Chapter 2

Mr Cold Heart

CHAEYOUNG

I pinched my lower lip as I stare at the paper in front of me.

"Rules and limitations?"

"Yes," he answered as he looked up from his tablet. "Since you're so stubborn and you don't obviously have a choice in this, I know you'll do something desperate."

"Oh, wow, that was, like, I don't know, very caring of you?" I rolled my eyes.

He gave me a look before turning back at his work. I just wish I could punch his face and be done with it.

"Look at the paper and tell me if you have a problem,"

"I don't want to marry you,"

"Except for that."

I grumbled and looked at the paper laid across me.

RULES AND LIMITATIONS FOR PARK CHAEYOUNG AND MIN YOONGI

1. PARK CHAEYOUNG and MIN YOONGI are married by paper and law only. They are both allowed to have intimate relationships outside. STRONGLY SUGGESTED to keep the relationships a secret.

2. Both have to act like a couple when in face with acquaintances and relatives. ESPECIALLY, the main families. No one has to know the arrangements settled by the married couple.

3. If one wishes children, state reason(s)

4. PARK CHAEYOUNG will receive alimony if she wishes to have a divorce.

5. No physical contact needed, unless met with certain situations. (Read no. 2)

6. Avoid being involved in rumors along with a potential partner.

I frowned and stop reading. There were more, but I'm too annoyed to finish it. And the first ones are the important things so far. I slammed the paper down, "Okay, first of all," I started. "This is completely, absolutely, definitely, extremely..."

I gave a sigh, glaring at him after, "Nonsense."

He looked up at me, and there was a tinge of irritation in his face. It was, by far, the most expressive response I got from him.

"One thing about me is that I respect marriage. Unfortunately, the concept of marriage didn't probably get into your mind. It's a holy union! A holy union! How many fricking times do I have to fricking repeat it to get it into your fricking mind?!"

 

"Mind your language, please,"

"I wasn’t even swearing, thank you very much!"

He rolled his eyes, "Well, you see, Chaeyoung, those rules and limitations are for the safety of both of us. I'm not always watching my back, and you are reckless and careless. We need reminders."

"I'm not the sort of a person that makes a relationship with various people." I bluntly stated, referring to the first rule. "Goddamn it, Yoongi, even though I'm going to be married to a old man like you, I know when to respect someone. I'm not going to cheat," I gritted my teeth.

"First, I'm not an old man, I'm just three years older. Second, fine, let's get rid of the first rule."

He took the paper and took a pen, erasing the first rule. "What else?"

"The sixth one is a bit alike with the first one; get rid of it. Unless you have a girlfriend?"

"I made that rule for your sake," he murmured. "Goodness, what a waste of ink."

I stiffened for a moment. What...? He made the rule for me? Because I'm really against with the marriage and that he thinks I'm waiting for 'the one'?

For a moment, he really looks cute in my mind.

"Besides, I don't have interest to girls."

"So you’ve never felt for anyone? No one at all?” I questioned

"Work keeps getting in the way," he softly said.

I cleared my throat, "Get rid of the fourth one. I told you, divorce is a no-no for me."

"So you think being with me is good?" he looked up at me.

Why... why does he look like a kitty? I like kitties, especially white ones... and he's so pale... paler than me...

"Wha-what...? Shut up and get rid of it!"

"Okay," he obliged. "Anything else? Let's get finished with it."

"The third one?" I said, blood crawling up my face. "I don't like what it says."

"Admit it, Chaeyoung. We have needs," he said, tapping the number 3.

I didn't speak. 

"In the near future, Chaeyoung, we need to have a kid," He said, sighing. He started to massage his temples, "One of the main purposes of this marriage is to ensure an heir of the families. We're going to be the reason of the union of the families, and we need to seal it by having a child."

"And your Grandma really wants to have a great-grandchild," I grumbled.

"How did you know?"

"She told me once," I rolled my eyes.

"Grandma..." he groaned softly.

"Hey," I called lowly. He looked up. "If you don't mind me asking, where's your Mom? You told me that your Dad's gone already,"

"She's abroad," he sighed. "She can't handle the stress for being a wife of a Min, curse and all, so she decided to go overseas. It was the reason why Grandma doesn't like her," he shrugged.

"Don't you, I don't know, find the curse a little fishy?" I blinked at him. He blinked back before going back to his tablet, probably checking his schedule for tomorrow. I rolled my eyes. "Well, don't you?"

"I don't really care," he bluntly said. "All that matters is the marriage."

"Because it benefits us both," I said it with a deadpan look.

"Yes," he answered.

Oh my God, why am I even sitting with a guy like him? I really hate this life!

▬▬▬▬▬

I glanced up from my book when I heard my door opening. Alice came in with a smile on her face. I averted my eyes and continued reading.

"I thought you would like to have some snacks so I brought these." She said sweetly, laying the tray down to the table. Even the way she did it looks so graceful.

I nibbled my lower lip as I tried to ignore her. I heard her sighing, "Min Yoongi is a good man, Chaeyoung... you'll regret nothing when you marry him."

"Why don't you do it instead?" I raised a brow, still not looking at her. "You fancy the old man, you do it."

"You know I like that boy from the Zhongs family, Chenle,” I heard her sighing again. "And you're the best choice, Chaeyoung..."

(A/N don't you think Chenle looks a bit like suga?)

I stopped. And then scoffed, glaring at her. "Best choice? Ha! As if! You're always the best, Alice. Don't be ridiculous."

I stood up with my book in hand, leaving her in my room.

▬▬▬▬▬

"Your parents told me that you like strawberry," he said as he gave me a plate with the sliced part of the cake.

 

I kept quiet and stared at the cake before feasting on the chocolate one instead. I saw him looking at the cake, then at me. "That's your favorite, why aren't you eating it?"

"I don't eat strawberries," I said. "My favorite is mango, not strawberry." I continued to eat, ignoring his stare.

I was surprised when he took the plate of strawberry cake and gave it to the maid who was standing at the side. "Take the cake I ordered yesterday." He said. The maid nodded and obliged, making me more confused.

I was astonished when I saw the maid coming back with a familiar box of cake in her arms. That's a cake from the bakery I always go to.

"That's a mango cake." He said, opening the box and laying it on a cake platter. "Eat it all if you want. I just bought it yesterday."

"What a nice coincidence," I muttered out before taking a slice.

I was about to take a bite when he spoke, "Not really. I know you like mango. You always bring a mango shake every time we meet, and you always ask every time you order a drink if there's a mango-flavored juice."

"You're not stalking me, right?" I asked with my eyes squinting in suspicion. He scoffed, then looked at his stack of paperwork. "Why do you always bring your work with you, anyway?" I asked, taking a big bite.

"Because I have nothing else to do," he blankly said.

"Wow, you're definitely old," I said, sipping a little bit of my tea.

"I'm three years older than you; I'm not that old."

▬▬▬▬▬

"Look at that tree; it's so pretty!"

"Don't go pointing at things, idiot," he clicked his tongue and lowered my arm. "You don't know what lurks in there."

"Superstitious old man," I mumbled, clicking my tongue.

"I'm three years older—"

"You're. Still. An. Old. Man." And I stuck my tongue out.

"And you're an immature brat." He retorted before walking ahead, his hands in his pocket.

I made a face before following him, my steps quickening since he got so far already. Geez, he looks like he's strolling around but he walks like he's in a hurry or something.

"Hey, is your wife going to give birth or something, old man? What's with the rush?" I said as I try to keep up with him. I almost tripped when he suddenly stopped.

"Hey, say something before you stop—" I yelled while glaring, but I blinked and took a step back when he leaned close to my face.

"You're my wife, idiot."

He gave me a small smirk before leaning back, continuing to walk, this time slower.

I felt my face warming up.

What was that?!

"I'M NOT MARRYING YOU, YOU OLD MAN!"