Coward

Polar Opposites: SeulRene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi is back in her cottage – fixing her luggage. She doesn't know what happened after meeting Yeri. Her heart is beating yet every beat it makes is painful. She wanted to scream. She wanted to release everything. The moment she heard those words from Yeri's mouth, the urge to run away was felt. Seulgi ran to her cabin, and out of impulse, she decided to leave the place.

     "I'm Irene's girlfriend." Yeri's voice echoed in Seulgi's head like a voice haunting her.

     Seulgi's hands stopped moving - panting and gasping for air. Then, tears dropped down her face to the surface of her hands. The pain and shock finally formed into tears and overflowed.

     Seulgi's heart ached - it felt like it was being squeezed dry and it doesn't seem it will stop. The pain was unbearable – it was hard for her to breathe. She clenched the surface of her dress – hoping, wishing, that it will ease the pain in her chest.

     There's only one thing on Seulgi's mind: she wants to run away.

     Seulgi went out of her cabin with her luggage - still crying. Wendy saw her and asked what was wrong, but the latter kept pushing her. Wendy couldn't tolerate her friend's rejection and forced the truth out of her.

     "I want to go home. Please I just want to go home right now." Seulgi sobbed. "I'll explain everything later just... please... I want to leave..."

     "Seulgi!" Irene came running. She saw the latter walk out of her cabin at the sight of her crying face so she decided to follow her to know what was wrong. Irene left Seulgi with Yeri for a moment, and now the latter is crying. 

     Seulgi's heart ached more with the sight of Irene. She faced Wendy and pleaded, "Wendy, please. I cannot meet with her. I'm sorry I really need to leave. Please... pretty please... I can't see Irene, I can't talk to her. Please! Let me go!" 

     Feeling confused yet sorry, Wendy let her friend go. Seulgi immediately ran - not wanting to talk with Irene, let alone see her face to face.

     However, Irene managed to catch up - grabbing Seulgi's hand. "Kang Seulgi!" Irene exclaimed. "Stop running away and tell me what happened? Why are you crying? Is something wrong?"

     With the shouting, people caught their attention.

     Seulgi clenched her fist. "Let go of me..." She begged. "Please let go of me. People are watching. I don't want to start a commotion."

     Irene furrowed her eyebrows. "Not until you tell me what's wrong." She held the latter's hands. "I don't like it when you cry."

     Seulgi lowered her head. She bit her lip. She doesn't know what to say – no, she knows what to say but she doesn't know where to start. She doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter