Chapter 4

YES, NO, MAYBE [ Jeongmo | Sachaeng ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jeongyeon got shot?" worried Chaeyoung replied as he already head to his car "don't give him anesthesia, I am on my way"

"Okay, can you tell Sana?" Chaeyoung hummed and revved up the engine while Momo cried as she watched the paramedics put him on the wheeled stretcher. She sat beside him in the ambulance "is it dangerous?" she asked. Jeongyeon wasn't conscious.

"The bullet isn't deep don't worry" replied the paramedic while placing an oxygen mask on his nose. Momo looked at him before she held his hand "how did the accident happen?"

"Someone shot at us but he pushed me away and protected me"

"Well, guess he loves you so much" the girl paramedic smiled.

"No, he is my boss. We are colleagues"

"Oh, sorry" the girl replied.

In no time the two arrived at the hospital and Jeongyeon was rushed to the ER. They laid Jeongyeon on the bed as he was slowly getting awake "he told me he has an allergy to anesthesia" Momo said between sobs. The doctor patted her shoulder.

"Yeah, I know him. We will take care of him don't worry" the doctor checked on Jeongyeon and sighed "I am sorry this is going to hurt" he looked at Momo "ma'am can you wait outside?"

Momo shook her head "I want to be by his side, please"

Meanwhile...

Chaeyoung rang the bell and he exhaled while waiting for Sana to open the door for him "you took a lot of time-" she froze when she saw Chaeyoung standing in front of her "Chaeyoung?"

"I want you to stay calm, I still don't know what happened but Jeongyeon got shot and Momo was with him" he stated.

"How is Momo?" Sana panicked "did something happen to her?"

Chayeoung shook his head as a no "From what I know Jeongyeon is injured. I came to take you to the hospital with me as Momo said"

Sana nodded, she wore her shoes and grabbed her phone and keys before following Chaeyoung to his car.

Hospital

The doctor ripped Jeongyeon's white shirt as Jeongyeon's screams echoed in the room while the doctor tried to remove the bullet, as much as he tried to surpass it the pain was unbearable for him. Momo watched him with tears in her eyes before she dared to come closer to him. She held his face and made him look at her. Jeongyeon's body was drained he rested his head on Momo's chest and the latter froze "it's okay" she whispered.

Jeongyeon gritted his teeth while gripping the mattress's sheet "I am almost done" the doctor comforted.

Simultaneously, Chaeyoung entered followed by Sana. They froze at Jeongyeon who was worn out. Chaeyoung approached him and Momo stepped back "hey buddy, I am here," he said as he replaced Momo with a side hug. Jeongyeon held his hand and squeezed it hard as the doctor sutured the wound. Sana and Momo watched them with teary eyes, their friendship is something you could envy and Jeongyeon finally fell asleep before he was transferred to his room.

Two police officers approached Momo and asked her a few questions while Sana and Chaeyoung waited in his room, he was standing by the window, looking out with his clouded mind and thoughts. Sana offered Chaeyoung a cup of water and he gladly accepted it.

"Who do you think did it?" she asked.

"Of course it's Sonjae" he replied with a frown "he is such a ing "

Jeongyeon groaned making his friend rush to him "get up you lazy bastard" Chaeyoung joked "I will call the doctor to check up on you"

After a few minutes, Jeongyeon was finally awake. He sat down on the bed with the arm sling around his shoulder. Sana and Momo were awkwardly sitting on the couch while Chaeyoung was pouring water to Jeongyen "did the police come?" he asked.

"Yeah, they talked to me too" Momo replied, "I told them how it happened and they asked me if I saw the shooter but they were wearing helmets I couldn't remember the motorcycle's number too"

"You will tell them that Sonjae is the only suspect, right?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Of course no"

Chaeyoung stopped mid-way and stared at his friend confusingly "what do you mean with no. You have no enemies! He obviously threatened you in front of us today. He sent his men to shoot at you" he pointed out.

"I am not strong enough to start a war with a person like him. He is a mafia boss. How am I supposed to fight him? I won't put my employees in danger! What if Momo got shot instead of me today?" he fired back before groaning in pain.

"So you won't say anything and just give up easily?"

"I will say that they tried to rob me or something"

Chaeyoung was about to continue the argument when the room's door swung open, Gaeul entered the room with frowned eyebrows.

"When will you stop disappointing and embarrassing our family?" he scolded. Ignoring the fact that his own son got shot a few hours ago and the presence of Chaeyoung, Sana, and Momo who were frightened by his aura and loud voice. Jeongyeon lowered his head in shame. "Sonjae terminated the contract with us because of you! We lost thousands of dollars because of you"

"It's not my problem that he is a harasser! I wanted to protect my own company and employees and that's what matters to me!"

"YOUR STUPID COMPANY AND EMPLOYEES CAN GO TO HELL!" he hollered making the girls flinch.

Jeongyeon was speechless, he yelped and did his best to hold back his tears "I won't sue him, other than that I don't know what you can do about your contract with him, maybe you can fix it or find a solu-"

"Enough!" he cut him off "don't interfere with us next time, understood?"

"Understood" Jeongyeon can barely speak while looking at this father who left angirly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter