Chapter 3

Mr Cold Heart

CHAEYOUNG

Even when I was young, I made it clear that I can't be approached. It's not that they really can't, I just really don't want them to be close.

Why?

Why would I let people get into my life and then leave me alone the next? That's too stupid and totally not worth my time. It's just like letting things happen even though you know it'll be disastrous in the end.

"You have social accounts except for Facebook," he said, his eyebrows shooting up slightly. "I didn't expect that; students nowadays are very active in social media."

"I don't have friends," I said blankly. "So it's no sense for me to have a Facebook account. I use Instagram to post pictures I take, Twitter to look at funny stuff, Youtube for amusing videos, you get the gist." I shrugged.

"You're very famous in Instagram," he said. I just kept quiet even though he's stalking my social accounts literally in front of me. "Your followers are near to a hundred thousand."

"Yes, I'm aware," I dryly replied. "It's my account, duh?"

He ignored my sassy answer and continued scrolling and swiping. "You don't have a decent picture of yourself," he commented again.

"What is your problem with my pictures?" I frowned. "I don't want to reveal my face cause it doesn’t look nice, is that a problem?"

"You're not ugly," he looked up at me, with half-lidded eyes. "So why not show your face? After all, being shy is not a part of your description."

"I hate you," I grumbled, sipping a bit of my drink.

"Thankfully, I’m not immature enough to return such a feeling."

"So you like me?” I asked “ Like like like?”

“Mm” he said quietly, probably too bored with me to answer 

▬▬▬▬▬

"Young lady, please don't be like that. You are getting married, why do you look like as if someone had died?"

"Someone has died," I solemnly said with a sigh.

"Who, young lady?"

"Myself," I said with a sigh again. "Why the hell is this happening to me? Why do I have to marry an old man?" I yelled the last question out of the window, where I'm sure my dear parents and dear sister could hear me. "I hate my life! This is ridiculous! Screw this life!"

"Young lady! Your language!"

"I'm pretty sure you can understand me fine enough." I said, huffing. I stood up and grabbed my backpack, going towards the door.

"Young lady, where are you going?"

"Somewhere far beyond," I blandly answered.

"But, young lady—"

"Oh, what the hell! I'm going to the mall!" I yelled, turning around. "Can't a fully-new adult do that?!"

"Oh, you can't, young lady. We can't have you running away, especially when the wedding's near—"

 

"What? What do you mean the wedding's near?" I frowned, approaching her. She took a step back, looking nervous suddenly.

"Forget what I said, young lady. You can go now."

"You can't tell me that. I should be the one ordering you around. Now, tell me."

"The wedding's in the next three months, young lady, you are going shopping for your wedding dress tomorrow ." She squeaked, looking down.

I let out a miserable laugh. And then turned around.