Chapter 5

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Joohyun cleared and smiled. "Hi, Seulgi. I'm sorry for last Friday night. Here's a gift for you. I hope you can forgive me?" She looked at herself in the mirror and groaned. "Why did I looked constipated?"

 

She went back to her bed and lied down on it. She closed her eyes and began remembering her conversation with Yongsun yesterday.

 

 

Flashback

 

"I thought we're going to the mall?" Joohyun said as she and Yongsun got out of the taxi and looked around. "Why are we here at the amusement park?" 

 

Yongsun fixed her clothes and smiled. "Because I want to relax and I know that you need it too" 

 

Joohyun frowned. "What about the dress that you were planning to buy? For your cousin's birthday party?" 

 

"I already bought one a week ago." Yongsun began walking towards the entrance with Joohyun. "And you know that it was just an excuse, to save your because I know that you'll feel awkward if you visit Seulgi now. Especially after what happened last night" 

 

Joohyun pursed her lips. 

 

Yongsun was right. She would totally feel awkward with Seulgi after what she said last night.

 

She realized that she had been too harsh on Seulgi. She didn't even let the younger girl explain her side. 

 

"Where do you want to go?" Yongsun asked as she looked at the different rides from a distance.

 

"Is it okay if we just walk around first?" Joohyun said.

 

"Okay" 

 

They began walking around the amusement park aimlessly, while deciding on which ride they would like to try first.

 

Joohyun cleared . "By the way. I want to apologize for snapping at you last night. I was just stressed at that time."

 

"It's fine. I know that I was being pushy anyway and I apologize for that" Yongsun apologized too.

 

"It's okay." Joohyun smiled a bit. "And it's not that I don't want to tell you" She quickly clarified. "It's just... hard to talk about because it's something that's so painful, I wish to forget about it already"

 

Yongsun wrapped her arms around Joohyun's shoulder. "I've already forgiven you, so don't worry about it, okay? And you don't have to force yourself to tell me anything. I'll just wait until you're ready"

 

"Thank you" Joohyun smiled again, more genuinely this time.

 

Yongsun smiled back. "So... should we buy cotton candies?" She asked while pointing at the cotton candy stand. 

 

Joohyun nodded.

 

They bought two cotton candies and began walking around again.

 

"You know, if I didn't know that you have feelings for Seungwan, I would have thought that you have feelings for Seulgi instead" Yongsun said nochalantly while eating her cotton candy.

 

Joohyun covered and coughed. She couldn't believe Yongsun's randomness sometimes.

 

"Yah! How could you even say that?" Joohyun glared at Yongsun.

 

Yongsun chuckled. "It's just that you acted like a jealous girlfriend, who caught her lover cheating on her, when you confronted them. The only missing thing was, you throwing a drink on the girl's face"

 

Joohyun blushed and looked away. "My mind went blank at that time. I didn't even realized what I did, until I was in my room and replaying what happened in my mind. I even probably hurt Seulgi's feelings with my words too." 

 

Yongsun nodded. "I admit it, you were kind of a to her last night." 

 

Joohyun sighed. "Seungwan would be so dissappointed in me once she finds out about it" 

 

"Erm.. I'm sure Seungwan would be more dissapointed in herself than in you. I mean she was the one who introduced you and Seulgi to each other, even though she already knows about what happened to you in the past" Yongsun quickly covered when she realized what she had just said.

 

Joohyun bit her lips. It didn't really crossed her mind that Seungwan would feel that way. 

 

"What should I do? I don't want to make Seungwan to feel guilty. She was just being nice to someone" Joohyun looked at Yongsun desperately.

 

Yongsun scratched her head. "Well... um... you can always hide what happened to Seungwan...?"

 

"I thought you wanted me to tell her what happened? Why are you suddenly suggesting that I hide it from her now?" Joohyun frowned.

 

"I realized that I shouldn't interfere like that. Especially since I don't know what's really going on." Yongsun trailed off.

 

"I'm really sorry." Joohyun looked at Yongsun apologetically again.

 

"No. Don't apologize. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty or anything. What I'm trying to say is. You know Seungwan better. So you should do, what you feel is right."

 

Joohyun pursed her lips and sighed. "I'm sure Seungwan will get disappointed more, if she finds out about what happened from other people. So I guess I'll just tell her"

 

Yongsun patted Joohyun's back. "Don't worry. I'll help you explain everything to her if you want"

 

"Thanks" Joohyun smiled at Yongsun, but then frowned. 

 

"Why? What's wrong?" 

 

"It's about Seulgi" Joohyun paused and sighed. "I want to apologize to her, for how I treated her last night, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I mean... everytime I see Seulgi, I'm always reminded of what she really is and it's making me angry" 

 

"I know it's hard, but if it's for your own peace of mind, then you should do it."

 

"You're right. I should apologize for my own sake. And the sooner I apologize the bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter