Chapter 12

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You're lucky it's just a sprain, unnie" Sooyoung said as they walked out of the hospital.

 

After learning about Seulgi's injury, Moonbyul offered to drive Seulgi to the hospital, but Seulgi refused since she knows how tiring it was to drive for three hours.

 

So Joohyun volunteered instead and Sooyoung went with them incase they got lost. Since Sooyoung has been in the city a couple of times already with her family. So she knows which way to go.

 

"Yeah. Joohyun unnie would have killed me" Seulgi whispered to Sooyoung as she nervously looked at Joohyun, who was walking ahead of them to the parking lot.

 

Before arriving at the hospital, Joohyun told Seulgi that they should just postpone their camping and reschedule it instead, so that Seulgi could go home and rest.

 

But Seulgi refused and told Joohyun that she's fine and just continue what they're doing now, since they're already there anyway.

 

So now Joohyun is giving Seulgi the silent treatment.

 

"You're girlfriend is really scary unnie" Sooyoung whispered back. She saw how Joohyun's worried  expression quickly turned into a poker face when Seulgi refused to reschedule their camping. 

 

"She's not my girlfriend!" Seulgi hissed.

 

"But she acts like one though. Like now" 

 

"She's just concerned for me as a friend, okay? Nothing more" Seulgi reasoned out.

 

Seulgi knows that if she would start on hoping for something more between them, especially since she had already agreed on helping Joohyun get Seungwan, it would only make her letting Joohyun go, harder.

 

Sooyoung frowned and stopped walking. She held Seulgi's arm to stop her too. "But I saw how she looks at you, unnie. I'm sure she has feelings for you and I'm also sure that you have feelings for her too"

 

"Yeah. And I have super powers" Seulgi said sarcastically. "We don't have feelings for each other okay? Stop saying that" 

 

"Why are you denying it? I saw how you act around he-"  

 

"Are you two going to continue talking there? Or are we going back to the campsite?"  

 

Seulgi and Sooyoung quickly looked at Joohyun, who was glaring at them before getting into the driver's seat.

 

Sooyoung gulped nervously. "Stop denying your feelings for her" She whispered to Seulgi before running towards the truck and getting into the backseat. Afraid of pissing off the older girl. She was just thankful that Joohyun doesn't overspeed when angry.

 

Seulgi sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "I'm not denying it. I'm just suppressing it" She mumbled before walking towards the two.

 

------------

 

"Seul! You're back!" Seungwan quickly ran to Seulgi and hugged the girl. "Are you okay? How's your wrist? Is it broken? Did you get an xray? What did the doctor say?" She rapidly asked while inspecting Seulgi's bandaged wrist carefully.

 

Seulgi was overwhelmed by Seungwan's questions that she wasn't able to reply.

 

"Wan, let Seulgi rest. Don't worry. She's fine. Her wrist was just sprained." Joohyun said while carefully grabbing Seulgi's injured hand away from Seungwan and holding it gently.

 

Seulgi bit her lips. She remembered how Joohyun never spoke to her the entire ride, but spoke to her now to make Seungwan jealous.

 

'Why does my heart hurt being used like this, when I was the one who suggested it in the first place?' Seulgi thought bitterly.

 

"Thank god! I was so worried." Seungwan sighed in relief, oblivious to Joohyun's intention.

 

"Yeah" Moonbyul chimed in. "She was even thinking of going to the hospital when she couldn't reach you guys through the phone. She thought something bad had happened. But then we found out that all of your phones were left in here. So I told her to just wait for an hour, and if you guys are not back yet, then we will go to the hospital ourselves."

 

"We forgot to bring our phones because Joo- we were in a hurry" Sooyoung quickly corrected herself. She didn't want to activate scary Joohyun.

 

Seungwan hummed. "By the way, are you guys hungry? We added more dishes since we know that you guys weren't able to eat before leaving" She said before preparing the foods that she and Moonbyul cooked earlier.

 

"Wow! I didn't know that we brought steaks unnie" Sooyoung asked Moonbyul in amusement when she saw the sliced tomahawk steak on the plate. 

 

"I didn't, but Seungwan did" Moonbyul pointed at Seungwan.

 

"Thanks Seungwan-ah" Sooyoung went to Seungwan and hugged the girl.

 

Seungwan chuckled. "You're welcome. Eat now before it gets cold" 

 

"Okay" Sooyoung quickly took a plate and began filling her plate up.

 

Seulgi, who has been silently observing Joohyun, bit her lips when Joohyun unconciously put pressure on her injured wrist.

 

"U-unnie, my wrist" She whispered.

 

Joohyun quickly snapped out of her trance. "Sorry" She quickly carressed Seulgi's bandaged wrist as an apology.

 

"It's fine. It doesn't hurt that much anyway." Seulgi smiled in reassurance.

 

"Are you sure?" Joohyun asked worriedly.

 

"Yeah. Don't worry." Seulgi nodded. "You should eat now unnie. I'm sure you're hungry" 

 

"No. I should feed you first. What do you want to eat? I'll get it for you" Joohyun asked as she let Seulgi's hand go to grab a plate.

 

"It's okay. Don't worry unnie. I'll just ask Moonbyul to give me food" Seulgi was about to call Moonbyul, who was busy refilling the cooler box with drinks, when Seungwan walked towards her with a plate filled with foods.

 

"Here Seul. I prepared it for you" Seungwan carefully placed the plate on the table before grabbing Seulgi's arm and guiding her to sit down.

 

"Thanks...um..." Seulgi trailed off as she looked at the quiet Joohyun.  

 

Seungwan followed where Seulgi was looking at and smiled. "Don't worry unnie, I didn't forget about you" She walked away to grab the plate that she also prepared for Joohyun.

 

"Tteokbokki!" Joohyun's face lit up when she saw her favorite food. "Thanks Wannie" 

 

"You're welcome unnie" Seungwan smiled at Joohyun before looking at Seulgi. "Seul, can you hold the chopsticks? Do you want me to help you?" 

 

"No, it's fine." Seulgi quickly shook her head. "I broke my hand once when I was a kid, so I forced myself to learn how to use chopsticks with my left hand to eat" 

 

"Hmm. Just tell me if you need help okay?"

 

Seulgi nodded. 

 

"I'll just go and grab a drink for you" Seungwan smiled before walking away to grab Seulgi a drink.

 

Seulgi wanted to decline but Seungwan was already gone, so she just let her be.

 

Joohyun turned to Seulgi and offered a piece of tteokbokki. "Here Seul, open your mouth"

 

"No, it's fine unnie. It's you-" Seulgi stopped when she saw Joohyun signaling for her to take it.

 

Seulgi blinked a few times before realizing what Joohyun was trying to do. She opened and let Joohyun feed her.

 

"Here Seul" Seungwan placed the drink on the table. "Is there anything else you need?"

 

Seulgi shook her head and covered . "Don't worry, Wan. I'm fine." 

 

"There's a sauce on the corner of your lips, Seul. Wait. Let me wipe that off for you" Joohyun said while grabbing a napkin.

 

Seulgi's eyes widened. "No, unnie. I'll just do it myself"

 

"No, let me" Joohyun insisted before wiping Seulgi's mouth.

 

When Joohyun was done, Seulgi quickly grabbed the drink that Seungwan gave her and began gulping it down, feeling awkward.

 

"Joohyun unnie, do you like Seulgi unnie?" Sooyoung blurted out of nowhere.

 

Seulgi choked on her drink.

 

Joohyun quickly stood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter