In The Woods

Fate of the Winx Saga

"Where are we going, Joohyun?" Asked Jennie.

As soon as they finished packing their things, Joohyun and the rest of them went to Jennie's room. She can't leave without her cousin knowing how dangerous GG High School is right now. 

Joohyun knew she would need to explain a lot to Joohyun and knew it wouldn't be easy for Jennie to leave GG because Jisoo hesitated to leave since Lisa was staying. However, she cannot leave without trying. 

After all, Jennie is her cousin. She cannot leave her in a place where danger will come. 

"The Black Mamba will attack the school anytime, Jen. You guys are not safe here," said Joohyun.

"Lisa is here. I cannot leave her here!" Said Jisoo.

"You know how tight the bond between the specialist, Jisoo. Lisa probably wants you to leave too," said Wendy.

"I can't. Jennie, I'll stay," said Jisoo.

"No way! No way I'm leaving you and Rose here!"

While they are arguing, they can hear footsteps coming toward them and they are ready to fight but it's only Lisa with her worried face.

"What are you guys still doing here? Come on, let's go!"

"Lisa-ah!"

"I'm coming with you guys. Mr. Lee said at least one specialist should be with you guys and here," said Lisa as she gave Joohyun an envelope.

Joohyun received it and wondered who is it from. Before she could ask, Lisa said,

"It's from Miss Kim. She knew you were going to leave and she asked me to give this to you. I don't know what's inside since she specifically mentioned that only you can open it," said Lisa. 

What does Miss Kim want to tell her that no one else can know? Is there anything else she didn't tell her? Joohyun wondered. She can open it later. For now, she needs to get all of her friends to safety.

"Lead the way, Lis," said Joohyun. 

 

Once they are outside the building, it's dark already and they can still hear the specialist on the other side trying to fix the mess. Deep down, Lisa wishes all of their friends remain safe until she comes back. 

This is a dangerous mission said Mr. Lee to her but it has to happen. It's their destiny...the world's destiny depends on Joohyun and Seulgi. 

"This...is the way to the dark forest, Lis. Why are we going there?" Asked Jisoo. 

"We have to leave, leaving no trace of us. The Dark Forest is the first place we should go before disappear," said Lisa. 

"Disappear? Aren't we supposed to run away from the Black Mamba? Doesn't mean we need to...disappear!" Said Joy.

"Guys, please. For now, we need to leave the school. The longer we stay, the more in danger we are. Lisa has her explanation which we can dig into later. Now, let's go," said Joohyun.  

Once the leader said it, no one dared to deny her. As if her decision is absolute. For the first time in the last few days, Kang Seulgi didn't argue with her. 

She has been observing the situation. 

Lisa led the team to the Dark Forest, passing through the invisible border that protects the school from outsiders. One that could actually kill them alive. Fast. Scary and dangerous. 

Though Joohyun killed their enemies last year, doesn't mean they are safe. Still, there are a lot of monsters and evil hiding out there. Waiting for the right time to come out. 

Joohyun only wishes they can safely get out of the Dark Forest and she can take all her friends to safety. Before she...

"Is everyone out, yet?" Asked Lisa. 

No one answered but Lisa made sure that she checked all of them and that everyone was there. 

"I can't feel my power," said Seulgi. 

"No one can feel their power inside the Dark Forest," said Rose.

"Why is that?" Asked Seulgi.

"The Dark Forest preventing us from using our power. These trees are shielding us from the outside world. Therefore, no one could hunt us or even know we were inside the forest," said Yeri. 

"Our power will be back once we're out of the woods. Don't worry. This place is safe from fairies. But you may see weird creatures and that's when you should run," said Joy. 

Jisoo smirked when she saw how tense Kang Seulgi was. Obviously, Joy was trying to scare Seulgi off. The Dark Forest is the safest place for fairies because even the most powerful monster can't kill them here.

The trees have the power to shield themself from magic. However, fairies can't stay there too long because the longer they stay, the higher the chance they will lose their power.

It's like losing your ability after so long not being trained. 

"Need a lot of catch-ups, new girl. Come on, Lis," said Jisoo.

"We're going to camp here for the night since it's dark already and won't be safe for us outside the woods," said Lisa.

They all nodded and were ready to build the tent. Meanwhile, Joohyun stares at Jennie and as if Jennie understood her without Joohyun needing to say anything, she walks away from her group to somewhere quiet.

Joohyun followed after her, leaving her group which made them curious. However, they know it's not their place to ask anything further because they know Joohyun and Jennie have their own plates to discuss.

Seulgi could only observe from afar and help her friends build their tent.

 

"Are the girls safe?" Asked Mr. Lee.

"They're safe," said Taeyeon with a sigh of relief. 

Outside the school, they are more in danger than they thought. But the longer they stay, the faster they'll die. She could only pray and watch them from here.

Be safe girls.

 

Once they were far away enough from the campsite, Jennie pulled Joohyun for a hug. Joohyun was a bit stunned by Jennie's behavior but in the end, she hugged the girl too. 

Perhaps all of these are too hard for Jennie. How would you react when you know someone with great power is after your cousin? And that even if you have power, your power is useless to protect your loved one.

Since they were a child, Jennie only had one job and that was to protect Joohyun, no matter what. Even though she knows Joohyun's power is stronger than hers, as someone who lives longer in Kwangya, she must protect Joohyun from the danger that has been haunting Joohyun's family before she was born.

"I was supposed to protect you, Hyun," said Jennie who earned a sigh from Joohyun.

"It was never your job, Jennie," said Joohyun.

Jennie pulled herself away and her eyes stared at Joohyun. 

"Kang Seulgi. Do you think she's a treat?" 

No. Never once did Joohyun think that Kang Seulgi is a treat. She's a girl Joohyun needs to protect and she's also the key to save Kwangya. 

"She's the key to saving Kwangya, Jennie," said Joohyun.

"How do you know?"

Joohyun just smiled. Leaving Jennie with more questions which for now, Joohyun can't give her the answer. 

"You should go back, Jennie. Take some rest," said Jennie.

"Hyun"

"I'll be alright, Jen. I just need time alone, okay?" 

Knowing Joohyun since they were a child, Jennie always knew when Joohyun was lying to her. Maybe she could lie to others but not to Jennie. However, somehow Jennie didn't want to push Joohyun this time.  

Seems like she has a lot of things to think about. Therefore, she just nodded and left Joohyun alone as the latter wished. 

Joohyun stayed. She has a lot of things to think about but for now, she wanted to read the letter Ms. Kim gave her. She opened the envelope Lisa had given her earlier and read the message.

What she read left her speechless. 

 

"It was scary. We found a few dead bodies lying on the ground. Burn," said Lisa as she shared what she witnessed inside Tower B. 

After they built their tent, they gathered around the campfire which Lisa made from sticks and rock. They listened to Lisa's story and still could not believe that the Black Mamba was alive. 

Who would have thought a fairytale would become a reality? Think about it more, they are actually dangering themselves by coming to that school. But who would have known?

Miss Kim and everyone else has been keeping it a secret. 

"I couldn't believe it," said Yeri.

"None of us believe it, Yeri. That is not a school. It's a ing prison! That's probably why I never felt like home there," said Sooyoung. 

Some of them nodded and agreed with what Sooyoung said. A year has passed since their first time at GG High School. They went through a lot as a freshman.

Starting with the burned one invading the school, the Black Mamba escaped. Who would have thought their high school year was full of danger instead of adventure?

"Then...what history has been telling us"

"Is a lie," said Jennie.

"Then...what should we do next?" Asked Rose worried.

None of them answered because no one knew the answer. More like they are actually afraid of what's coming. They are not trained to use their power to defend themself but to get to know their power and embrace it.

Battle training is only for the specialists since they usually are the ones who are sent first to the battlefield. Fairies are there to help the specialists. Protect them from any magic harm. Not to fight. Something that Joohyun didn't agree with after she witnessed and joined the battle herself.

"Mr. Lee has instructed me to bring us to F(x) village tomorrow morning. They are expecting us there and we'll be safe for a while," said Lisa. 

"They are a legend, right?" Asked Yeri could not believe what she just heard.

"Yes. It's true that they are the most respectful knights other than NCT 127 and are also known for their solidarity among each member," Lisa explained.

"They fought along with NCT 127 for every battle in the past. However..." Before Jisoo could explain more, Joohyun continued telling everybody about her present.

"One of the members was killed during one of their battles. Since then, they hide themselves from the world and promise to help heal the wounded world," Joohyun ended the explaination and joined the others around the campfire. 

"They are very strict about visitors. Not many people were able to visit them," Lisa continued to avoid the tense situation around the campfire.

"So...we are chosen?" Asked Seulgi who had been quiet since their arrival in the woods.

Lisa nodded.

"Once we arrive there, what are we going to do next?" Asked Yeri.

None of them speak because the answer remains unknown. They could only rely on faith. Meanwhile, Joohyun remains quiet and sighs heavily before she gets up. 

"You'll be alright. Let's get some rest. We have a long way to go tomorrow," said Joohyun.

Due to a tiring day, they decided to get some rest though there were questions that remained unanswered perhaps tomorrow answers will come by. What they do not know is that Joohyun has the answer to everything and she is bound to keep the secrets for herself only.