Missing Puzzle

Fate of the Winx Saga

"Please take a sit," said Miss Kim. 

Two days in a row, she's sitting in this room across from the headmistress who seems to be having a lot of trouble lately. Well, Seulgi doesn't know anything about it.

But she has a guess and ears to hear. People have been talking and she couldn't comprehend any of it. She could only speculate that this place, Kwangya, GG High School...are both in danger.

Just like what Jisoo told her earlier. Bae Joohyun is anxious and everybody had witnessed what was going on in the stone circle. Joohyun's power is gone...Perhaps that's what people assuming right now.

Is it true? Seulgi is not sure.

"How are you doing, Seulgi? Adapt well to the new environment?" asked Taeyeon. 

"What do you expect me? I'm just here for two days and all of these are still new to me."

"I know you will try your best to adapt here. I bet you will like it here the more you dig deep into our culture," said Taeyeon with a smile on her face. 

It is already weird enough for Seulgi when Taeyeon asked to meet her. All she could think of is the reason why she is here is because of what happened earlier in the stone circle. 

She wants to know what happened.

"What was that all about in the stone circle?" Asked Seulgi. 

"Like any ordinary day, Seulgi. Some lose their power and get it back. It's normal for fairies like us," said Miss Kim calmly. Seulgi had to tilt her head with the calm answer from Miss Kim as if she had expected what happened earlier. 

"What do you mean normal?" Asked Seulgi. 

The headmistress leaned back in her chair before she speak.

"The first time Bae Joohyun came to this school, she was clueless about her destiny. Confuse about what she should do with her power. That's what made her special. Turns out her power is not like any of us. It's unlikely for Joohyun to lose her power because she has dragon flame. It will always spark within herself for eternity"

"Now that Bae Joohyun has no power, is it true that we are in danger?"

"She's not like any of us. That goes the same for you," said Miss Kim. 

Miss Kim looked so calm even in a situation where most people would panic. It does not make sense for Seulgi. It is hard for her to digest the whole situation when she just came here.

A lot of things happen in just two days and yet, she doesn't know what her presence is doing in this place. 

"What about me?" Miss Kim as she gets up from her chair and went to her bookshelf which is right behind her. 

"Blue fire rarely exists. We heard many times about it but never once did anyone in Kwangya witness it. You do notice your friends were talking about you because of your power."

Miss Kim grabbed a book from the bookshelf and get back to her chair. She opens the book, page after page until she stops. 

"Based on history, only one person ever possessed the power of blue fire," said Miss Kim.

"My parent?" Taeyeon glanced at the girl and shook her head. 

"I'm not sure. I don't know everything," said Taeyeon before she close her book.

"What happened today will be remembered in history. You are the first person to ever possessed the power of blue fire after a thousand years. Things will go South as I may say and you should buckle yourself up for that," said Taeyeon.

"You have to help me with that. My parent. I need to find my biological parent," said Seulgi. 

"And I will. You have my word," said Taeyeon. 

Seulgi gave her a smile. Forced before she gets up and ready to leave before Taeyeon said,

"I think it is best for you to practice your power with Joohyun. She could be a good teacher," said Taeyeon.

Hell no, thought Seulgi. 

 

"Joohyun unnie! Joohyun unnie!" 

The door to their captain's room opened. Reveal the young girl with chubby cheeks staring at the three people standing in front of Joohyun's room. 

"What is it, Yeri?" asked Jennie.

"Jennie unnie. You should have seen what happened in the stone circle!" Said Yeri.

"What? What happened?"

"Seulgi unnie is blue fire," said Sooyoung casually as she take a sit on the sofa in the living room of their suit. 

"What? Joohyun are you hearing this?" asked Jennie. 

The main star reveals herself, standing behind Jennie with her poker face. She looks like a walking zombie. It was just one hour different since the last time they saw her.

But Joohyun seems to be having some trouble.

"Unnie...are you okay?" Asked Wendy concerned. 

"Blue fire you said?" asked Joohyun.

Wendy and Yeri nodded at the same time. They seem very nervous. 

Joohyun sigh. She heard about the blue fire before.

According to history, only one person possessed the power of blue fire. It was found far away back in the past.

 

It was the most powerful magic in the whole world but everybody believes it has extinct because the Black Mamba killed the only person who has it and absorb the power of blue fire.

 

The Black Mamba played a dirty game back then. She killed the ancient power which made her the last person to have it. 

 

Meanwhile, the dragon flame was the second most powerful ancient magic back then. It was able to kill the Black Mamba based on the story which Joohyun just read about it in Taeyeon’s office.

 

Joohyun wasn’t able to know how the dragon flame killed the Black Mamba. The book didn’t say anything about it because she just found out about that through her mother's diary which she found during her mission on searching for her parent a year ago. 

 

Based on that diary, her mother confirms that the Black Mamba possessed the blue fire after killing the only person who has it. The question is, how did the Black Mamba kill the most powerful person in the world back then? 

 

That is still something both she and Taeyeon cannot find the answers to yet. 

 

In that case, if Seulgi has the blue fire it means she’s the most powerful fairy in Kwangya now. Just like science, the blue fire is the hottest compared to the red fire.

 

Which only means one thing. 

 

“She could kill me,” said Joohyun didn’t notice she say it out loud.

 

“What are you saying, unnie? Seulgi is not a killer,” said Wendy.

 

“That’s the fact, Wendy. Right now she’s the most powerful fairy in Kwangya,” said Joohyun.

 

“And what about you?” Asked Jennie.

 

Joohyun doesn’t have the answer to that question because although she has the dragon flame, her power is too weak.

 

Which makes no sense to her at all because how did the dragon flame able to kill the Black Mamba when she had the blue fire?

 

She has to check something. 

 

“Unnie, where are you going?” Asked Yeri when she saw Joohyun going out of her suit.

 

“She’s unpredictable,” said Joy.

 

“Joohyun has been dealing with a lot of things as you guys know,” said Jennie.

 

“We know but we wish she could be more open to us, Jen,” said Wendy. 

 

Jennie could only sigh because she agree with Wendy. Sometimes, Joohyun can be very mysterious and she has been holding everything to herself.

 

She carries the burden alone and Jennie is worried. 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon may say she doesn’t know anything but she always has a theory for everything. Most of it ends up real and Joohyun must find out what is the headmistress thinking.

 

She has her theory after what she read about the Black Mamba. However, her heart refuses to accept it. Previously she doesn’t have time to confirm it with Taeyeon due to the class.

 

But now, she can ask whatever she wants and potentially reveal the missing pieces of her life stories. 

 

She opens the door to Taeyeon’s office and there she could see Sunnysamem sitting at her usual desk. The headmistress's secretary and her partner in crime.

 

“She’s not available, Joohyun”

 

“I don’t care,” said Joohyun as she climb the stairs to Taeyeon’s office.

 

When Sunny was about to hold her off, the door to Taeyeon’s office opened. Revealing the monolid eye girl who seems to be busy with her mind.

 

Their eyes look empty but her eyes stare straight at Bae Joohyun. She looks as if she had witnessed something she shouldn’t have. 

 

Joohyun didn’t say anything. Silence is what remains between them even after Seulgi walks past her. Leaving the Kwangya’s hero confused.

 

She barged herself in. Didn’t care about Sunny anymore.

 

“What just happened?” Asked Joohyun.

 

“None of your concern, Joohyun. We just had a chat,” said Taeyeon calmly.

 

“Everything that is happening in Kwangya is my concern, Miss Kim. She left with a poker face!” said Joohyun firmly.

 

Technically, Joohyun isn’t entirely wrong. Well, the whole world depends life on her. It makes sense if she must know everything.

 

It is the only way for Joohyun to save this world. To save herself and find her parents.

 

Without waiting for Taeyeon’s invitation, Joohyun sits on the chair with a leg across each other and eyes stare at the headmistress coldly.

 

She better chooses the right decision, said Joohyun to herself.

 

“Perhaps you should ask yourself that question, Joohyun.”

 

"What? what did you tell to the new girl?"

 

“That I will help her find her biological parent and that she should seek guidance from you”

 

Joohyun glares at Taeyeon.

 

"Are you trying to kill me? You do know she possessed the blue fire and we both know right now she is the most powerful fairy in Kwangya. You expect me to be her teacher when I don't have any power left?" asked Joohyun. 

 

“It is possible she is related to the Black Mamba,” said Taeyeon carelessly. 

 

Joohyun is trying to make the puzzle and it only rings to her not too long afterward. 

 

“You want me to keep an eye on her,” said Joohyun, and Taeyeon nodded.

 

But the problem is, are they really sure what happened at EXO was really the Black Mamba's doing? Joohyun admitted she met with the Black Mamba but was it real? Or it was just someone who was trying to play with her mind?

 

"Are we really sure, a 100% sure that the Black Mamba is back?"  

 

“The citizen of Kwangya, the senior, would probably notice what happened recently. They would have known it was the Black Mamba's doing," said Taeyeon. 

 

“You and I both know there is a gap in the story about the Black Mamba. There is something history didn't tell us and your mother managed to write it in her diary but it was incomplete. We must find the missing pieces of the story,” said Taeyeon.

 

“But you do have a theory, right?”

 

Working with Taeyeon has allowed her to understand the headmistress more than anybody else. She knows that although Taeyeon may not know the answer to everything usually her speculations are correct. As if she can predict the future.

 

Joohyun never second guesses Taeyeon’s theory after last year's event when she told her that her parents are still alive.

 

Because months after she defeated the burned ones and the blood witches, she had this vision.

 

A vision of her parents back in the past. Hugging her in their warm and safe hug. It was before they went panic because of the sudden fire from outside their house.

 

This leaves Joohyun with tears and she was begging to reach for her parents only to wake up and realize it was all her dream. But that dream…felt so real because, at the end of that dream, her parents left her a message.

 

Find us 

 

That’s why Joohyun is dying to search for her parents.

 

“I do. But I can’t say it now”

 

“No. I want to know now! What happened a thousand years ago? What happened to my mom? How did the dragon flame able to defeat the Black Mamba when she had the blue fire? Why the new girl has the blue fire? Who is she?” Asked Joohyun blurting out every single question she has.

 

Taeyeon sigh.

 

"There is a possibility that your mother and the Black Mamba didn't fight. Also, Kang Seulgi possibly is the Black Mamba descendant"

 

“What?"

 

"Think about it. History clearly is hiding something. Why has history told us the Black Mamba is dead when the truth is that she has the Blue fire and was able to kill your mother? Why did they write that your mother was the one who killed her?" 

 

"They are hiding what really happened during the Great Battle," said Joohyun and Taeyeon nodded. 

 

"That means there is more than what we have discovered. There is a possibility that the Black Mamba did absorb the power of blue fire and killed the person who own it and it is also possible that..."

 

"My mother is dead," said Joohyun completing Taeyeon's sentence. 

 

Joohyun clenches her jaw.

 

"And to protect Kwangya from chaos, history hides the truth," said Taeyeon.

 

"But if she killed my mom then...how can Kwangya still exist?"

 

Taeyeon nodded before she gets up and stand behind the window in her office room. After all this long, having to believe that Kwangya is finally safe from evil, the truth is they are never safe.

 

"I don't know. Therefore, it is our job to find out the missing puzzle of history," said Taeyeon.

 

The more she knows, the more dangerous the situation she's in.