Plans? What’s that?

Granting Requests [CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

OTP: Hwabyul

Characters: Ahn Hyejin, Moon Byulyi, mentioned Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein

Context: I was walking down mamamoo memory lane and remembered the depressing time also known as 2019 (idk if its depressing times for everyone actually because I wasn't on stan twt by then I was a fan of mamamoo by then already though) SO I TURNED THIS INTO ANGST AND CRIED AS I WROTE IT SO IN A PETTY ATTEMPT TO FEEL BETTER EVERYONE ELSE WILL CRY WITH ME.

A/N to requestor: I sincerely apologize for mixing two of your prompts (separated comments so I assumed you wanted two oneshots) it is the fault of my inability to count. As well as deleting the original by accident and having to cram this. So again, I apologize but I hope you enjoy this depresso espresso. Please add milk if it is too strong.

A/N: Y'all subbed to this so y'all can't blame me for hurting y'all. The "subscribe to this story" was an informed consent and you signed it so do not hold me accountable for hurting you. (haha ily dont attack me i have weak knees) BUT ALSO, COMMENT AND CRY WITH ME? Writing and beta reading this made me cry. Not beta read we die like my google doc that i deleted and could not even recover in the trash properly because I can't read instructions.

 

 

“Unnie, I have a question.” Hyejin was on her way home when she decided to give Byulyi a random call with no warnings. Because she’s more likely going to get a response that way.

 

“Will I know the answer?” As per usual, they don’t resort to normal hi’s and hello’s because they are built different.

 

“How’d you prepare for your guests at studio moon night?”

 

“Uhh… it’s a lot to say over a call, why?”

 

“Byulienie… dinner or teach me?” Hyejin pulled out her trump card. AKA The maknae you cannot say no to card.

 

“Sure. Beer and chicken my place?” Byulyi fails to decide which of the two so she just says yes. The best way to answer “blue or red” is yes for Byulyi.

 

“You mean now?” Somehow, someway Hyejin still understood what Byulyi meant without specifications. This conversation was giving- communication beyond comprehension. A proof of their bond being more than just colleagues.

 

“Yeah, still early no?” Byulyi, making no sense to everyone else but complete sense to Hyejin makes the caller smile. She was hoping for at least a schedule or plan. But that’s Yongsun’s thing and Byulyi likes to live in the present.

 

“Okay I’ll be there.”

 

That is how we got into this situation. By this situation it meant: they did not talk about said show. They tried but- here’s how it went:

 

“Unnie!” Hyejin whisper shouted from the outside, not wanting to wake up the neighbors but too excited to just knock.

 

“Omo, you’re fast.” Byulyi opens the door almost as if she was waiting by it.

 

“You too. Were you standing there the whole time?”

 

“No…”

 

“Anyway, brought the chicken, got the drinks?” Hyejin raises the chicken she brought. It isn’t a rotisserie more like chicken wings but also kind of not.

 

“Always.” Byulyi smiles as she steps aside for Hyejin to enter. Like the gentle woman she is, she made sure she closed the door and offered a seat for the pretty lady. Waiter of fine dining, much?

 

Minutes into teaching how to be an entertaining host and learning what Hwasa wants her show to be about, they started taking a trip down memory lane. It started with Hyejin bringing up Queendom.

 

Then tangent after tangent- bottle after bottle- the two were now on the verge of tears. Trying so hard not to let any drop from their glassy eyes as they recall their journey. As a group, as individuals- colleagues- friends- family- it was such an emotional trainwreck of a conversation.

Please log in to read the full chapter