Chapter 7

Mr Cold Heart

NOW PLAYING - LOVE FOOLISH BY TWICE

 

Yoongi POV:

Finally, home. I’ve still got work today but I have a weird feeling in my chest, I have no idea what it is. Embarrassment? Sadness? Regret? Probably regretting the fact I rejected a chance to hang out with my crush. I’m just so done with today. First of all, a certain Jeon Jungkook was making fun of me all day for being out with Chaeyoung, then my idiot secretary almost sold my biggest property I own, then Chaeyoung doesn’t let me eat her chips! I’m mean we’re practically married! Maybe not yet, but still! I have so many strange feelings thinking about her, and now with the weather getting warmer, I’m gonna get worse. Ah, yes, the torture of seasonal depression. Most people get depressed in winter, for me it’s spring. At least it hasn’t been as bad as it was a couple of years ago, where Jin Hyung saved me, but I should stop focusing on the past.

 

I want to lie down and listen to music, but I have no idea where the hell my headphones are. Oh wait, they are over there. Ugh, I have to cross a whole room to get them! I’ve got them now, I just close my eyes and put my playlist on shuffle. In case you are wondering what the mysterious Min Yoongi’s playlist is like, it consists of Twice, aespa, Oh My Girl and treasure. Don’t judge. Love foolish comes on. I think I finally found a way to describe my emotions. I suppose all love does is hurt you. This is worse than any cut I gave myself, those heal but these don’t. It’s like a constant dull ache, something constantly pressing down on my heart. Oh nice it’s the rap “Eogimeopshi kkeullyeodeureo, yes me. I want to give you permission, that's me” I murmur along. Maybe not murmur, because my grandma just walked across the hall and gave me a weird look. Luckily engineering genius Haechan wired my door so I could shut it with the press of a button! As a reward, I should really sell him Chenle, but maybe that would be more of a punishment…

 

Now the doors shut, I’m going to cry! Why? Because my one and only true love flipping hates me and Nayeon changed her bunny teeth. As the tears start flowing down my cheeks, I get a text from Taehyung, my unofficial therapist, saying “Hyung, are you okay? I feel like you are crying, Don’t worry Jungkook doesn’t like Chaeyoung back”. Wait, WHAT THE HELL?!? I furiously smash the call button and Tae picks up. “Fill me in” I quickly say, not wanting him to hear my breaking tone.

“So, at the restaurant, both jk and winwin said Chaeyoung was looking at him like she was in love, so we assumed she was”

“Wonderful, you text to tell me my crush loves my best friend?”

“I thought you were smart and would have read my emotions and figured it out!”

“Read other’s emotions?? That’s like telling Jin Hyung not to look at his face! It just wouldn’t happen!!”

“Calm down, she will be living with you potentially forever, and I’m sure she will fall in love with you”

“Just like you thought Jisoo would fall in love with you?!” I snap and I realise I’ve gone too far. The other end of the line goes silent, but he’s not hung up. 

“Hyung, this is not about us and Jisoo, It’s about you and Chaeyoung” 

And that’s the last thing I hear as he hangs up.

Ugh, why does this always happen? Every time someone tries to help me, I just push them away. Maybe I should just push everyone away and work from home. Wait no, then my secretary Lisa would be so busy staring at Jungkook, she would accidentally sell everything I own as well as everything I don't own. Maybe I should put my cousins souls on a document, just a preventative measure, so worst case - or best case - scenario, she sells them! I should probably apologise to Taehyung, but I'm not good at putting my feelings into words. Maybe I was just born to be alone. Wait a second, I know that line...

Isn't Lisa in a band? I remember her playing a song with that line, what was it called? Love? Lovestick? Lovestick world? Just then I get a text from winwin

"Hyung, don't be a dumb pabo, it's Lovesick Girls, and it's Chae's band". Wow. Maybe he can read minds. And I think I forgot to mention Chaeyoung and my youngest cousin were classmates/ close friends and still are. Why am I talking like I'm narrating a book? Oh yeah, that's right, some dumb author is sitting writing my thoughts instead of studying for her science test. 
(Sheesh, chill! I'll study after this, and besides it will be easy!)

Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night. Besides back to the matter on hand, she's part of a band, it's not on any of her social media, that's weird. I think the only thing I recall her posting it that she was freinds with (G)-IDLE Soyeon, and how they recently went out on lunch together. I don't remember that much about my own life, why do I know so much about hers? I feel like a creepy stalker. I should get to bed, I have a conference with a rival business owner. Goodnight, readers and author who should be studying.

Itz InTheMorning18! I tried to get to 1000 words but it never actually happened T-T. Tell me if you think this chapter is too short for today!