Drunk

Polar Opposites: SeulRene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi is sitting on a playground swing. She can no longer stand the noise coming from the party and needed some fresh air. She had too much to drink to the point she feels a little bit light-headed, but she decided to finish the bottle she brought with her either way. 

     I feel like passing out. Seulgi said to herself. She leaned her elbows on her knees and rested her forehead on her palms, If only I knew Chaeyoung invited those goddamn idiots from school I shouldn't have come. They're so ing stubborn! How can they not understand a No is a No and that I want to be alone?

     A pair of shoes stepped on the sand - catching her attention. "It's rare to see the angel to be alone," Irene said, standing in front of her. Seulgi raised her head and met Irene's eyes, "Seems like you're not enjoying the party."

     Seulgi replied, "I am not fond of this kind of gatherings. I shouldn't be here in the first place." She stood on the seat of the swing. "Why is it so hot today!" She groaned. She took off her sandals and threw them onto the sand.

     Suelgi went down from the swing - her feet touching the cold sand - and went to the slide. Irene watched while the latter played - finding it amusing to see Seulgi in a playful state.

     Seulgi paused on top of the slide with her knees bent in a sitting position. "Can I just have a day without people thronging around me all the ing time?!" She said in a soft yet childish voice. Her voice may something you cannot take seriously, but the annoyance is there. 

     "I thought you love the attention?" Irene asked.

     Seulgi scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Hell ing no," She replied, "I never even liked the thought of being the angel of the school. They all pushed the damn image to me, I had to accept."

     "Why accept it when you can refuse?"

     "Because..." Seulgi paused. "I don't want the same event in my previous school to happen again."

     Irene couldn't say anything. She knows Seulgi is not being herself, and that the latter is rambling on her own - not realizing she lowered her guard down and spontaneously vented out her hidden frustrations and worry to Irene.

     "I'm afraid. I fear what people will think of me." Seulgi slides down. "In my previous school, they isolated me because I don't act like what they thought I should act. Some even called me names and talked behind my back because of my cherubic appearance but hellish attitude."

     "Is that the reason why you transferred to our school?" Irene asked.

     Seulgi nodded. "When everyone began to call me an angel, see me as an angel, I can no longer go back. If I show everyone the me that they don't like, they will treat me the same way people treat me in the past. I don't want that." She stood up and held onto the monkey bar loops. "I am no angel. I don't want anyone to see me like one. I just want them to see me like how you saw me."

     Curious, Irene asked, "Me? "

     Seulgi chuckled, "You saw me. That's why... I—" sghe mumbled the words which Irene didn't hear, "—you, Irene." She took her unfinished liqour bottle and walked away from the playground to the seashore.

     Of course, Irene followed her to make sure Seulgi won't do anything reckless - after all, Seulgi's brother is a protective type and will lose it if anything happens to his sister. Irene took the latter's sandals and pouch before walking behind her.

     The two walked - accompanied by the sound of waves crashing against the sand. 

     Irene knew Seulgi even before then. They went to the same school and she had her eyes on the latter - a puppy crush one would say. However, Irene transferred because of the café business; hence, she ended up in her current school. Knowing that she won't see Seulgi anymore, the feeling fade away. Miraculously, after a year, Seulgi transferred to the school and Irene reunited with her. This time, however, she saw a different kind of Seulgi - so different she assumed she'll never see the girl who caught her attention.

     When did I start liking this girl? Irene questioned herself. Oh. Right, back when Seulgi stood up for herself against the bullies back then. I don't know what happened next since I transferred but I heard the situation got worst. I thought my feelings disappeared, I guess it rekindled because of this damn deal. Now I am in trouble... I really like this girl.

     Seulgi turned her back to face Irene – walking backward. "I knew you're no delinquent. Because of the rumours, you were misunderstood. You're not bothered by what people think of you—you mind your own business because you know the truth that you are not a bad person. I admired you for that—because I can't deal with those kinds of things. I get bothered and controlled by the feeling to correct people's opinions about me. Unlike you, I am scared. I fear what other people will think of me the moment they knew about my flaws."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter