Festival

Polar Opposites: SeulRene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene is sitting nervously on the sofa in the Kang Household. Seulgi' sbrother is sitting on the opposite sofa in front of the latter. An awkward silence surround the two - after all this will be the first time Irene met Seulgi's brother. Suelgi's brother couldn't take her eyes off Irene (watching her every move) and it makes the latter feel anxious.

     Irene invited Seulgi to a music festival as joke (thinking the latter will reject her and make fun of her), and surprisingly the latter agreed to go on the festival. Now she is waiting for Seulgi in her place - going to the festival together with the angel of the school.

     "I know you ae fully aware of my sister's attitude, Irene." Seulgi's brother said, in a taunting manner. "But she is fragile regardless of her nature. As a brother, I don't want to see my sister cry or get hurt. Do you get what I'm saying?"

     Irene nodded her head. "Y-Yes, Sir. I understand clearly. I will take good care of Seulgi while we are out. I am not the type of person to—"

     "And," The latter spat. He was only messing with Irene and presumed the girl will catch on, but it seems like Irene was way too nervous to even realize. He chuckled with a smile, "Have fun with her. Enjoy the night and don't worry about her coming home late (I am used to it)."

      Just in time, Seulgi went down from the stairs wearing a black crop top with a baggy jacket, mini skirt, and knee-high boots. Irene suddenly felt out of place - she's wearing a white crocs shirt, black jogger pants, white sports shoes, matched with a black sling bag. 

      Ah. I should've worn a better outfit. Iene glanced back at the girl talking to her brother - lecturing him over something she cannot hear. Oh well, it's better to have the eyes on her. 

      Arriving at the festival, the first thing Seulgi did was buy snacks from the stalls and forced Irene buy glow-in-the dark lights sold from the side. They played the games and won prizes. Seulgi even reunited and met some of her old "friends" which she introduced to Irene. Then, the event started - various local bands performing on stage, and people jumping up and down and sing at the top of their lungs.

      Surprisingly, Seulgi is fully aware of the songs in the event. Irene presumed the latter doesn't listen to alternative rock.

      After the main event, the stage is open for the public to take. Seulgi handed Irene her small pocket-bag and ran to the center of the stage. She glanced at the musicians to give her signal that she is ready to perform. Irene's not aware of Seulgi scheme's but the moment the music played, for the first time, she saw the biggest smile from the Kang Seulgi. The satisfied look on Seulgi's face as she raise her hands up in the air as she sings and the eye contact the two make are giving the latter twists in her stomach.

      Using he voice, Seulgi captivated the audience. No one would dare look away as if they are seeing an angel singing - a melody so tempting that it silenced the whole stage area. The festival is meant to be wild and chaotic - but that moment.. things went still as everyone watch and listen the girl sing. 

      She's... really something. Irene thought - her eyes stuck on the girl singing. I never knew she's so good at this. She's... really full of surprises.

      Seulgi took the mic off from the stand and walked around - makign eye contact on the audience singing with her. She approached Irene, and the latter knew what Seulgi is attempting to do; hence, Irene shook her head as "no". Instead of forcing the latte to perform with her, she circled around the girl - not breaking eye contact - and grabbed the latter's hand pulled her close - Seulgi's microphone blocking the bottom half of their face.

      "Expecting something?" Suelgi whispered whilst moving the phoen away from  - causing Irene's cheeks to heat up.

      Seulgi chuckled and broke away from the contact while giggling - finding Irene's reaction amusing.

      The performance ended and everyone gave their applause to the singer. Some took photos, while others... attempted to ask for her contact information.

      "Hey, Irene." Seulgi called for the latter's attention - finally breaking away from her audience. She took her phone and wrapped her arm around Irene's while resting her chin on her shoulder.

      "I don't like taking photos." Irene said, covering her face from the camera. She is well aware of her face, and she doesn't want to ruin such occasion by breaking the vibe in the photo. 

      Irene doesn't care what she looks like, but for some reason, it bothers her. Is her face okay? What is her angle? Will Seulgi like the face she will make? Were some of the thoughts running in her head.

      Seulgi pouted white facing her in the same position. "But I want to take a photo with you, pup."

      Iene released a sigh. She couldn't say no to the girl after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter