Chapter 3

YES, NO, MAYBE [ Jeongmo | Sachaeng ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days passed…

 

Today was a special day for Jeongyeon, he wore his nicest suit and headed to work. He continually looked at his watch before Momo entered and placed some papers on his desk.

 

“Good morning sir, these are the last three months' reports”

 

“Thank you Momo” he smiled.

 

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, barked into the room “We will be working with Lee Sonjae?” he badgered. Jeongyeon confusingly nodded at his friend who was obviously fumed “you agreed on planning his daughter’s wedding?”

 

“Yes, I did!”

 

Chayeoung inhaled and shook his head disappointedly while Momo watched the two argue silently.

 

“That is a and abuser!” he pointed out “how can we work with him as if there are no rumors about him everywhere”

 

“Nothing confirmed those rumors! His daughter has nothing in this news! Working with him will benefit us”

 

Chaeyoung frowned “so you are only thinking about yourself and ignored all his victims? Some of them were minors too!”

 

Jeongyeon took a deep breath and stared into his friend’s eyes “all I care about is this company. His daughter has a million followers on Instagram. Imagine how followers we will gain when she promotes us!”

 

“If her followers are rapists or abusers supporters I don’t want their support,” he said before storming out of the office. Momo flinched when he slammed the door behind him and Jeongyeon lowered his head in shame before looking at Momo “I guess you will accompany me to the venue”

 

The latter nodded obediently and walked to her office. Everyone noticed the tension in the company. Chaeyoung sat behind his desk and rubbed his temples “ah my head” he expressed his pain before opening the drawer and taking a painkiller.

 

“They argue a lot” Baekhyun whispered at Sana, the latter’s eyes were focused on Chaeyoung’s red face while he was scanning a paper on the printing machine. Jeongyeon passed beside him with Momo and they were obviously not on good terms at the moment “I wonder how are they best friends” Baekhyun questioned, “they have definitely different lifestyles and-”

 

“Baekhyun, I have some reports to write” Sana cut him off but her eyes landed on Chaeyoung who was still sadly dozing out.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and went back to his desk “why is she so cold?” he said to himself before looking back at his computer’s screen.

 

~~

The ride to the wedding venue was calm, Momo would eye Jeongyeon throughout the whole ride but his furrowed brows and intense eyes didn’t leave the road. The two arrived and met the most famous businessman in Seoul.

 

“Such a nice CEO,” Sonjae said while shaking hands with Jeongyeon until his eyes met Momo’s “lady,” he said. Momo was taken back when he kissed her hand and she pulled her hand right away.

 

“My daughter is very precious to me, I want this wedding to be the most special. I don’t care about the cost, I just want the night to be unforgettable for her” he said as they walked into the hotel's ballroom” he said roughly.

 

“Momo is our new chief financial officer. She prepared all the anticipated expenses” Jeongyeon proudly introduced her before the venue manager called Jeongyeon.

 

Sonjae smiled at Momo “you are not only beautiful but smart too?”

 

The latter smiled awkwardly at him as she handed him the file. Her eyes were looking for Jeongyeon as Sonjae’s stares were very uncomfortable for her. She thought of Chaeyoung words and believed that this guy is not as nice as he looks like.

 

“Mister Sonjae, it was very nice meeting you. You are welcome tomorrow at our company so we can sign the contract. You can also bring Jiwon with you”

 

“It’s an honor for me too,” the older said.

 

Momo tip-toed “I need to go to the bathroom” she whispered into Jeongyeon’s ear and he nodded “I will wait for you in the car”

 

Momo nodded and headed to the hotel’s restroom. After washing her hand she left the bathroom and gasped when she saw Sonjae waiting for her outside. The old man smirked and walked closer to her “Japanese girls are always very different”

 

“Jeongyeon is waiting for me outside”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter