Chapter 9

YES, NO, MAYBE [ Jeongmo | Sachaeng ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon heads to his room, he sits on the couch as flashbacks of last night hit him. He remembers every second, every touch, and stare. He hung his head up and stares at the ceiling before he touches his heart "why did it happen like that... Why? What should I do?"

He took a shower and wore a casual t-shirt and jeans. Having a walk around the hotel is much needed at the moment. He left this room simultaneously with Momo the two froze as soon as their eyes met each other before Momo rushed to the stairs. Jeongyeon sighed disappointingly and walked to the elevator. He hates how he was never this weak and uncollected.

Momo's parents were waiting for her outside the hotel, she humbly bowed to her father before she hugged her mother "get in the car" he ordered firmly and Momo complied. Momo sat beside her mother while her father sat on the passenger seat as the driver drove "I miss you" Momo said softly while holding into her mother's hand.

"Our house looks empty without you" Kumi soft-spoken.

"And it also felt betrayed after you worked with those Koreans" Haruto snorted.

"Dad-"

"We can talk at home" he cut her off. The ride was silent until they reached their traditional house in Tokyo.

"Nanny?" Momo yelled as she entered the house. A woman in her mid-seventies came out of the kitchen.

"My beautiful Momo," she said hugging the younger. Momo was raised by Yua while her parents were busy with work and the clan. Yua was always there for her and she is the one that knows Momo by heart.

"Let's talk" Haruto ordered and walked to his office followed by Momo. he sat behind his desk while she sat in front of him. She was nervously fidgeting with her fingers. She thanked God that he can't read her mind because all she was thinking about was her night with Jeongyeon "you are lucky that the clan accepted that you are working with Koreans" he said as he poured tea into her cup "I told them it's a one year contract and you will be back to your home when it ends. We can talk about your marriage to Takeru Satoh-"

"What?" Momo cut him off "you didn't take my opinion! I am not ready to get married yet"

"Why?" Haruto glared "is there something you are hiding from me?"

"N-no" she stuttered and took a sip of her tea.

"Satoh is a famous engineer, you'll like him" he stated "now get ready, the clan members want to meet you"

Momo bowed to her father and headed to her bedroom. She sat on the bed before Yua followed her and closed the door "what's wrong with you my flower?" she asked cupping her face "you look so gloomy" Yua surely knows Momo better than anyone.

"Nanny, I am in big trouble" Momo sobbed. The two sat on the bed and Momo proceeded on telling her the whole story till last night.

Yua caressed Momo's head and smiled "it's not your fault. Sometimes life surprises us with unexpected events but we should collect ourselves and not break down"

"I can't stop blaming myself, I was sober but I fell for his touches and stares. I forgot everything while being with him and it's killing me. If the clan members knew they might slaughter me and kill him."

Yua frowned "I know, but what I care about right now is how you feel toward him"

Momo doze off and smiled "he is generous, kind, gentle, and responsible"

The way Momo's eyes shone was enough for Yua to understand how Momo truly feels "if I was in your shoe I would wait and see what destiny is hiding for me"

"Yeah and what about that guy I might marry and the clan, my head is about to explode," Momo said touching her head.

Yua chuckled and got up "if what's between you and that Korean guy will transform into a real love it will find its way and you'll find a solution"

Momo lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling before closing her eyes and thinking about him she sighed before she slowly fell asleep.

~~

Night - 6 PM

Momo came back to the hotel after finishing her meeting with the clan that she dislikes the most. She hates how she was late. She rushed outside the elevator to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter