Chapter 6

YES, NO, MAYBE [ Jeongmo | Sachaeng ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The company's meeting room

Jeongyeon was standing in front of the LCD projector's screen. All the department coordinators' eyes were glued to him anticipating the announcement of the important news.

"First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their hard work, yesterday I received an important phone call our company is chosen to plan and coordinate all the details of the two days concerts of the Korean group Monsta X"

Jeongyeon said as a photo of the group popped on behind him. His speech was cut off by the employees' cheers and gasps by this big opportunity, but Momo's reaction caught his attention the most as she blushed and kept staring at the group's photo behind Jeongyeon.

"Woah" she smiled and looked at Sana happily who smiled back at her excited best friend. Jeongyeon smiled shyly before he looked back intensely at his workers making them shush. Oblivious that Chaeyoung smirked at his friend's reaction. No one knows Jeongyeon as much as Chaeyoung and that smile was enough for him to understand that Jeongyeon is having a crush on Momo.

"It's a big opportunity for us. I won't allow any mistakes or negligence at work" he ordered as Soojin gave a file for each one of them "I wrote down all the information I received today such as the tracklist and attendance numbers. Taehyung and Chanyeol it's your duty to search for a venue with a marvelous sound system" the two fist-bumped and nodded at their boss's orders "Tzuyu, you can announce the news on our social media platforms right now. Everyone, please head to your cubicles and start working while I discuss the concert's expenses with Momo. I am looking forward to an outstanding concert"

Everyone got up and headed to their desks while Chaeyoung stood beside his friend "don't crush on her too much my buddy" he whispered while patting on his friend's chest and Jeongyeon looked confusingly at him "Momo" Chaeyoung mouthed and winked before he left the meeting room. Jeongyeon cleared his throat and nervously grabbed the blue file.

Momo was busy reading and writing down some notes when Jeongyeon sat beside her "For a complete concert stage setup, you can expect to spend anywhere between $500 and $5000. The cost of a concert stage will vary depending on if you're planning to rent or buy the stage, how large you want that stage to be, and what kind of accessories you'll need like sound and lights. But we are talking about Monsta X so overall it will cost us more than $40,000" Momo stated.

"Their company is willing to pay this amount, your calculations are correct" he smiled while looking at her "you are a fan of them I assume?"

Momo nodded excitedly "I never thought that I will be able to work for them. I hope I can meet them on the concert day"

Jeongyeon hummed "We will do our best" he patted her back and got up "I am waiting for the official reports so I can send them to their company"

"Okay, sir" Momo smiled shyly while watching him head to his office.

Meanwhile...

Chaeyoung was in the company's kitchen, he was humming a random song when Sana entered and proceeded on making her coffee "so, are you too a fan of Monsta x? Everyone is excited to meet them on the concert day" he asked excitedly.

"I don't listen to music, I don't know them" she replied while pouring coffee into her cup "now excuse me I have work," she said before she head back to her desk.

"Why so cold?" he asked before he winced in pain while touching the back of his head. He rushed to his office and took a painkiller. He groaned in pain and looked at his watch "time to go and rest Chaeyoung-ah" he said as he got up.

 

Son's household

Chaeyoung came back home earlier than usual. He headed to his bedroom and lay on the bed, Nabi followed her son "Are you okay?" she asked while checking his temperature "shall I call the doctor?" she panicked.

"Mom headaches are very normal" he chuckled while sitting down "I am taking my medicines regularly and doing check-ups every six months"

"I am worried" she explained while sitting next to him "I am afraid that one day-"

"It's okay" he cut her off while holding her hand, he looked at his mother softly while smiling. Chaeyoung was a loveable person and everyone can sense that around him. Nabi was about to cry but her son's happy sparkling eyes made her smile "I won over cancer once and I will win over it if it came back. I am fine"

Nabi nodded and kissed her son's cheek "sleep and rest now, okay?" He nodded and grabbed his phone "day 298 without leukemia" he wrote on his note, a smile formed on his face when he read a message sent by Jeongyeon telling him to rest "what I would've done without you my brother?" he sighed before he slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~
Next day

To say that everyone was busy and working hard was an understatement. Until a  black Cadillac parked in front of the building. Yugyeom came out of it, he disgustingly entered the company followed by three bodyguards. Yugyeom was wearing a black suit, he brushed back his hair and fixed his jacket while heading upstairs. Soojin witnessed their presence from the CCTV screen and headed to Jeongyeon's office in no time. Everyone's eyes were glued to the men's big entrance. Momo and Sana exchanged stares, they remembered Jeongyeon and his father's encounter last time and it wasn't the best meeting and they knew that his guy was no different. Jeongyeon was working on his computer when Soojin entered, she was anxious and Jeongyeon knows it "sir" she yelped.

"What's wrong?" he asked firmly.

"Your younger brother came to visit you," said Yugyeom as he entered the office "I would like to have some coffee from these beautiful hands Soojin" he flirtly asked while staring lustfully at the shocked secretary from head to toe.

"Unfortunately we are running out of coffee today and please leave us alone Soojin" Jengyeon added and nodded to Soojin who left and rushed to Chaeyoung's office "his brother is here"

"" he cursed while getting up but Soojin stopped him.

"He asked me to leave them alone. Their meetings always end up with a fight I am very worried" Soojin fretted.

"Nothing will happen, don't worry" Chaeyoung comforted her, he left his office and looked at his friend's office. The three bodyguards glared at him as they guarded the door. 

"What do you think will happen? Why are they here?" Momo asked Chaeyoung.

"It's his brother, they don't talk that much, and their relationship is a bit complicated. I know he has a purpose for his visit"

Momo watched Chaeyoung's worried expression before she looked at the three bodyguards anxiously.

Jeongyeon, on the other hand, was staring at his brother fiercely "it's been a long time since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter