Chapter 13

YES, NO, MAYBE [ Jeongmo | Sachaeng ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Awkwardness.

The word that describes the four's life. After Chaeyoung's confession Sana finds it hard to be normal around him. At the moment, she just arrived in front of Chaeyoung's parents' building while carrying Asahi. She noticed Chaeyoung's car in the parking lot wondering why he didn't leave yet. She rang the bell and waited for a few seconds before Nabi opened the door. Asahi is used to her now, he threw himself to her knowing that it's time for his mother to leave.

Nabi kissed Asahi and left him on the ground where he headed to the living room, he knows every corner of the house now.

"Chaeyoung won't go to work today" Nabi said sadly "but Jaerim can drive you-"

"No no it's okay, the company isn't far from here. But" Sana muted a bit because she hated how she got worried about Chaeyoung. "What's wrong with Chaeyoung?"

"He has a fever"

"Oh, send him my greetings"

"Sure" Nabi smiled while Sana left.

The day passed longer than usual, doing interviews for Namjoon's replacement and doing meetings with Jeongyeon. Sana was exhausted. It was five o'clock when she headed to Chaeyoung's home as Momo had a dinner meeting with some businessmen and businesswomen.

Usually, Sana would take Asahi and leave but to her luck, Asahi was still sleeping. Jaerim insisted that Sana should taste the cake he is baking and Sana found it hard to say no as she was starving.

Sana was in the kitchen with Jaerim who was making a sandwich for her too. She was laughing at the fun stories he was telling. Sana excused herself to go to the bathroom, she passed in front of Chaeyoung's room. The door was slightly open, she peeked through the door. Chaeyoung's room wasn't as fancy as the house, she could barely see as it was dark with only the bedside lamp on.

Chaeyoung was sleeping deeply, she noticed some sweat beads on his forehead. She sat beside him and watched his sleeping figure, he was groaning and frowning.

'He is probably hallucinating' she thoughts.

She gasped when she put her hand on his forehead, Chaeyoung slowly opened his eyes and he saw a blurry image of Sana. He didn't know if it was a dream or real.

His hand reached for her cheek to caress but he was so powerless and had no energy. Sana got up abruptly, Nabi gasped when she almost bumped into her "I- uhm, he has a really high fever"

Nabi sadly nodded and Jaerim joined "it's normal in his condition"

"What condi-"

"Mama" Asahi cut her off as he ran toward her. Sana carried him and showered him with kisses while she walked to the living room.

"Why did you say that?" Nabi scolded her husband "No one knows that Chaeyoung had leukemia! He wouldn't be pleased if Sana knew! He doesn't want her to stay with him out of pity, neither do I!"

Jaerim sighed "you are right, our poor boy suffers a lot" he said while side hugging his wife, the two stared at Chaeyoung's sleeping figure with sympathy.

~~
A few days later... Monday

Company - 3 PM

Chaeyoung has been absent for a week now. Sana was in Momo's office.

"Sana, you are stupid. You didn't even text him? He is sick" Momo scolded "Chaeyoung is a good guy, why aren't you giving him a chance?"

"I can't, I am not over Ren's death. I've been through a lot" Sana frowned.

Momo sat back and sighed "I know but life goes on Sana, we can't keep thinking about the past. Some things can't be changed"

Sana fidgeted with her fingers, simultaneously two knocks on the door cut the two's deep conversation. The two froze when Chaeyoung  came in. He was wearing a tracksuit and sneakers. Usually he dresses formally.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt your meeting" he said while sitting in front of Sana without even looking at her.

"Are you better now?" Momo asked concernandly.

"Yeah yeah I will come to work tomorrow but I am here to ask you a favor" he muted abit "Jeongyeon has insomnia, he hasn't slept since Saturday. He has been awake for almost 40 hours"

"What?" The two gasped.

"I told him to rest but he refused and I don't know what to do. Do you have a solution or something that can help him?"

He asked, still not giving Sana any attention which bothered the latter.

"The tea your nanny makes?" Sana snapped her fingers "they are magical"

Chaeyoung looked at Sana for a second then at Momo "do you have it?"

Momo nodded and got up "I will make him some" she said, rushing to the kitchen leaving Sana and Chaeyoung alone.

"How are you?" Sana asked.

"Good, good" he repeated "I have some work. See you later" he said coldly and headed to his office.

Meanwhile...

Momo entered Jeongyeon's office holding a cup of tea. She sighed when she saw him too focused on the paper between his hands. She gulped when she saw his messy brownish hair and pursed lips. He hung his suit's jacket on the chair and ed the first two buttons of his shirt.

He finally looked at Momo with his sleepy eyes as she put the tea cup on the coffee table in front of the leather couch.

"What is this?" He asked.

"A secret magic mix that will make you sleep," she said proudly.

"Chaeyoung really can't keep a secret," he said, walking over to her. He sat on the couch and inhaled the tea's scent before taking a sip. "Thank you" he smiled at her.

Momo smiled happily as if she won a lottery before bowing down "try to not overthink, okay?"

"I will do my best" he smiled, Jeongyeon silently enjoyed the tea before getting up to work again.

As Momo said, not so much passed and tiredness took over his body. He lay on the couch and drifted to sleep.

Momo was curious, she entered his office and smiled when she saw him sleeping deeply. She took off his shoes carefully but he didn't even flinch. She squatted in front of him and caressed his cheek. She can't deny that she is developing feelings for him daily.

Chaeyoung peeked through the door and smiled at the sight before tip-toeing inside. Momo got up instantly as she felt embarrassed. Chaeyoung headed to one of the cabinet's drawers and grabbed a blanket. He covered his friend and headed outside the office with Momo.

"I will wake him up wh-"

"No" Momo cut Chaeyoung off "he looked very tired. Let him sleep, I will stay here"

Chaeyoung arched his eyebrow at her before smirking playfully "okay Hirai Momo"

The latter's cheeks turned red and looked away "shut up" she joked and walked to her office.

As Momo promised, she stayed.

It was almost eight o'clock when Jeongyeon woke up, it took him a few seconds to realize where he was. He sat down and froze when he saw Momo sitting on the couch in front of him. Her knees were up to her chest and she was sleeping. He smiled at the sight and grabbed the blanket but Momo woke up just before he could cover her.

"You are awake," she said standing up and he nodded. Momo was finding it hard to stare into his eyes as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter