Chapter 1

YES, NO, MAYBE [ Jeongmo | Sachaeng ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moving to another country wasn't as easy as Momo thought. The Twenty-nine years old grew up in Kyoto. Her love for k-pop made her learn the Korean language fast. It was easy for her. She graduated a few years ago with her best friend Sana and as destiny didn't want to separate them they worked at the same company. The two studied business with finance and human resources concentration.

The main reason for them to move to Seoul is to work in the Korean branch of the 'Two be wed' events and weddings planner company. It's been a week since they moved to their new apartment.

Momo exhaled as she was done tidying up her bedroom. Sana came into the room and clapped her hands "finally we are done" she said wrapping her arm around Momo's neck "now, shall we eat noodles as a celebration?" Momo cheered as a yes "but we don't have any"

The latter's smile faded and she rolled her eyes "let's play rock, scissors, paper. The one who loses will go and buy some ramen"

"Deal" Sana smirked. The two played this game many times. Sana knows her best friend very well, she knows that she will choose paper first which means Sana will choose scissors. And indeed Momo chose paper. Sana cheered and gave her friend some money and her jacket "don't be late, I am starving"

Momo rolled her eyes and headed outside the apartment. She walked to the grocery store a few blocks away from their house. She smiled at the bored cashier who put the three ramen packs in the bag.

What Momo didn't notice is a guy waiting for her outside the shop from the moment she entered. He was drunk and old. He stared at the girl from head to toe lustfully as she headed outside and slowly walked while using her phone, enjoying the cool breeze of fall. Not so much passed and Momo noticed his presence, she stole some glances and he was walking closer every second.

Until a medium height stranger walked toward Momo, probably heading to the same store. Momo trusted her guts and held into this stranger.

"Sir, please help me," she said holding into the stranger's black jacket "I guess the guy behind me is following me, pretend that you know so he can leave"

The stranger was wearing a black hoodie and mask. He held Momo's shaking hand and looked at the guy who was smoking a cigarette while rubbing his from time to time. The stranger didn't hesitate to pull Momo toward his body and hug the shorter. The arms were wrapped around Momo's neck while his hand patted the back of Momo's. His eyes intensely glared at the ert guy.

"Let's go, we need to lose him so he won't follow you again," he said holding Momo's hand and they walked to a black Kia Picanto.

Momo sat in the passenger seat. She was stealing glances at the stranger next to her who pulled down the hoodie's cap and removed the mask. Momo's lips parted, and he ran his fingers in his short blonde hair. She was shocked by the beauty in front of her "where do you live?" he asked staring at Momo with a serious frown.

"I live in that building," Momo said pointing at her house.

"That guy is still here," said the stranger while starting the car, "I will drive around to lose him so he won't know where you live."

Momo hummed obediently "thank you for helping me, mister-?" she muted a bit waiting for him to say his name but he hummed and kept his eyes focused on the road.

After making sure the guy is no longer around, the stranger parked the car in front of Momo's house and the latter bowed humbly "thank you so much"

"Be careful and don't walk around late at night. It's dangerous" the stranger smiled as Momo left the car. Momo to the building's main gate the mysterious guy was still waiting for her making sure she is home.

"I was worried. What took you so long?" Sana frowned as Momo entered the apartment. Momo took off her jacket and shoes before proceeding on telling her what happened.

"I won't ever send you alone at this time, I am sorry," Sana said hugging her friend. The two were in the kitchen making ramen "but thanks to that stranger, he helped you"

Momo nodded "he didn't say his name though, I wanted to thank him properly" she pouted.

"It's okay" Sana smiled while pouring water into the pot "think of it as a man of a goodwill"

Momo hummed and looked at Sana's eyes "by the way, you were crying?"

The latter nodded "I was talking to him. I miss him so much" she said in a brittle voice "I don't know how I will handle those few months without him"

Momo caressed her friend's back and smiled softly "it's okay. You can video-call him every day" she sighed "anyway, I am excited to go to work tomorrow! I wonder what working with Koreans is like! What were their names?"

"Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung," Sana said placing two soup plates on the table "let's hope they are kind and not very strict"

Momo nodded in agreement as the two enjoyed their dinner.

~~

Next-day - Morning

A red Kia Picanto parked in front of 'Two be wed' company next to a few other cars. A short guy came out while whistling a random song. He was wearing jeans and a white shirt while carrying his laptop bag.

"Good morning" he smiled at every employee in the company while he headed to the second floor using the stairs.

"Sir!" a guy called from behind making him roll her eyes "the couple I told you about will come at ten"

The short guy sighed and rubbed his forehead "Baekhyun, what time is it?" he a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter