run doesn’t work, she gets to problem solve. It was a win-win either way. So she’s zen. She’s calm.

 

Until she knocked on her office with her dumb ing smirk.

 

“Lead tech-nim, did this.” She passed the papers Yongsun just asked her for a while ago. It wasn’t an easy task to finish in two hours. It wasn’t a copy this or a fax that. No, Yongsun asked her to gather attempts of breaching on the data of their servers from six months ago until today. Which, by any means, is not a task that you can do in two hours. With the equipment they were provided, that is.

 

“And also this.” She handed her the report and a flash drive. But she retrieved it to fiddle with it as she continued with that smirk.

 

“This, shouldn’t be on cloud or any public domain.” She was smiling at her own brilliance. “Because this,” she puts it back on Yongsun’s desk. “Is something I made that will make untrustworthy million dollar software companies sue me.”

 

Then without any other words exchanged, she left.

 

Why is it hot? Why is Yongsun’s clothes starting to feel too tight? Why is everything warm?

 

What the was that? And Why did it get Yongsun… giddy?

 

She investigates said flash drive. It was a simple looking one. A little deteriorated and a little… cute. Why is there a paw sticker? She gets her laptop- the one she isn’t using for work. The one that isn’t connected into any server. And investigates further.

 

She got Yongsun… feeling a lot of things she might ask -and regret- Byulyi later.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter