Chapter 5

YES, NO, MAYBE [ Jeongmo | Sachaeng ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days passed...

Chaeyoung was writing a report as he sat behind Jeongyeon's desk. Replacing him isn't as easy as he thought. He blew air from his mouth and sat back "this is so hard, how do people manage big companies?" he talked to himself. A few knocks on the door cut his thoughts off, Momo came in smiling "it's my lunch break so I wanted to inform you that I will go for an hour"

"I am a bit hungry too, do you mind if I joined you?"

Momo was taken aback, she nodded excitedly and he got up immediately "let's go then"

"Sana didn't want to go with me but I am craving natto avocado" Momo explained as she followed Chaeyoung to his car.

"I love it too! I rarely find anyone who likes it!" Chayeoung was impressed as he revved up the engine. The two arrived at the nearby restaurant and ordered different plates so they can share food.

"Is working in the Korean branch different from the Japense one?" Chaeyoung asked. He smiled softly at Momo who did the same.

"Yeah, working here is more fun and casual. In Japan, we work as if we are robots. We like couldn't have this" she said pointing at them.

"Yeah I understand" he nodded "I and Jeongyeon started from the bottom with this company. We had a different company at first but then we merged it with 'Two be wed' and we managed to become successful. We are aiming to be the number one events planner company" he explained happily.

"From the team's hard work we can manage to be on the top" she smiled shyly "The company made many profits in the last three years but I noticed that you were missing for a while? I didn't find your name in many old reports or meetings"

Chaeyoung's shoulders tensed and he sat back, he smiled at the waiter who put the plates in front of them "yeah I wasn't present for a few years for a personal reason" he cleared his throat "anyway let's enjoy our food"

The lunch break passed faster than the two expected. They rushed to the company as they stayed more than an hour at the restaurant.

Meanwhile...

Sana was discussing the stock's products with Namjoon in the meeting room when Dahyun interrupted them "I am sorry for interrupting you but I need to talk to you"

Sana removed her glasses and looked at Dahyun from head to toe "can't you see that I have a private meeting with Namjoon at the moment?"

"I've been waiting to talk to you for hours. I just wanted to give you this" Dahyun handed Sana a letter with both hands. Sana snatched the letter and opened it.

'Dear [Minatozaki Sana],

There are already 2 years that I have been working for this organization as an IT manager. I was always loyal and dedicated to 'Two be wed'. All the assignments and projects I was handling were submitted on time without any delays. You probably know that I get low payments and asked for a salary increment last year. I attempted to ask for the salary increments but I did not get a reply from you.

The reason that I am asking for a raise in my salary is that my current payment is too low for covering the expenses of my family. Recently I have received a job offer from SONY technologies and the salary is relatively higher. However, I am dedicated to our company; therefore, I decided to write you this letter once more.

Kindly ask you to consider my request.

Sincerely,

[Kim Dahyun]'

Sana read silently. She folded the paper and put it on the table, her gaze on Dahyun was cold and penetrating "so you think you are qualified for this raise?"

Dahyun nodded confidently "I've been working really hard in the last few weeks"

Sana hummed and sat back, she folded her arms up to her chest "and what about all the mistakes you make? I remember that you couldn't fix Irene's computer that day?"

"I-"

"That means you are not qualified enough!" Sana cut her off "now go back and study more. Your request is declined," she said as she put back her glasses and continued talking to Namjoon as if Dahyun wasn't there. The latter grabbed her letter and rushed to the kitchen where Irene followed her. Dahyun couldn't help but cry as she sat on the chair. Irene knelt in front of her and handed her a tissue.

"What happened?"

"She refused to give me a raise. She should have also given the paper to Jeongyeon or Chaeyoung but she took the decision! She is so harsh" Daheyun explained between sobs.

Simultaneously, Chaeyoung entered the kitchen holding his red cup "Dahyun? Are you crying? What's wrong?" he asked softly while patting her back.

"She asked Sana for a raise but she got scolded and rejected" Irene explained which caused Dahyun to cry more.

Chaeyoung frowned and nodded "I will talk to Sana and see what I can do"

He headed back to his own office and called Sana who came in no time and stood in front of him confidently "may I know why you refused to give Dahyun a raise?" he asked.

"In my opinion, I think she isn't qualified enough yet. She is doing a good job but she can do better I want to give her some motivation. She also makes some mistakes and isn't educated enough"

Chaeyoung hummed "I respect your opinion and that you are t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter