The Angel's Dog

Polar Opposites: SeulRene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A mild breeze swayed the plants and trees behind the main campus building.  It was a small forest-like area where wild plants and trees grow.

     After the incident, Irene skipped class for the first time and spent her period in her usual spot. She and her friends would spend time in the area and play cards (which is against the school rules). She had no idea why she did something unthinkable but she felt like she needed some time alone.

     A cat meowed which caught her attention. "I'm sorry, I don't have food with me. Well, I did have that tuna sandwich for you but I gave it to a student." Irene sat on the ground and leaned her back on the wall. "Don't worry, I will bring some tomorrow, okay?"

     It was always been like that – Irene spending her time at the back of the main building where no student goes (making it deserted, or at least unknown to others) just to have herself the time alone that she wanted – a time she can run away from the rumors, and the disgusted and anxious faces of those around her. Her only companions are nature and a stray cat she's been feeding every day.

     Irene looked up, her head resting on the wall. The clouds were ominous and somewhat grey, added with the mild breeze slowly turning cold, despite having the scorching sun expose itself high in the sky. "Kang Seulgi, huh? Seems like she's no angel." The cat meowed – staring at Irene. "Who am I to judge though? I don't even interact with her..."

     All of a sudden, Irene heard noises coming from the corner of the building. Curiosity bombarded her since no one ever thought about coming to the area. She thought maybe another group of delinquents decided to skip class, or maybe students might be doing something that is not suitable for their age.

     Irene stood up and walked towards the source. As she was about to reach the end, she immediately stopped and pressed her back on the wall the moment she heard a soft voice.

     "So why are we in this... place?" Irene heard Seulgi's voice. It was followed by the sound of a guy. "Oh about your letter. Right. I am so sorry for not coming yesterday for my reply I thought you will get the idea."

     "Oh, it's fine, Seulgi. So... your reply to my confession?"

     Irene peaked a bit to see them – Irene's back is against her view; however, she had a good look at the guy the latter's with. It was no other than the MVP Varsity player of the basketball club.

     Irene tried to suppress the urge to laugh, and subdue the secondhand embarrassment she is feeling. She encountered a stereotypical confession that she only saw in animes she watched. 

     "Are you... serious?" Seulgi spat, and the boy nodded his head. The young girl scoffed – showing a bit of annoyance. "Don't you get it? The reason why I didn't show up was my answer, and here I thought you will get the idea. I am rejecting you. I mean, don't I deserve the best and nothing but the best?" She added, sounding innocent and soft that one can easily disregard her words and will take them with a blind eye.

     "You're right, but at least please keep this letter of mine." The guy handed her a white envelope before he said his farewells with a sad look on his face.

     Irene was about to leave now when she found the commotion but what Seulgi did next surprised her.

     "Please keep this letter of mine, " Seilgi mimicked while crumpling the envelope. "As if I read love letters." She threw the paper on the ground and stepped on it. "To think I will experience a first-hand cringe-worthy confession. Disgusting! Who the does he think he is? Just because he is a star player he can go around do those cringe bull when I'm around? He can't even get hte memo that I am not intersterd! I had to say it out loud. What a fign idiot!"

     After Seulgi finished her tanrum, she turned her back and saw Irene - listening and watching her.

     Oh no! Irene cursed at herself.

     "I-Irene!" Seulgi stammered – smiling at the latter. Her expression slowly changed, "How long have you been there?"

     "I-I just got here..." Irene lied.

     Seulgi lowered her head and chuckled. "Did you see everything?" Her tone changed - threatening to be exact.

     "Maybe a bit?" Irene replied, "Y-You know what? I should probably go. I will pretend that I didn't see anything."She turned her back and was about to walk away when a sudden force pushed her to the wall with being shut by a slim hand.

     Seulgi blocked the latter's exit with her arms - covering the latter's mouth with her hand to avoid her from screaming.

     "I can't have you leave now, sweetheart," Seulgi asked while smiling; however, her smile wasn't the usual smile she always wears whenever she is facing the public – it was a bit taunting.

     "Take your hands off me," Irene said, trying to fight her hand off .

       Wow, she has the nerve. Isn't she afraid of me? Irene thought. This girl got some guts.

     "I know you are no delinquent, so your expressions and that piercing eyes of yours don't scare me at all. In fact, that truth is something that I can use against you—people knowing that you are  no  delinquent will r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter