20

I just wanna go home

 

 

As the first month of Sunmi living with Jihyo came to a close, Chungha had started becoming very vocal about the lack of activities between her and her supposed girlfriend. Sunmi complained to her wife about having to see the younger woman and Jihyo suggested she just break things off with her former campaign manager already. And that’s how we are here.

 

Jihyo’s contacts had given her the green light to proceed with the plan and she knew everything would be taken care of promptly. Commissary Choi had explained that he was ready and waiting for the precise moment to erase everything Chungha had managed to gather during the meeting they had last week. Jihyo informed them this breakup dinner was about to happen and the man told her to call him and keep him in the line as she observed the two. 

 

Sunmi had been told by her wife that things had been taken care of, and not to fall for anything Chungha might claim she had, as there would be nothing left by the time the young woman left the restaurant. The detective sat at a table strategically placed so she could see them but remain out of sight. With all the pieces in place, Chungha arrived exactly five minutes early and looked pretty innocent as she usually did. 

 

The conversation seemed to be going fine, until dessert arrived, and Jihyo saw a clear change in the mood. Sunmi looked like she was doing her breakup speech or something, and Chungha looked ultimately pissed. Both still keeping their voices down and movements contained, though. Jihyo had already told Commissary Choi to start moving and he had already ordered his team to begin erasing all of the woman’s devices, swipe her cloud clean and clear out the places where she frequented. 

 

They had the knowledge of Kim Chungha’s entire life already and had easily struck a deal to gain access to her room at the shady organization she was a part of. Under the guise of debt collectors without patience, they talked to the leader of that branch and the man said he could cover the debt, Choi’s agent argued back that Chungha said she had the money and he just wanted to look for it and would leave them alone. The leader insisted, but agreed to let the agent look, he would ‘help out’ as well, for the supposed amount was too high. The agent his interference device the moment he stepped into the organization and his team was already halfway through cleaning everything out by the time they got to her room.

 

All of this was happening simultaneous to the breakup dinner, Sunmi had also been informed to hold Chungha there for as long as possible, so she was absentmindedly taking all the slander being thrown at her by the younger woman. She would pay attention when a threat was thrown here and there, but tuned out pretty much everything else. The table had been bugged too, and the entire conversation was being recorded by Choi’s team, there were also some other agents scattered around the restaurant in case things went south.

 

All in all, it was progressing well. Jihyo noticed the former manager was coming to a close on whatever she had been saying and warned the commissary to speed things up as they would be running out of time soon. Not even ten minutes after that, Chungha was still raging and Jihyo was informed it was all clear. She signaled Sunmi that it was done and the woman sighed in relief, she was honestly getting bored with this whole thing, but Chungha seemed to take the sigh as condescending and started on another tangent before being promptly cut off.

 

“... and you clearly kno-” 

 

“This has been boring.” Sunmi cuts in, seeing the younger woman splutter. “Look, you can say whatever you want and rage as much as you want. We both knew this was only lasting until elections were over.”

 

“How dare-”

 

“Oh, sweetie.” Sunmi chucked. “This was fun, but it lasted much more than it should. Now I’m telling you it's over and you should move on. We did good work together and you certainly learned a lot about the business. Now, you put it on your resume and move onto another job.”

 

“This isn’t over.” Chungha says and storms out.

 

Jihyo approaches and motions to the back, they had already set everything up with the restaurant, having chosen this one exactly because it offered an alternative exit route. It was famous with high profile people and the staff was used to guiding their patrons out back. They left quickly, and right on time too, as Chungha came back inside looking a bit manic. Commissary Choi’s agents were still around, the ones escorting them were already on the job and the ones inside couldn’t remain anonymous if they left immediately.

 

As they entered her house, Jihyo received a message that everything was set and she relaxed with the knowledge that they were in the clear and Chungha will soon complicate herself with petty revenge. You see, Sunmi will be speaking to quite a few important names in a couple of days and there will be a lot of press as well. Jihyo had speculated that the girl would want revenge and herself and Sunmi recorded a few videos and audios to replace the ones she had. 

 

And just like magic, as Sunmi was finished with her introductions, her presentation was disturbed by a raging Chungha, who looked too smug standing there. The younger woman started raging about how SUnmi was a dirty cheater and Jihyo was just a sad fool who knew her wife didn’t love her and was cheating but still accepted it all because she wanted to look less loveless. And then she signaled to whomever she got to control the video to play what she believed was proof of her claims.

 

What the young woman didn’t know, however, was how truly good detective Park really was at her job, Jihyo knew some sort of public show would happen and it would be as flashy as possible. With that in mind, what the audience saw were clips of herself and Sunmi at the politician’s apartment, looking every bit the perfect couple they sell themselves as. The couple cuddling on the couch while watching movies, running after each other as Sunmi flees with something that looks like Jihyo’s phone in hand, laughing when she gets caught. Jihyo waiting for her wife on the same couch, sleepily but surely happily welcoming her wife home late. 

 

Chungha doesn’t understand where those images even came from, last she knew, Jihyo had stopped dropping by weeks into her relationship with Sunmi. Then she looks angrily to whomever was in charge of playing those and the audio clips start playing. For those, they hear Jihyo and Sunmi discussing pets, the detective arguing that Ppuyo was enough and the older woman wining that she would like a ferret (the attendees chuckle at the pet choice). There are also a few recordings of Jihyo scolding her wife for her habit of leaving little ingredients leftovers and declaring they would be using those and not opening another pack of anything.

 

All the data Chungha had been proudly keeping as her blackmail trophies had been replaced for wholesome married life moments they acted out when Jihyo proposed the idea of replacing the data but keeping the file names, instead of simply erasing them. It wouldn’t draw attention to the lost info, as Chungha was the cockiest, most presumptuous little mole Jihyo had ever seen. The detective was certain she wouldn’t check what she had, trusting that her little trophies were safe and sound no matter what. 

 

When it was enough, and Chungha looked like she was a giggle away from jumping Sunmi, Jihyo gestured for ‘security’ to move in and capture the woman. Security turned out to be planted agents and Chungha would be taken to a very special place, that supposedly doesn’t exist, and interrogated by commissary Choi himself before being charged for absolutely everything they could pin on her. Not before she was made to sing like a bird, that was.