Chapter 6

Mr Cold Heart

 Chaeyoung POV:

NOW PLAYING- I DONT NEED A MAN, MISS A

I still can't get over the fact it's my own wedding yet I'm not informed, how surprising. I sighed and tried to forget my problems, averting my focus to my food instead. I'm going to eat and eat until I get fat—actually, no. I need to maintain my weight—oh, what the hell! Whatever, I'm still going to eat.

I was munching on my fries when my phone rang. I rolled my eyes when I saw Yoongi's Caller ID. What does this guy want now?

"What?" I said, throwing a fries in my mouth.

[I feel very loved. There's no hello?]

I don't really know if this guy's joking or was just being sarcastic. How can I tell when his tone is so blank and dry?

"Just spit it out already. I'm eating," I annoyingly told him.

[Yes, I could tell because I can hear you.]

"That's good to know, that means you don't need a hearing aid yet." I mindlessly retorted, taking a sip of my drink.

[I'm only three years older, I'm not old.]

"Yeah, whatever," I said.

"I could appreciate though if you could at least respect me."

 

"Yeah, whatever—eh?" I blinked. Is it me or did I hear Yoongi just now?

I blinked rapidly when a man with pale skin and bored eyes sat in front of me in his crisp business suit. He looks so out of place in a fast food restaurant. I couldn't help but snort; ignoring his annoyed glare when he heard me.

I ended the call and looked at him with a brow raised. "What?"

"There's still no hello?"

"Yeah, whatever, as if you need one." I shrugged. "Why are you here?"

"I can't come to the mall? Especially when I own some?"

"Yeah, whatever," I shrugged again.

I could see a ghost of a frown in his face. "You sound uninterested."

"Oh, it's not you," I waved my hand dismissively. "I'm just... kind of tired, that's all."

"You're unemployed,"

"Why, thank you for pointing that out for me," I said, my teeth grinding against each other as I gave him a false smile that didn't budge him. If anything, he looks amused.

"Why are you feeling tired?" he asked, sneakily taking fries. I gaped at him at first, before taking away my fries from him.

"You have money, buy some on your own." I told him. "Anyway, you're aware that we're getting married in three months?"

"Yes, I am. I'm part of the planning," he said, taking a sip of my drink instead.

"Then how come I don't know about it?" I wasn't surprised about him being part of the planning. It's already said in the first place that he's marrying me for the benefits he would get.

"Your family said that you would've escaped and run away to somewhere before the wedding, so they tried to play it safe by not telling you."

"Wow," I dryly said. I pursued my lips and distracted myself by looking at my phone. How come I'm not surprised? They're really doubtful of me; it's not like I can't help it though. I've grown alone and wit one friend that I'm used to do everything I want and on my own.

"I guess you were flattered?" he raised a brow.

"Partly," I shrugged. "Hey, wanna go to a water park?"

"No" he said, disgust evident on his face, "I have work to do, I'm only here to drive you home"

I decided to do this and one more chapter before the wedding, I'm sorry! There's just a little bit more story I'd like to cover!