Chapter 4

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Do I really have to go?" Joohyun whined as she stared at Seungwan's reflection in the mirror.

 

They were now inside Joohyun's room. Seungwan was there to help Joohyun with her makeup and also make sure that Joohyun would go with her, to meet their friends from highschool.

 

"Unnie, you already promised Yongsun unnie that we will go, right? So you can't back out now" Seungwan said as she finished putting blush on, on Joohyun's cheeks.

 

"Yeah, but I didn't know that we will be going to a club. I thought we were going to watch a movie or something" Joohyun said worriedly.

 

It wasn't the first time that she would go to a club, but she didn't have any good experience from the first time she went there. That's why she was reluctant to go again.

 

"Don't worry unnie. Yongsun unnie said that the club is owned by her older brother's friend. And we will also be staying at a private room, so we should be fine."

 

"Okay. If you say so." Joohyun sighed and let Seungwan finish what she was doing. She couldn't refuse Seungwan anyway.

 

"Done." Seungwan smiled and looked at Joohyun. "You look hot unnie" 

 

"Thanks" Joohyun said shyly.

 

It wasn't the first time that Seungwan called her 'hot' or complimented her beauty, but she still feel shy everytime she heard it from the younger girl.

 

She wouldn't deny the fact that she had been thinking about confessing to Seungwan for awhile now, but she was afraid that it would ruin their friendship, should things go wrong. That's why she decided not to.

 

"Are you ready, unnie?" Seungwan asked as she fixed her clothes.

 

Joohyun checked her appearance in the mirror one last time before nodding.

 

Seungwan smiled and offered her hand. "Let's go" 

 

----------------

 

"Cheers!" Joohyun and her friends yelled as they clinked their glasses together.

 

They were now at the private room in the club, drinking, after dancing their hearts out earlier.

 

"It's been awhile since we've gathered around like this right?" Seungwan asked after taking a sip from her drink.

 

"Yeah. The last time we met was summer last year, I think?" Yongsun said.

 

"Woah. You're right, unnie! It's really been awhile. We all got busy after that. So we weren't able to hangout again" Minji said while taking her phone out.

 

"I think being in a different universities and having different schedules made it difficult for us to see each other too." Joohyun said.

 

"Yeah" Seungwan said.

 

"Sorry guys I need to make a phone call" Minji said before going out of the room.

 

They all nodded and reminded Minji to be careful.

 

Yongsun looked at Joohyun and smirked. "Must be nice to be in the same university as Seungwan, right? Hyunnie?"

 

Joohyun glanced at Yongsun and then looked back down at her drink.

 

She knows that Yongsun has been suspecting that she has feelings for Seungwan for a while now. And it's making her feel uneasy.

 

"Yes! Of course!" Seungwan answered instead and then wrapped her right arm around Joohyun's shoulder. "It's great to have Joohyun unnie around. She's always there whenever I needed help with something" 

 

"Yeah" Joohyun chuckled and then took a sip from her drink. Hoping that her face wasn't that red.

 

"You two look cute together. You two should date instead" Yongsun teased while still observing Joohyun's reaction.

 

Joohyun choked on her drink and coughed. She quickly put her drink back down and grabbed a tissue to wipe .

 

"Yah! Yongsun unnie, stop joking around like that. Look at what you did" Seungwan said while patting Joohyun's back gently. 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I won't anymore" Yongsun apologized while chuckling.

 

"I'm just going to the bathroom" Joohyun said before standing up and going out of the room.

 

She needed to get out of there as soon as possible before she accidentally confess her feelings for Seungwan.

 

"Hyun! Wait! I'll go with you" 

 

Joohyun stopped and turned to the voice. She saw Yongsun approaching and sighed. 

 

"If you're just going to continue teasing me, then I suggest you go back inside now because I'm not in the mood." Joohyun said before continuing her walk, leaving her friend behind.

 

Yongsun followed Joohyun. "Okay. I'll stop teasing... only if you admit that you have feelings for her" 

 

Joohyun pursed her lips and sighed. "Fine. I admit it. I like her. Happy now?"

 

Yongsun chuckled when she saw Joohyun's cheeks getting red. "Who would have thought that the cold and quiet princess from Daegu would fall for the friendly and charming Canadian, huh?" 

 

"Shut up! Someone might hear you" Joohyun hissed while walking past the bar area.

 

Yongsun laughed, but then stopped when she saw something. "Wait Hyun! Let's watch some free show first" She said while grabbing Joohyun's arm, stopping her from walking.

 

"What are you talking abo-" Joohyun frowned and looked at Yongsun, but then froze when she saw a familiar figure sitting at the bar, while being kissed on the neck by the girl.

 

The two looked like they were lost in their own world. Not minding the people around them, looking at them in both interest and disgust.

 

"Do you think they're a couple or something?" Yongsun asked while looking at the two, not realizing that Joohyun was already fuming beside her.

 

"That player! I knew that she wouldn't change! I just knew it!" Joohyun hissed while balling her hands into a fist.

 

Yongsun looked at Joohyun and raised her brows. "You know one of them?" 

 

"Yes, unfortunately" Joohyun said through gritted teeth before approaching the two. 

 

"Kang Seulgi!" Joohyun yelled, startling Seulgi and the girl. 

 

She saw Seulgi push the girl away before turning around with wide eyes.

 

"Joohyun unnie?" Seulgi looked at Joohyun nervously before looking at the girl she just pushed and then back at Joohyun again. "I-uh... it's not what you think" 

 

Joohyun glared at Seulgi. "Did you know that I hate players like you? I didn't even want to be friends with you in the first place. I was just tolerating you because of Seungwan. She believes that everyone should be given a chance to change. But I guess it won't apply to you huh? Because once a player will always be a player!" Joohyun spatted out angrily.

 

"I'm sorry, unnie" Seulgi apologized while looking down on the floor.

 

Yongsun didn't know what was going on, but they were attracting a lot of attention already, so she decided to interfere.

 

"Hyun, I think it's best if we go somewhere private, so you two can talk freely there" 

 

"No need. We're done talking anyway" Joohyun glared at Seulgi one last time before turning around and walking away.

 

She continued walking until she got inside the bathroom. She walked towards the sink and leaned on it before closing her eyes. Calming herself down.

 

"What was that all about?" Yongsun asked as soon as she entered the bathroom. "Why did you reacted that way?" 

 

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk about it right now" Joohyun opened her eyes and then turned the tap on before washing her hands.

 

"And can you please not tell Seungwan about this? I don't want her to worry" She continued before turning the tap off and then grabbing a handful of tissues to dry her hands.

 

Yongsun frowned. "Why would Seungwan worry? What's really going on?" 

 

 Joohyun sighed and looked at Yongsun. "I'll tell you all about it. But not right now. I'm still not ready yet. I'm sorry"

 

Yongsun was a bit confused, but nodded anyway. She won't force Joohyun to talk to her if she's not ready.

 

"Thanks" Joohyun smiled before checking her appearance in the mirror and walking back out of the bathroom with Yongsun towing behind.

 

She glanced at the bar area, to see if Seulgi was still there, but didn't see her or the girl anymore.

 

"If you're looking for that girl named Seulgi, she already left with that girl she was with" Yongsun said after noticing where Joohyun was looking at.

 

"I don't care" Joohyun said through gritted teeth.

 

Yongsun blinked a few times and then tilted her head to the side. Observing Joohyun.

 

"I can feel your eyes on me Kim Yongsun. Stop it" Joohyun said without looking at her friend.

 

Yongsun opened to ask something. But decided not to and just keep it to herself. She didn't want Joohyun to be angry at her too.

 

They continued walking silently, until they arrived back at their private room.

 

"We're back!" Yongsun announced as soon as they got inside.

 

Seungwan pouted. "What took you guys so long? It's so boring being alone in here" 

 

"I'm sorry. There was a long line in the bathroom" Joohyun lied and sat down beside Seungwan.

 

"Huh? Minji is not back yet?" Yongsun asked when she noticed that their other friend was still missing.

 

"Yeah. I tried calling her, but it wouldn't go through" Seungwan said while looking at her phone.

 

"Maybe she's still talking to someone on the phone? I mean she did say that she'll make a phone call right?" Yongsun said while grabbing her drink and gulping it down.

 

Joohyun frowned. "Should we go and check on her?" 

 

"We'll give it a few more minutes. If she still won't come back. Then we'll go and find her."

 

They all agreed and began talking about rand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter