Chapter 8

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun woke up to the sound of a camera shutter. She opened her eyes and sleepily looked around, before her eyes landed on Moonbyul's grinning face.

 

"Oops! My bad" Moonbyul said while holding her phone and doing a peace sign.

 

Joohyun blinked a few times. She was trying to process everything, when she suddenly felt something on her chest area, pressing against it.

 

She looked down and her eyes quickly widened when she saw Seulgi's face rubbing against her chest.

 

"Hmm... pork buns.. my favorite" Seulgi mumbled while still rubbing her face against Joohyun's chest.

 

"This is gold! I can blackmail her with this later" Moonbyul chuckled while holding her phone and recording the situation.

 

Joohyun started blushing, both from anger and embarrassment. She turned to Moonbyul and glared at her.

 

Moonbyul saw the glare and gulped. She quickly pocketed her phone and ran to Seulgi's side to yank her best friend away from the red faced Joohyun.

 

"Wah!" Seulgi was startled awake when she felt herself being yanked back with force. "What's going on? What happened?"

 

"Um.. I-It's already eight in the morning. I'm hungry. Let's go and buy some foods" Moonbyul quickly said as she helped the confuse Seulgi get up from the bed.

 

"I'm still sleepy. Just order room service" Seulgi complained while trying to get away from Moonbyul's strong grip, but failed. 

 

"I need hangover soup too. Let's get one from our favorite restaurant across the street"

 

"But you never had a hangover before, no matter how much you drink, right?" 

 

"Just shut up and come with me" Moonbyul hissed while dragging Seulgi towards the door and opening it.

 

"I need to pee!" Seulgi yelled before Moonbyul yanked her outside and closed the door.

 

Joohyun, who was just lying still as the whole situation was happening, was finally able to relax again after the two left. 

 

"It was so awkward" Joohyun groaned before burying her face on the pillow. She then sat up and looked down at her chest. "But why did she think of my chest as pork bu-" She quickly shook her head to get rid of the thoughts. 

 

"Erase. Erase. I shouldn't think about it anymore" Joohyun cupped her red cheeks and then sighed. She looked outside the window and realized that the sun was already high up. 

 

Joohyun panicked and quickly got up. "Aish! Umma was probably worried at me because I didn't go home before she went to work" 

 

She quickly grabbed her clothes from last night at the side table and then jogged to the bathroom.

 

----------------------

 

"Why did you actually bring me here? You're not really having a hangover right?" Seulgi asked as they sat on the table near the door, waiting for the food that they had ordered for takeout.

 

"I don't think you would like to know" Moonbyul said while grininng.

 

Seulgi frowned. "Why?" 

 

"Because I'm sure that you'll get embarrassed at what you did" Moonbyul said while laughing.

 

"Moon Byul-yi! Just tell me already!" Seulgi glared at her best friend. 

 

"Okay. You asked for it" Moonbyul continued laughing as she pulled her phone out from her pocket and searched for the video that she had recorded earlier, before passing the phone to Seulgi. "Enjoy" 

 

Seulgi continued frowning as she grabbed the phone, but her eyes  quickly widened when she finally saw the video. 

 

"I'm not sure if Joohyun was embarrassed or angry at that time, but based on how red her face was, I'm assuming that it was both" Moonbyul said while still laughing.

 

"Yah! What time did you get back to the hotel room? Why didn't you wake me up when you saw me sleeping next to her? I could have transferred to the couch instead and that incident wouldn't have happened" Seulgi slapped Moonbyul's arm as the older girl grabbed her phone back. Afraid that Seulgi would delete the video. 

 

"Ouch! That hurts!" Moonbyul said while rubbing her aching arm. "Why are you mad at me? It's not like you asked me to wake you up, if you somehow ended up sleeping on the same bed together." She said while pocketing her phone. "And there's only one couch in that room. Where do you want me to sleep? Next to her? No, thank you. I still want to live. Plus you two looked so comfy together. I didn't want to ruin it."  She teased.

 

Seulgi covered her face and groaned. "But still, it was so embarrassing. I don't think I'll be able to look straight into Joohyun unnie's eyes again after what I did."

 

Moonbyul pursed her lips when she saw how worried Seulgi was. She sighed and patted Seulgi's back gently. "Hey. Don't worry. I'm sure Joohyun knows that you didn't do it on purpose. You were asleep at that time"

 

Seulgi uncovered her face and sighed. "I hope so. I don't want us to go back to square one again, when we've just gotten a bit closer now than before"

 

Moonbyul shifted on her seat and looked curiously at Seulgi. "By the way, speaking of getting closer. Did something happened between the two of you? I mean, I'm pretty sure that you never planned on sleeping next to her in the first place, based on how you reacted. You two must have talked until you fell asleep, right?" 

 

Seulgi looked down at her hands and sighed again. "I told her already"

 

"Told her what?" 

 

"A-About my sister" Seulgi said weakly. "A-And what I d-did to her"

 

Moonbyul was shocked, it was the first time that Seulgi told anyone about the incident.

 

Seulgi didn't have to tell her anything because she already found out about it from her father, who was the personal doctor of Seulgi's older sister at that time.

 

Moonbyul's father was visiting Seulgi's older sister at their house, to check on her, when it happened.

 

He was about to leave, when he suddenly heard some yelling coming from Mr. Kang's office, near the living room.

 

He was worried that something bad had happened, so he quickly went back inside the house to see what was going on.

 

He saw Seulgi's older sister enter Mr. Kang's office in a hurry and got even more worried. But before he could even take another step, the sound of glass breaking and shouts of horror filled the quiet house.

 

Moonbyul's father quickly run inside the room and saw Seulgi's older sister lying face down on the floor, with a pool of blood around her head. 

 

Seulgi and Seulgi's parents were too shocked to move, that they were only staring at the motionless girl on the floor with wide eyes.

 

Moonbyul's father quickly did first aid on Seulgi's older sister and yelled for Mr. Kang to help him carry her to his car. 

 

That was the only time that Seulgi's parents moved. They quickly helped him, while Seulgi was just sitting down on the floor, crying silently.

 

"So that explains the puffy eyes." Moonbyul mumbled to herself before wrapping her arms around Seulgi's shoulder. "How are you feeling now?"

 

"I'm actually feeling...a bit light... like a huge boulder was taken off of my shoulders" Seulgi said with a bit of a smile. "I guess sharing my darkest secret to the person I like and receiving no negative reactions from her, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter