Chapter 8

Mr Cold Heart

CHAEYOUNG POV:
"Jesus Christ, you're not going to a battle, why are you looking like that?"

"I wasn't aware you're a Catholic, Yoongi. Then again, I don't see myself giving a thought when it comes to you." I shrugged. Taking deep breaths, I arranged my fringes again while facing the mirror. You can do this, Chaeyoung, you can do this! It's just the media, they're not going to eat you alive!

"If I'm right, you're the one who's a Catholic. You just kind of rubbed it off on me,"

"Hm," I shrugged, ignoring him after. It's just media, media, just media!

I startled when a hand dropped at my shoulder, I looked up and saw Yoongi looking down at me with a thoughtful look. "I'm here with you," he suddenly said. "You're not alone. We're both suffering in here,"

My face fell at the last part, "You, my idiot fiancé," I tapped his hand. "Is a hopeless motivator."

"Well, at least I tried," he shrugged, before taking a seat beside me at the bench I was sitting in front of at the vanity table. "You don't do make-up?"

"Only light," I shrugged. "I'm honestly clueless and hopeless at the art of make-up."

"I'm not surprised," he told me, fiddling with my baby pink hairbrush. "Other women I know are pretty knowledgeable in that."

"I thought you have no friends?" I frowned at him, because if he lied about not having friends, then I'm going to hate him more. Just when I'm kind of accepting him (as an acquaintance or a friend, whatever), he's gonna lie about something pretty touchy for me.

"Just acquaintances," he answered. "People can't be friends with me, they can't really put up with my 'ice prince' persona and all."

"Funny," I muttered. "People can't handle my fiery temper and all."

"I handle you fine, though,"

"I don't tolerate your 'numbness', ice prince,"

 

"I guess that's a good thing," he retorted, showing a small grin, which is the most expressive he's shown me for weeks. I found myself dumbfounded as I stare at him. What the hell... I don't really like it when he gets something like this. It... makes me feel something mushy—and I hate everything mushy!

"We should get out," I cleared my throat and look away. "Better get it done than never. Come on, let's get this act start,"

"True," he mused while standing up, looking down at me. I gulped when he laid a hand in front of me, "We might as well start now."

What does the hell does he mean?

▬▬▬▬▬

This isn't what I expected.

My vision have white spots now, and I'm blinking from time to time as I look down. I felt Yoongi's hand as he tilt my chin up, "What's wrong?"

"My eyes hurt,"

"I told you we should have change seats," he reprimanded. "Your eyes aren't used to camera flashes, right?"

Unlike Alice and my parents, also Yoongi and his Grandmother, I've been away from the aristocratic life so long that I'm not used to it. People know the Parks have another daughter, but only few have seen my face since I tend to shy away from the media. Alice was more the known one, appearing in social gatherings and even on television. As you might tell, I'm not really fit for this type of lifestyle. I don't like to show people how I live my life. They need to mind their own businesses and refrain themselves from sticking their noses to others' lives because I'll cut it off from their faces if it's somewhere it shouldn't be.

"Yeah." I find myself mumbling, "Yeah, I'm not,"

"Come on, let's change tables,"

"Huh?" I asked when he stood up. "But aren't we here near the glass wall to show we're in love?"

"How are we going to do that if you're acting like a bumbling idiot?"

"Oh wow, that was pretty considerate of you, my dear," I sarcastically told him as I rubbed my eyes—

"Ouch!" he flicked my hands.

 

"Don't rub it. Just let it rest." He told me, pulling me up. I heard him telling a waiter to move our plates to another table, as I wasn't feeling well and the people who kept flashing their cameras outside aren't helping at all. "Come on, Chaeyoung, we're going to a VIP room."

"Eh? But—"

"Let's pretend later on," he whispered. "I don't want you going blind because of them."

My God, self! Refrain that stomach of yours doing somersaults!

▬▬▬▬▬

Most of our so-called date has me looking away from the cameras and rather facing Yoongi instead. Grandma gushed it as romantic, saying I was too into her grandson and all.

I think she's forgetting we're only pretending for the media. Not that I could blame her, she's getting old.

"I didn't expect you to move in with him soon," I groaned inwardly when Mom entered the sitting room of the Min Mansion. I was busy reading a book when she came in. Oh great, what is she going to do now?

"Looks like you're handling this arrangement well," she mused, raising a brow as she sits across me and crossing her legs. The way she sits contrasts so much to mine. My left ankle was resting on my right knee, and I'm leaning back so I'm pretty slouching.

So much for being the youngest Park and the bride of the infamous Min Yoongi.

"Yeah, whatever," I muttered. This is all your fault, I said inwardly. You all ruined my life...

"Keep this up," she told me, making me stiffen. "The unity of Park and Min families is crucial, and I expect you to not mess it up."

I kept quiet this time, not opting to answer her. Is this all I really am? A tool? A minor factor to a big, important matter? They're talking to me more often than usual because I'm the one who's marrying the Min heir, but the moment I say my 'I do's' and Yoongi impregnate me, it'll be all back to zero. All of their attention and whims will be to the child, because the baby will be the seal and the symbol because it’s finally it's over, it's all done.

The Min and the Park are now finally united.

"What has gotten you this quiet this time?"

My head shot up because of the familiar voice. Mom left moments ago already when I kept quiet and didn't talk. I didn't know what she felt, but to be honest, I'm too mad to care.

 

I averted my eyes from him, and looked down at the flowers laid at the table. "Nothing,"

"It doesn't seems nothing to me,"

"Since when did you care?" the words left my mouth without me realizing, and I closed my eyes in frustration. "Forget what I said."

"Is it about your parents again?"

"There's nothing wrong with my parents," I huffed, looking away.

"No offense, but your parents are horrible,"

I found myself blinking, "What...?"

His half-lidded eyes looked back at me with a deadpan expression on his face, and suddenly I was laughing out loud. "No one... said that to me... ever...!" I wheezed.

"Must be because they thought you'd get angry, and your parents look respectable on the outside,"

I was still wheezing when I asked, "How come you think they're horrible...?"

"Simple; you," he answered. I stopped instantly, blinking at him. "The way they treat you... it's unfair. Aren't parents supposed to be fair to their children? But your parents, they don't even know your favorite flavor of cake."

That shut me up. I looked away. It was the truth anyway. I'm aware of how my parents treat me, and I got mad at them for it, and then forget about it and then try to have their attention to me, even for a short time. I try to have them proud of me, that's the reason I was even good at school. I'm academically gifted, but that doesn't mean I should still exert my efforts. But no, I was desperate for my parents' attention, I did anything to make them notice me.

But all of it went futile.

They still prefer Alice than me. And I don't even know why I keep trying.

I sighed, "Can we not talk about this for now? I would actually rather hear Grandma gushing about the articles of us."

"They're amusing, the articles," he said, making me look at him. "Some of them is so imaginative though,"

"What do you mean?"

"They say I met you in college and we hid our relationship for years."

"That's funny," I mumbled, hiding a smile. Soyeon is gonna be confused as hell.

Yoongi's POV:

Ha, these articles are funny. I guess Tae's okay with me now because he sent me them and told me to show them to Chaeyoung. It was clearly her first time at an event like this, she couldn't handle the camera flashes. I think she's okay with me now because she didn't call me an old man, so that's good. I'm tired, why is this dumb author making me stay up? Go do your work.

Alright, chill! I'll post this now and you can go sleep.

Yeah, yeah, good night.

I got over 1000 words! 🥳 How did you like todays chapter?  Tell me in the comments! Also I'm sorry for being AFK, I had stuff to do, totally not procrastinating on YouTube! Anyway have a good day/night x