Chapter 3

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Joohyun cursed under her breath when she saw Seulgi sitting on the opposite side of Seungwan at their usual table in the library.

 

It was now four in the afternoon, the usual time she and Seungwan would spend time together at the library to relax or study.

 

But it seems like she wouldn't have any peace anymore, now that Seulgi knows where she's hiding.

 

Joohyun was about to turn around to leave, when Seungwan spotted her and waved at her.

 

Seulgi looked at her too and waved while smiling teasingly again.

 

Joohyun sighed and forced out a smile before walking towards them.

 

"Unnie, what took you so long? I thought your class was over a few minutes early?" Seungwan asked as Joohyun took a seat beside her.

 

"I had a brief meeting with my groupmates for our project." Joohyun answered while taking her notes out.

 

Totally ignoring Seulgi.

 

Seulgi knew that Joohyun was ignoring her presence, that's why she decided to tease the older girl.

 

"Hi unnie" Seulgi said teasingly.

 

Joohyun pursed her lips and looked at Seulgi. She knew that she couldn't ignore her anymore. Especially with Seungwan beside her. 

 

"Hello" She smiled a bit and then went back to looking at her notes.

 

Before they parted last Saturday, Seulgi asked for her number.

 

She wasn't going to give it at first, because she knows that Seulgi would just annoy her, but since she was afraid that Seulgi would tell Seungwan about her secret, she decided to just give it to her instead, to shut her up. 

 

But it seemed like it was a really bad idea because Seulgi wouldn't stop calling and messaging her.

 

She even had to put her phone on silent mode after her mother began suspecting her of having a boyfriend already.

 

In the end, she decided to block Seulgi's number to have her peace of mind back. But it seems like Joohyun couldn't get rid of Seulgi after all.

 

"By the way unnie, Seulgi came here to hang out with us. Is that okay?" Seungwan whispered, knowing full well how Joohyun felt about Seulgi.

 

Joohyun sighed. "Yeah. I mean she's already here. What else can I do?" She whispered back while glaring at Seulgi. 

 

Seulgi, who had no clue what the two were talking about, just smiled. But based on the glare that Joohyun was giving her. It was probably about her.

 

"I'm sorry, unnie" Seungwan whispered.

 

"It's alright" Joohyun whispered back before focusing on her notes again.

 

As minutes pass by, Joohyun couldn't help, but feel Seulgi's gaze on her. It was a bit irritating at first, but in the end she got used to it.

 

Suddenly, Joohyun felt something crawling on her leg, causing her to shriek and stood up quickly, pushing the chair back in the process.

 

Thankfully Seungwan was there to stop the chair from falling over completely.

 

"What happened? Are you okay unnie?" Seungwan asked worriedly as she stood the chair upright.

 

Joohyun remembered where she was and quickly looked around. She saw a few students looking her way with mixed expressions. Some were annoyed while some were shocked.

 

She bit her lips and quickly bowed apologetically to all of them before sitting back down and covering her face with her hands in embarrassment.

 

Good thing that there were only a few students around and the librarian isn't that stict. Or else they would have been kicked out already. 

 

"What was that, unnie?" Seungwan asked with a frown. Still worried about Joohyun.

 

"I was just-." Joohyun uncovered her face and looked at Seungwan. "There was something crawling on my leg. I think it was a bug or something. It just surprised me"

 

"Really?" Seungwan frowned even more and began looking under the table. Looking for the bug anxiously.

 

She was also wearing a skirt like Joohyun, so she was worried that she'll be bitten by it.

 

"It's already gone. Don't worry" Joohyun said and then glanced at Seulgi.

 

She caught sight of the smirk on the younger girl's face and knew that Seulgi had something to do with it.

 

"Did the bug bit you unnie?" Seulgi asked with a fake concerned look on her face.

 

"Thankfully it didn't or else I would have killed it already" Joohyun said through gritted teeth.

 

Seulgi hummed and pretended to scroll on her phone. "Oh! I have to go now. It's almost time for my next class." She said while placing her things back into her backpack.

 

"You're already going?" Seungwan asked as she fixed her hair. It got a bit messy when she was looking under the table. 

 

"Yeah. Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys" Seulgi said while standing up and grabbing her backpack.

 

"No problem." Seungwan smiled.

 

"I'll go now" Seulgi smiled back at Seungwan before looking at Joohyun meaningfully and walking away.

 

Joohyun followed Seulgi with her eyes until the younger girl was out of the library.

 

She waited for Seungwan to be distracted before excusing herself.

 

"I'm just going to the restroom" Joohyun said while standing up.

 

"Okay" Seungwan said while writing something on her notebook.

 

Joohyun pursed her lips and walked out of the library.

 

"Finally! I thought you didn't get the hint" Seulgi said while leaning against the wall near the door.

 

Joohyun looked inside the library at Seungwan and then at Seulgi again.

 

"What the was that?!" Joohyun hissed.

 

Seulgi just shrugged. "I just wanted to talk to you"

 

Joohyun groaned and looked around. She saw a few students looking at them and quickly remembered who she was talking to.

 

"Let's talk somewhere else. I don't want rumors to start spreading around. Follow me" Joohyun said before walking up the stairs with Seulgi following behind.

 

She continued walking until she finally arrived at the door leading to the rooftop.

 

Joohyun looked back at Seulgi, to make sure that the younger girl was still following her, when she saw Seulgi's eyes on her instead.

 

"Yah! Where do you think you're looking at?!" Joohyun yelled and stopped walking, facing Seulgi completely.

 

Seulgi grinned. "You have beautiful pair of legs and mesmerizing unnie" 

 

Joohyun's face became red in both anger and embarrassment. "S-Shut up you ert!" She yelled before opening the door. "You go first!"

 

Seulgi chuckled and walked through the doorway. "So.. are we going to talk in here?" She said while looking around the empry rooftop. "I didn't know you like breaking rules too unnie."

 

"This rooftop is open for anyone. Nobody just likes going in here because they hate going up and down the stairs." Joohyun explained. "And I was going to bring you to an empty classroom, to have a bit of privacy, but this might be a better idea instead. Especially after learning that you're a ert!" She glared at Seulgi.

 

"Why do you need some privacy? You're thinking of doing something naughty, huh?" Seulgi said while walking towards Joohyun with a smirk. "We can do it here, if you want"

 

"Y-Yah! Stop right there!" Joohyun said while pointing at Seulgi in warning and backing away slowly. 

 

"Make me" Seulgi said while continuing to walk towards Joohyun.

 

Joohyun's heartbeat quickened when she felt railings on her back. She has nowhere to go anymore.

 

She looked around and then looked at Seulgi again. "I'm warning you! You better stop moving now or else I'll... I'll scream!"

 

"If you do that, then I'll kiss you" Seulgi said without stopping.

 

Joohyun panicked when Seulgi was only a few inches away from her now. "S-Stop" She said weakly.

 

"You want to scream right?" Seulgi asked as she placed both hands on the railings, on either side of Joohyun's body. Trapping the older girl. "Then scream." She dared.

 

Joohyun gulped and turned her head to the side t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter