Chapter 7

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yes, umma. Don't worry. Yes. Okay. My battery's about to die. Yes. Good night umma, love you. Bye" Joohyun ended the call and then sighed as her phone turned off on it's own. She forgot to fully charge it earlier because she was thinking of a lot of things.

 

She looked up from her phone and stared worriedly outside the window as the rain started pouring hard.

 

After talking to Moonbyul earlier, explaining everything that had happened between her and Seulgi, it started raining.

 

She was about bid goodbye to Moonbyul when Moonbyul stopped her and told her to sleep in the hotel room with her and Seulgi instead, since it was hard to find a taxi in that kind of weather and Moonbyul wouldn't risk driving under the influence of alcohol.

 

Joohyun was about to decline when lightning began to strike, causing her to scream and hide behind Moonbyul.

 

In the end she didn't have a choice, but to accept Moonbyul's offer.

 

"Thank goodness I always bring comfortable clothes in my car" 

 

Joohyun turned around and saw Moonbyul entering the hotel room again with a backpack in hand.

 

"Joohyun, come here. Choose what you want to wear" Moonbyul said while placing the backpack on the couch and opening it.

 

"Um.. it's fine. Don't worry about me. I'll just sleep in these" Joohyun smiled awkwardly while pointing at the clothes she was wearing.

 

She really feels uncomfortable wearing other people's clothes. She won't even wear Seungwan's clothes, even if she has feelings for the girl.

 

"But you're going to be uncomfortable wearing jeans while sleeping though" Moonbyul said while taking the clothes out. "Don't worry. These are new. Seulgi sometimes wants to go on a random trip, so I always make sure to have a change of clothes with me in the car" 

 

Joohyun pursed her lips and closed the curtains, before going to the couch and sitting down on it. "You and Seulgi are really close, huh?" 

 

"Yeah. We've been friends since we were kids." Moonbyul took out a pair of white shorts and red shirt. "Is this fine with you?"

 

"Um.. okay. Thanks" Joohyun awkwardly took the offered clothes.

 

She didn't want to accept it at first, but since Moonbyul was right about not being comfortable wearing jeans while sleeping, she decided to just take it.

 

Moonbyul then took her own clothes before sitting down on the couch as well and then looking at Joohyun mischievously. "You're curious aren't you? You're curious about my relationship with Seulgi? Don't worry. I only see Seulgi as a friend and younger sister, nothing more. She's all yours" 

 

Joohyun groaned and covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. "I knew I shouldn't have told you about the kiss" 

 

Moonbyul chuckled. "I'm sorry for teasing you, but I just couldn't get over the fact that you kissed Seulgi. I thought it would be the other way around" 

 

Joohyun uncovered her face and sighed. "I was only thinking of helping her and getting rid of those bodyguards. I didn't really think everything through" 

 

"But because of that, you helped Seulgi not to get caught. So I want to thank you again for that" Moonbyul smiled sincerely.

 

"I'm just doing what I thought was right" Joohyun smiled back, but then frowned. "But wait, wouldn't they find us here? I mean, I'm sure they already know that you checked-in in here right?" 

 

"Well... they don't know that we helped her, so we're good and I'm pretty sure that they thought she left the hotel already, so don't worry, okay?" 

 

Joohyun bit her lips. Still unconvinced.

 

"Plus this hotel is very strict when it comes to the privacy of their hotel guests. They won't just give information to random people, unless there's warrants from the police or if it's an emergency situation" Moonbyul added when she saw that Joohyun was still worried.

 

"Oh... But what about Seulgi? What will happen to her once her mom finds her again? Will her mom punish her for leaving just like that?" Joohyun asked worriedly again.

 

"I'm sure aunty won't harm her..." Moonbyul paused. "...physically at least.. because she knows that I will tell my mom, who is a former news reporter and still has connections in some major broadcasting companies, if I found out that she did something to Seulgi. She's afraid of what the public will say once the story gets leaked."

 

Joohyun hummed and pursed her lips. She just hoped that Moonbyul was right. That Mrs. Kang won't really hurt Seulgi.

 

Moonbyul observed Joohyun before shifting her eyes on the bed and then quickly looking back at Joohyun again.

 

"By the way can I ask you something?"

 

Joohyun looked at Moonbyul and nodded. "Sure. What is it?"

 

Moonbyul remained silent for a few seconds before asking. "You hate players like Seulgi right? May I know why?" 

 

Joohyun was startled by the question. She didn't expect that.

 

"Um.. I-" Joohyun stopped and quickly looked away, avoiding eye contact.

 

"Seulgi already told me everything.  From your first meeting up to what happened at the club. Don't worry. I'm not mad or anything like that" Moonbyul quickly added when she noticed that Joohyun looked uncomfortable. "And I'm not going to defend her as well because I know what she did was wrong. I'm just asking why you hate them, out of curiousity. That's all." 

 

Joohyun took a deep breath and sighed. "I'm sorry. I can't really tell you the reason. It's kind of personal and still painful for me to talk about." She looked at Moonbyul apologetically.

 

"Oh. Okay. That's fine. I understand. I won't force you. I apologize for asking though" Moonbyul said apologetically.

 

"It's okay" Joohyun bit her lips and looked away again.

 

Moonbyul noticed the heavy atmosphere and felt guilty. "Um... you should go wash up now and then sleep. You still have class tomorrow right?" 

 

"Yeah. Excuse me" Joohyun grabbed the clothes and stood up before walking towards the bathroom.

 

Once the door was closed, Moonbyul stood up and then walked towards the bed. She sat down next to Seulgi's lying form and sighed. 

 

"I know you're awake. I don't hear any snores coming from you" 

 

Seulgi didn't answer and just continued closing her eyes, pretending to sleep.

 

Moonbyul sighed again. "Okay. I get it, you don't want to be disturbed." She stood up. "Anyway, I'll continue my drinking session at the bar downstairs. Since I don't have class tomorrow morning anyway. And incase you want to follow me, please don't because we don't know if your mom or her bodyguards are still around, okay?" She patted Seulgi's cheek before walking out of the room.

 

Seulgi opened her eyes and sighed. She heard everything that Joohyun had said and felt bad for even thinking about playing with her. 

 

She might not know what really happened to Joohyun, but she can tell that it was really painful based on the tone of her voice. Now she understood why Joohyun reacted that way at the club. 

 

The bathroom door suddenly opened, causing Seulgi to quickly close her eyes and pretend to sleep again.

 

"Where's Moonbyul?" 

 

Seulgi heard Joohyun whisper to herself before hearing Joohyun's footsteps slowly walking towards the bed she was lying on and stopping beside her.

 

Seulgi gulped and waited.

 

She frowned in confusion when nothing happened after a few minutes, but then stiffened when she felt Joohyun softly carressing her forehead.

 

"Is she having a nightmare?" 

 

Seulgi heard Joohyun whisper to herself as she tried hard not to open her eyes.

 

She was still embarrassed for passing out after the kiss earlier, so she didn't want to talk to Joohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter