Chapter 10

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi choked on her saliva when she heard what Sooyoung had just said. She quickly untangled herself from the younger girl and frowned. 

 

"Yah! Park Sooyoung! Stop joking around like that. Joohyun unnie and Seungwan might actually believe it!"

 

Sooyoung stared longer at Joohyun before looking away and pouting at Seulgi.

 

"Seulgi unnie! Why did you have to ruin the fun?!" She whined.

 

"Because I don't want them to misunderstand!" Seulgi defended herself.

 

Joohyun and Seungwan looked at each other, confused. They didn't know what was going on.

 

Moonbyul sighed and looked at Joohyun and Seungwan apologetically.

 

"I'm sorry guys, my cousin really likes acting and is a theatre major from K-arts. So she likes to create scenarios in her head and act it out sometimes, forcing the unsuspecting people around her to be part of that story" 

 

Joohyun and Seungwan nodded their heads slowly, finally understanding the situation.

 

"Yah! Byul unnie! Why did you make it sound like I'm crazy or something?!" Sooyoung complained to Moonbyul.

 

"But aren't you?" Seulgi teased.

 

Sooyoung looked at Seulgi and raised her brows. "Do you want me to tell them about your highschool days, unnie? Especially about the drama club?" 

 

Seulgi glared at the younger girl. "Don't you dare, Park Sooyoung!" 

 

"I think they will be interested to know about it." Sooyung turned to Joohyun again. "Right, Joohyun unnie?" She winked and quickly added. "I can call you unnie, right?"

 

Joohyun was startled when the attention was directed to her, but she nodded anyway.

 

Sooyoung turned to Seulgi again and grinned. "See?"

 

Seulgi panicked even more and looked at Joohyun. "No, unnie. Don't listen to her. She's just making things up." 

 

"No, I'm not. I even have the videos to prove it." Sooyoung said cheekily while pulling out her phone slowly, teasing Seulgi more.

 

Seulgi groaned and then grabbed Joohyun's hand. "Come with me, unnie. Let's go and buy camping gears already" 

 

"Um... but what about them" Joohyun said while looking at the rest, but Seulgi didn't listen and just dragged her away.

 

Sooyoung and Monbyul looked at each other before Sooyoung grinned and winked at her. 

 

Moonbyul just chuckled and followed the two.

 

Sooyoung then turned to Seungwan and smiled. "Well... hello there beautiful little lady." 

 

Seungwan frowned. "Are you complimenting me or insulting my height?"

 

Sooyoung shrugged. "Take it however you want it to be, babe"  

 

Seungwan frowned even more. "I'll just take it as a compliment, since I don't want to get mad right now. And please call me unnie. I'm the same age as Seulgi" 

 

"Okay, Bab- unnie" Sooyoung grinned while staring straight into Seungwan's eyes.

 

Seungwan felt awkward under the stare. "Let's g-go follow them. We might lost them" She stuttered out before walking towards the direction, where her three friends went.

 

Sooyoung looked at Seungwan's back and then smirked before following the older girl.

 

---------------------

 

"I'm hungry" Sooyoung said tiredly while sitting down on the chair. 

 

After almost two hours of looking for a tent to buy. They all decided to just buy an eight person tent, so that they won't have to set their tents up individually and also to get closer to each other. 

 

So now, they're inside the restaurant to eat, since it was lunch time already.

 

"Excuse me guys. I have to take this call" Seungwan said while looking at her ringing phone. 

 

"Okay" Joohyun said as the waitress approaches them and gives them the menus.

 

"Wait. Wannie, what are you going to order?" Seulgi asked Seungwan before the girl could walk away.

 

"Joohyun unnie already knows what I like. So it's up to her to decide" Seungwan said quickly before smiling apologetically. "I'm sorry Seul, but I really have to take this call"  

 

Seulgi swallowed the jealousy that she was feeling and nodded. "Okay, go ahead"

 

Seungwan said 'sorry' once again before excusing herself to find a more quiet place to answer her call.

 

"So what are you guys going to get?" Moonbyul asked as she started flipping the menu open.

 

"Should we order something that we can all share? Like crab stew for example" Joohyun asked while reading the seafoods menu.

 

Seulgi looked at Joohyun's side profile and couldn't help but to admire it.

 

"I'm fine with it. I want to try their different dishes anyway. It looks delicious." Sooyoung said while looking at the pictures.

 

"Me too. I want to try their pork dishes." Moonbyul said without looking up from the menu.

 

"How about you, Seul?" Joohyun looked at Seulgi, startling the younger girl, who quickly looked away and pretended to be looking at the menu in her hand.

 

"Y-Yeah. No problem" Seulgi stuttered out.

 

"Okay" Joohyun wondered why the younger girl's cheeks were red, but decided to shrug it off. Seulgi might have been flushed from all the walking that they did earlier.

 

Seulgi sighed in relief when Joohyun directed her attention back to the menu. She mentally scolded herself for openly admiring Joohyun like that.

 

She has to remind herself to be careful with her actions, since Sooyoung was with them and that girl was too observant for her own good. She doesn't want to be teased nonstop and potentially exposed her feelings for Joohyun, to Joohyun herself.

 

"Are you guys ready to order?" Moonbyul asked around. 

 

They all looked at each other and nodded. Moonbyul called the waitress and once the waitress went to their table, they began telling their orders.

 

"That's all. Thank you" Moonbyul thanked the waitress as she handed the menus back.

 

"Joohyun unnie, can you accompany me to the restroom, please? I really need to pee" Sooyoung suddenly asked Joohyun once the waitress left.

 

Joohyun blinked a few times before nodding and standing up slowly. "Okay"

 

"Wait, unnie" Seulgi quickly held Joohyun's wrist, stopping the older girl from moving, before looking at Sooyoung with a frown. "Yah! Park Sooyoung! Why didn't you do it earlier? And why are you dragging Joohyun unnie with you? The restroom's just right there!" She said while pointing at the restroom, which was just a few feet away.

 

"Because we're girls, duh!" Sooyoung said while rolling her eyes.

 

Seulgi hissed. "Yah! You br-" 

 

"Seul, it's okay. I need to use the restroom anyway." Joohyun said while carressing the back of Seulgi's hand, that was on her wrist.

 

Moonbyul raised her brows, but didn't say anything while Sooyoung mumbled 'interesting' under her breath.

 

Seulgi looked at Joohyun again and calmed down. "Okay. But unnie, if she tries to do something funny, you can slap her or kick her, okay?" 

 

"Yah! Seulgi unnie! What do you think of me? A ert? I would never do such things!" Sooyoung held her hand against her chest dramatically while acting shocked and offended.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "Yeah, because I definitely didn't saw you getting slapped on the face for kissing random girls at the park near your university" 

 

"But I was just dared to d-"

 

"Can you two please stop arguing already? We're in a public place, remember?" Moonbyul hissed at her friend and cousin. She was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter