Chapter 13

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Why are you still up?"     

 

Seulgi turned to the voice and saw Seungwan walking towards her with a blanket wrapped around her body.  

 

"I couldn't sleep" She answered. "How about you? Why are you still up?"     

 

"I couldn't sleep too" Seungwan said before stopping infront of Seulgi. "Can I sit next to you?"

 

"Sure" Seulgi moved her empty cup so that Seungwan could sit on the wooden bench.    

 

Seungwan sat down. "Are you cold? Do you want to share the blanket with me?" She offered.    

 

"No, thanks. I'm fine." Seulgi declined. "I'm wearing a jacket anyway"     

 

"Are you sure? I don't mind sharing though. "     

 

"Yeah. Don't worry."     

 

"Hmm.. okay"     

 

They sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Seungwan started talking again.    

 

"Are you okay now? Does your wounds still hurt?" Seungwan asked worriedly.  

 

"Don't worry. I'm fine. Joohyun unnie already cleaned my wounds before she went to sleep"  

 

Seungwan hummed and nodded.

 

They fell silent again.  

 

"Can I ask you a question?" Seungwan suddenly asked.

 

"Sure. What is it?"  

 

"Are you... are you and Joohyun unnie together?"  Seungwan asked hesitantly.

 

Seulgi was taken aback by the question but played it cool. "What do you mean?"    

 

"I've noticed how close you two have gotten these past few days. So I was wondering if you two are in a relationship now"   

 

Seulgi pursed her lips. She didn't know if she should tell the truth or go on with her and Joohyun's plan.    

 

Seungwan sighed. "I know that I don't have any rights to interfere with Joohyun unnie's relationships. But Joohyun unnie has been through a lot already. I don't want her to get hurt again." She paused before adding, "So if you're just going to play with her feelings, then I suggest that you stop now befo-"    

 

"I like her" Seulgi confessed, cutting Seungwan off. She took a deep breath and release it slowly, before turning to Seungwan. "No. I love her. But I know that her heart won't ever be mine. So I'm letting her go"     

 

Seungwan's shock face quickly turned into a frown. "What? Why would you give up just like that?"     

 

Seulgi chuckled. "I thought that's what you wanted?"    

 

"No, I'm just-" Seungwan ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. "I thought you were just playing with her feelings that's why I said that"    

 

"Well it's too late now. I've already decided." Seulgi said before looking away.

 

"But have you tried confessing to her though?"     

 

Seulgi shook her head and looked up at the sky. "Nope and not even planning to"    

 

"You're stressing me out" Seungwan groaned.    

 

Seulgi chuckled. "Why?"    

 

"Because you're going to give up just like that without confessing!"   

 

Seulgi looked at Seungwan and pursed her lips. She turned her body to fully face Seungwan.  

 

"What?" Seungwan asked awkwardly. Feeling uncomfortable under Seulgi's stare.    

 

"I'll confess to Joohyun unnie if you answer my question honestly" Seulgi said seriously.  

 

"You're scaring me but okay. I'll answer it" Seungwan said hesitantly  

 

"Do you have feelings for Joohyun unnie?"  

 

Seungwan froze.   

 

Seulgi observed Seungwan's reaction.  

 

She smiled. "I guess you do huh?"  

 

Seungwan snapped out of her frozen state. "N-no! I don't have feelings for her"  

 

Seulgi chuckled. "Yeah. Keep denying it to yourself"  

 

"But I'm really telling the truth! I only see her as an older sister! Nothing more!"   

 

"I don't believe you"   

 

"Fine! I'll tell you the truth" Seungwan gave up. "I had a crush on her before, but I really don't have feelings for her now"   

 

"Why?" Seulgi frowned.  

 

"What do you mean why?"              

 

"Why are you still lying?" Seulgi looked directly into Seungwan's eyes. "I saw how you look at her. I'm sure your feelings for her only grew and had not yet left" 

 

Seungwan blinked a few times before looking away.

 

Seulgi sighed and grabbed Seungwan's hand. "Wan, you don't have to lie to me just because I told you I have feelings for her. I'll appreciate it if you tell me the truth actually."

 

Seungwan remained silent. 

 

Seulgi smiled and patted Seungwan's head. "You're a great person, Wan. I'm sure Joohyun unnie will feel lucky to have you"

 

"I'm scared." Seungwan whispered.

 

"Hmm? What is it? I can't hear you"

 

Seungwan looked at Seulgi with teary eyes. "I'm scared of losing her"

 

Seulgi pursed her lips. She knew exactly what Seungwan was trying to say.

 

The thought of telling Seungwan about Joohyun's feelings for her crossed her mind, but she knew that she shouldn't interfere.

 

Plus she wanted to protect her heart. So she decided not to tell her.

 

Seulgi forced out a smile. "So you're scared of confessing because you're afraid of losing her? I didn't know that you're a coward" She teased. 

 

"I'm not a coward!" Seungwan protested with a frown. "Ugh! You don't understand!"

 

"Chicken!" Seulgi teased more while making chicken noises.

 

"Yah! Stop that!" Seungwan slapped Seulgi's arm, totally forgetting about the wound on the latter's arm.

 

"Ouch!" Seulgi clutched on her bandaged arm under the jacket.

 

"Omo! I'm so sorry" Seungwan quickly apologized. "Does it really hurt? Let me see. Take your jacket off" She said in panic.

 

Seulgi bit her lips to stop herself from laughing, but couldn't hold it in. Seungwan's panic face was too funny for her.

 

"Yah! Why are you laughing?" Seungwan asked in confusion.

 

"You're face" Seulgi answered while still laughing. "It's so funny" 

 

"You're mean! I won't talk to you anymore" Seungwan said and crossed her arms. "I was just worried for her but she just laughed at me" She mumbled.

 

Seulgi stopped laughing. She grinned and lightly pushed Seungwan. "I'm sorry. I was just kidding. Don't worry. I wasn't really hurt. I was just playing with you"

 

Although her wound stings a bit, Seulgi decided to hide it so that Seungwan won't feel guilty.

 

Seungwan continued to ignore Seulgi.

 

Seulgi sighed and stood up. "I think I'm gonna go for a walk" 

 

"What?! Are you crazy?" Seungwan stood up aswell. "It's almost 1am! It's dangerous to walk out here alone!" 

 

"I'm used to it. I always walk alone wherever I want to." Seulgi said nonchalantly. "Plus you won't talk to me. So I'll just give you some space"

 

Seungwan groaned and grabbed Seulgi's arm gently. "Sit down and talk. I don't want to be blamed if something bad happens to you" She huffed and sat back down. 

 

Seulgi grinned. "I didn't know you care for me" 

 

"Whatever" Seungwan rolled her eyes.

 

Seulgi leaned back on the bench and sighed. "You're so lucky" 

 

"What are you talking about?" Seungwan looked at Seulgi curiously.

 

"Nothing" Seulgi grinned again.

 

Seungwan pursed her lips and looked away.

 

They fell silent again. 

 

"You should confess to Joohyun unnie." Seungwan suddenly said.

 

Seulgi remained silent.

 

"I mean... you said you love her... so um.. you should confess to her already" Seungwan continued talking.

 

"Do you care for her?" Seulgi asked without looking at Seungwan.

 

"Of course I do. She's someone important to me" Seungwan answered while looking down at her lap.

 

"Do you want her to be happy?" 

 

"Yes" 

 

"Then confess to her" 

 

"What?!" Seungwan looked at Seulgi as if she's insane. "You want me to confess?? To her?"

 

"We both know that I'm not the right person for her" Seulgi looked at Seungwan sadly. "So you should be the one to confess instead" 

 

"I-I don't know" Seungwan frowned.

 

"Then let's make a deal" 

 

"A deal?" 

 

"Yeah. We'll both confess to Joohyun unnie once we go back to Seoul" 

 

"But wouldn't that make Joohyun unnie uncomfortable?" Seungwan asked worriedly. "I don't want her to think that we're just playing with her"

 

"I'm sure she wouldn't" Seulgi reassured. "But if you're worried, we can always do it subtly. Like slowly show her that we like her"

 

"I'm still not sure" Seungwan bit her lips worriedly

 

Seulgi sighed and grabbed Seungwan's shoulders. "Wan, look at me" 

 

Seungwan looked at Seulgi timidly.

 

Seulgi smiled. "If you show her that you're sincere, I'm sure she wouldn't be mad or uncomfortable with you. Just be yourself, okay?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter