Healing Heart 2

Love, Life and everything in between (Seohyun's Oneshot stories)

 

I rush into the building with unbelievable speed. My steps are faster than they ever were as my heart thumps excitedly. Some pairs of eyes look at me weirdly, some people bow their heads which I don’t have time to politely return them and some people just stay rooted or giving me a way. I am pretty sure that I look like a madman in an emergency as bad as having to help someone who’s dying. Not for meeting his girlfriend, in which is actually my only reason to run as speedy as I can towards the practice room. The corners of my lips curl into a wide smile the moment I spot the familiar door. Voices from inside echo along the hall, bringing up my excitement even more. Her melodious laugh rings in my ears and a wave of happiness comes filling every nerve inside my body. I have missed how crunchy that sounds, how delightful, how calming. True, I have met her several weeks ago and usually it would take at least a month until I could see her again. Looking at her schedule now, I had been depressed about how packed it is. And that coincidentally overlaps with my own, her having her schedule while I am completely free and her having all free time while I am working my off perfecting our next album. Imagine my joy though when I received her text earlier this evening, saying that she reserved the rest of the day for us. With addition of tomorrow as a bonus. She usually will take her much-deserved rest whenever there is a blank spot in her tight schedule. Not once she would come meet me because she was immensely tired and I understood as I do the same thing anyway. So, when I woke up from my nap today, I thought I was given a jackpot while carefully scanning each of her words.

 

“Look who’s here, Hyunnie!” Tiffany smiles at me the moment I open the door, winking playfully and motion to get inside. I high-fived her before darting my eyes to the goddess of mine. She is wearing these casual clothes for practice. Sweat dripping all over but still, she looks as beautiful as ever. I wonder if there’s such crime for being too pretty, she would be in jail for a lifetime.

 

“AUGH! Boyfie is coming~” Taeyeon giggles, pushing the younger girl who is holding her bag towards me.

 

“You’re early” is her first word, said with such sweet tone that instantly melts my heart. Damn, whenever I am with her, words just fail through me. I cannot utter even a proper hello and just stand there, admiring every feature. And to think we’ve been together for years already, the fact still amazes me. Her effect never once gone, instead it accumulates and piles up even more.

 

“Let me take a quick shower and I’ll meet you in the lobby, Oppa” she tiptoes to peck my right cheek, jolting several kinds of feelings within me. I grin at her, giving a nod and step away when I hear Taeyeon coos “Yun Oppa always act like an 18 years old boy facing his first love whenever he is with Joohyunnie”

 

“Hey I heard that!” I protest to the SNSD leader.

 

“Are you going to deny it, Oppa? I have all the evidence you need” I blink several times, trying so hard not to give away any expression. One wrong move and this will be the topic of the month among all SMTown.

 

“Tae Unnie, quit it” My girlfriend comes to the rescue, dragging the leader with her. “I am sorry, Oppa” she smiles at me. “Oh, and Super Junior Oppas are downstairs if you get bored waiting”

 

“Got it”

 

“I’ll meet you in a while” her back turns to mine before finally exiting with her 2 older sisters. And I bring my feet downstairs to meet the other guys.

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I start my engine as soon as I see her walking towards me. In her hands is a gold box which she holds tightly. Her hair bounces up and down in rythm as she playfully jumps a little, knowing that my eyes are on her.

 

"Hello beautiful" I say cheekily when she opens the door and bend down to step in. She reaches out her hand, looking down shyly at her other hand. My eyes follow every move, going back and forth to her and the gold box she offers. A wide smile spreads on my lips as I realize what that means.

 

"My lunch box?" I ask though knowing exactly the answer.

 

"I know it's not lunch time anymore. It even passed dinner time. But I made it from scratch, pouring all my love--" I don't let her finish her sentence. My lips crash onto hers, taking her into a longing kiss. I've missed her so much that I nearly went crazy. And heck, I don't care if it's past lunch or dinner time or whatever, the thought itself worths more than anything. I'm sure I won't even think about how it tastes, for her determination is already the sweetest ever. She is gasping for air, her hands land on my chest and softly push me away. I stop, but my eyes never leave hers. She is beaming at me, her lips are rosy red, making her look so damn innocent yet y. Is that even possible? I don't know. But it just seems the right way to describe it.

 

"Won't you take a look at it?"

 

"Sure" I excitedly open the box, revealing the neatly-made food. It has eggs, sausage, bean and rice as well as other vegetables. But what made my heart swells in so much happiness is the way she arranges it carefully so that it would resemble my face. A chuckle escapes deep from my throat as I admire how detailed it is.

 

"Thank you, Joohyun-ah" it comes out as barely a whisper. I don't know how but this simple action really tugs the strings in my heart. My eyes get teary, a wave of emotion rushing and crashing inside. And just then, her fingers interlaced with mine, hold it tigthly yet gently. She leans her head on my shoulder, her breaths steady and calming.

 

"I'm not a posession to be shared, Jung Yunho. So don't ever be afraid of sharing me with the world. I am just a normal girl named Seo Joohyun when I'm with you. Whose heart is wholly yours"

 

"And I'm not sharing your heart to the world"

 

"No, Yunho. You're not" she smiles a million-watt smile, her nose crinkles a little, showing me her full aegyo. I pinch her cheek before pecking her lips and laugh together.

 

"Where are we going now, Princess?"

 

"To the beach" I frown at her, eyeing her attire for the night.

 

"With a skirt?"

 

"It'll be fun" her eyes plead at me with her lips pouting a little. I really do not have enough strength to go against what she wants. So with a sigh, I nod and drive off. Along the way, her head is placed on my shoulder as our hands keep tangled to one another.

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

We walk hand-in-hand, our steps match with each other as she slightly rocks our hand. There is this beautiful and meaningful smile on her face. Her long hair cascades her chubby cheeks, her eyes directed to me, showing the sparkles which never fail to make my heart flutters. My lips instantly curl up when she stops and turns her body towards mine. She stands in front of me, while the water keeps crashing onto our feet. She looks at me intently, letting go of our tangled hands and ever so slowly walks closer. I unconsciously hold my breath, like I always do whenever she decides to do the first move. The moment her lips crash on mine, I am immediately intoxicated. Her sweet scent filling up my nose. Her delicate finger holds onto my shoulders, preventing her from falling. My hands find their way onto her tiny waist, and wrap it as gentle as possible. Her tongue slips inside my mouth, sending shivers all over my body. I nibble on her lower lips, it while following her rhythm. She seems like taking her time, tracing the carven of my mouth carefully, every corner. I can feel goose-bumps all over my body. My mind has completely gone off as she is the only person in my care right now. I deepen the kiss by harder. One of my hands trail up to rest on her head and pulls her closer. Her raged breath fills our heated kiss then she pulls away. There is this glint in her eyes that I cannot decrypt. Something is up on her sleeves, I know.

 

“I am sorry” She says in almost inaudible whisper.

 

“For…?”

 

“Maybe you’ll be angry at me after this. But… I wish I am doing the right thing”

 

I frown at her, my smile instantly disappear. I have no idea what she’s talking about and my guts tell me that it’s not something I will like. So I step back a little, studying her nervous state. She looks down on her feet, fingers fidgeting and her body cannot stop moving on its own. She starts to bite her lips and fearfully try to find my eyes.

 

“What did you do?”

 

Instead of answering my question, she looks past my shoulder. My head turns on her sight and very much surprised to find Jaejoong standing behind me. I shift back my gaze to the impossible girl. I feel instant anger shoots up, my body shakes slightly when I grab her arm.

 

“What is this?” I ask her in a harsh voice, something I actually don’t want to happen. I never talk to her like this and the change in her face tells me that she is a little scared. Trying to calm the beast in me, I take several deep breaths.

 

“You cannot run forever” she answers me. A determination arises inside her and transpired on her brown eyes. “Jae Oppa” the next thing I know, she is no longer in my sight. Her body is standing beside me while her gaze is directed opposite mine. “I’ll leave you guys a minute” she whispers, announcing her departure. My fist clenches on its own. This is the rare time when I feel like knocking some sense in her brain. There is this urge to yell at her for being stupid and act like she knows everything. I don’t need this, not now, and definitely not alone. I hate when she makes decision on her own and that concerns my feelings. She should have asked for my permission.

 

“Yun—“ I shut my eyes tight when I hear the raspy voice from behind me. One voice that I haven’t heard for a long time. I don’t know how many years have gone by since the last time I talk to him directly.

 

“Jaejoong” his name rolls on my tongue and that feels so foreign. I haven’t said their names for a while so saying it again feels a little awkward yet bringing sense of familiarity.

 

“How are you?”

 

Without me knowing, I scoff at his question. “Seohyun, huh?”

 

I can sense a person walking towards me and stops right beside me. A gap between us is considerably large. I ask myself how come we can be this distant. We used to be the closest people ever, all 5 of us. But now, we cannot even stand near each other.

 

“Seohyun called me, actually”

 

I sigh, this information is somehow not new. I just know, this must be Seo Joohyun’s impossible idea. “Of course she did.”

 

Jaejoong chuckles a little and I brave myself to look at his silhouette. “The same sweet Joohyun”

 

Nodding along, I begin to play with the sand under my feet. We fall into unbelievably torturing silence. There are so many things to say but I don’t know where to start and he too doesn’t know how to make things better. We have been apart for so long that the enormous pain has been locked away, dangerously waiting to be awakened. One wrong line and hell can break loose.

 

“I am so sorry, Yunho” his voice feigning regret and sincerity. “I know it’s too late to say this now. But… I truly am sorry. All three of us.”

 

Jaejoong says each word carefully, maybe afraid if this will trigger something bad. However, I manage to calmly ask him “Did it hurt for you too?” it’s something I have been asking myself.

 

“You have no idea” the bitterness once again is carried in his voice. I gulp. My mind asks question like “Then why did you do it?” but quickly brushes it away. There is no need in bringing that up now. It happened long ago, few years back, and knowing the answer won’t change anything.

 

We both stare at the endless water before us. The wind breeze blows gently, accompanying the silence that once again filling this meeting. Things I want to let out seem stuck in my throat as I cannot trust my own voice.

 

"I don't know what to say, really. Other than series of apologies, I know nothing else appropriate to say to you" jaejoong breaks the ice once again, sharing my sentiment exactly.

 

"I'm sorry too, Jae. Really" I pause. "For, you know, hurtful things I've ever said or done to you guys"

 

"Yunho, I'm pretty sure all of us were hurting each other that moment. We were at our worst, I expected nothing but curses flying here and there"

 

"Yeah, I know what you mean" my knees start to hurt from too much standing. So I take several steps back to find a dry land. Jaejoong follows after me, sitting a few palms away.

 

"Sometimes I regret things have to be this way"

 

"Really?" I ask in disbelief. The not-so-nice memory is now coming back. One by one fills my mind and leave another twitch in my heart.

 

"Seriously, Jung Yunho... Though we eventually got separated, doesn't mean that the three of us don't treasure you guys" Deep inside, I feel the same way. No matter how disappointed or angry I am, they still mean a lot to me. The journey we went through wasn't a short or an easy one. How I am able to stand where I am now is somehow their doings too. They worked hard, we worked hard, together, building our dreams and hopes in those drops of sweat and tears. In short, there is no way to throw them just like that and forget we have ever known each other. No, that's just impossible.

 

"We have tried calling you guys. But most of the time, we hung up before it even rang. We were loss for words and we didn't know how to lessen the tense"

 

"Believe me, I did the same thing" I sprawl my legs outwards, relaxing a bit. "I got panic attacks. I didn't know what I was supposed to say once the call gets through"

 

"Ironic, isn't it? We used to annoy each other by tons of prank calls, not minding how it will irritate the victim"

 

"Those good times"

 

"Those real good times" he seconds after me with a sigh and a forced chuckle.

 

"There were so many things I want to ask to you, Yoochun and Junsu. I even wrote a list of those" my eyes start to get teary. Damn I hate it when a thing like this comes to me while I'm totally unprepared. "But there is no use in that anymore"

 

We look at each other's faces briefly before turning away. "We were so scared when we went on stage for the first time after that. I wondered since when did the stage become so big and horrifying, and also empty."

 

"Not to mention it becomes so strange, like you've never been on one before"

 

"Exactly" I nod along with him. "It was so weird when it's just three of us sitting in front of TV and watch the two of you on stage. Junsu would blabber on how he missed the maknae's laugh or your random silliness"

 

"Jae, there's never a day when I don't miss us 5 together, creating such havoc in our dorm" I take in the fresh air, tint of saltiness creeps up. "To say that I wasn't mad is going to be a lie. I was furious as well as feeling betrayed. The stress was too much to take. Every night before closing my eyes, the last thing I had in mind was what I am going to do from now on and ask myself if there is any way I can fix us"

 

"We weren't damaged, Yunho. We didn't need fixing"

 

"Yeah. That I came to realize later" I smile a little to him. "We've been together for so many years so I just couldn't understand how the hell we turned upside down in a flash. It was too painful, confusing and scary at the same time. I couldn't help but think that I was failing as the leader of the group and that everything was my fault"

 

From the corner of my eyes, I can see Jaejoong looks down while shaking his head. Of course, I know how he always opposes my way of thinking that a leader is responsible for everything happens within the group. He used to say that sometimes, it's individual's wrong doing that I couldn't control.

 

"Someone told me, though, that there are things in life that you cannot neither forced upon nor gain control over them. That the best thing could happen out of the worst misery. One other thing she said was... Beyond tears, there are hidden smiles that await to be discovered. Then I knew, however it turned out to be, it was for the best. So over the past years, I am trying to let everything go and let the past be the past. I cannot turn back time, it's better to move on than keep regretting things. Now I realize, I want to start new without any more grudges. Doesn't mean I want to forget you guys. But I don't want to hold on to the miserable feelings anymore"

 

Jaejoong snickers beside me, his lips form a smirk which I don't really know the meaning of. "The power of Seo Joohyun, really" he shakes his head. "That girl's maturity goes beyond years. Turns out that it's her biggest charm. I used to be so worried about you being not compatible together. I was wrong, I see"

 

"I'm amazed myself" for real! When we first got together, it started off with me leading everything. I kind of lost track on when the table turned, but it did. She somehow became the one leading me in most times. And I became an open book she could easily read. Just like now.

 

"Is Minnie doing fine?"

 

"He is. He's doing beyond okay, I guess. He gets his Kyu-line now. Damn those guys are seriously dangerous"

 

"They have power over their hyungs even before forming the group"

 

"Imagine how they've become now" I let myself chuckle. This is surprisingly easy, how we fall back into the old pattern. Me and Jaejoong worrying about maknae while Junsu and Yoochun will bug him endless, those times feel like yesterday. My heart swells in happiness as I realize that it doesn't have to be mere memory. That we can still be brothers, though not in the same group. Maybe DBSK doesn't stand as 5 anymore, but us as 5 individuals can stay as brothers in real life. That too doesn't have to end, does it?

 

"Jae... Tell me... Do you want us to meet together and catch up? I've missed you guys..." The words are said very carefully. I don't know what to expect, but a rejection will hurt me greatly, that much I acknowledge.

 

"I'd love to, Yunho. Will Changminnie be okay, though?"

 

Yeah, Changmin. Among all of us, he is the most silent one about his feeling. Never did he actually say how he actually felt about the separation. Nor did he ever protest, or cry, or angry. He was just being the cool Changmin whom I knew was actually locking his own misery inside his heart. I've tried to make him open up but the thing I could get out of him was that he was disappointed and felt betrayed, but that's it. He didn't go ballistic, didn't yell, didn't seem bothered but his eyes were conveying what he couldn't do verbally. And for now, I can only think of one person who can get him out. Who else other than Seo Joohyun, whom shares the similar trait as him, can handle this?

 

"He will"

 

"Joohyun?" I titter, but nod anyway. Well, Jaejoong seems to read my mind. And not like he's wrong or anything.

 

"Yeah"

 

"She has grown up. I was surprised. Our little Joohyunnie is now a lady. A goddess. Junsu gawks--" I glare at Jae to make him stop. "At Taeyeon" he finishes nervously. "Damn I'll be like you too if I have Joohyunnie as my girfriend"

 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

 

"This protective. I've never seen this side of you. It's kinda refreshing"

 

I frown at him, not fully understanding what he means by that. Suddenly, he stands up and looks down at me. "Speaking of your girlfriend, I think we've made her wait long enough"

 

Oh ! Right! She was here with me! Damn it, how long has it been, again? And this is a cold night too! She was wearing that stupid skirt which is too short for a time like this. "Argh, I completely left my mind somewhere. Damn it, I need to find her!"

 

"Relax, Yun. She is hiding behind the coconut tree. With that cute pink bow, I can totally see her" Jae sighs then giggles, his eyes looking beyond us and his hand holds his laughter. "Haha, she's so cute! Look how hard she tries to not be caught!"

 

"Jae, stop laughing! She may realize that we know where she is hiding"

 

"I feel like pinching her cheeks. I miss her chubby cheeks. Look how skinny the girl is. Ouch, my little Joohyun"

 

"She is MY little Joohyun, Jaejoong. Not yours"

 

Jaejoong shakes his head and starts to walk ahead of me. "2 years and you stop sharing things with me"

 

"What about sharing Changmin's pranks instead? I'd gladly do so" I mutter under my breath, following behind him to walk over my girl. From where I am standing, or walking, I can see her body shivers and her feet keep stomping the ground to dismiss the cold. I feel like running to her but that damn Jaejoong has beaten me into it.

 

"Boo!"

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!"

 

I groan when I hear her scream. That really wasn't necessary to scare her off like that. I fasten my pace, ready to hug her but then I hear her hearty laugh.

 

"Oppa! Ah, jinjja! That nearly killed me, you know"

 

"Aigoo, you're so cute" I see how Jaejoong pinches her cheeks and then I run, out of my own mind, I run as fast as I can to them.

 

"Yah!"

 

"Aish, Yunho, relax" he waves his hand at me before looking at her again. "Joohyunnie, Oppa is so thankful for giving us the opportunity to talk. If not you, maybe none of us will take the first step. So thank you so much, words will never explain how grateful I am. Thank you"

 

She looks down on her feet. "It wasn't much, Oppa. I am glad that things are better. I hope Changmin Oppa, Yoochun Oppa and Junsu Oppa can join the talk soon. I'll be so happy when it happens" this girl, how does she do that? How can she make me fall for her all over again by one or two words? How can she take control over me with one touch, one subtle action or one radiant smile? How can she cruelly take my whole heart, handling it under her finger tips? How is this even possible for a girl to be as beautiful as her, inside and out?

 

"My, my. I start to envy Yunho, now" Jae dramatically sighs. "I need to get my own girl"

 

"Oppa, every girl would go head over heels for you"

 

I raise my eyebrow. "Come again?!"

 

"But not you?"

 

"But not me. Sorry Oppa" she smiles cutely at Jaejoong, then turning her head to me. Her eyes sparkle despite the dark, sending warmth all over me. Her lips curl into a smile while she mouths a silent 'I love you'. My heart starts to hammer wildly inside.

 

"Too bad"

 

She laughs.

 

"Ah, I guess I need to go now. Joohyun, can you give this to Taeyeon?"

 

"Junsu Oppa?" I raise my eyebrows again. Junsu? Still?

 

"It's better late than never, he said. He knows that she has someone else, but a delayed explanation might make things easier for both. You know, to clear everything?"

 

"Of course, I understand. I will make sure this gets to Unnie's hands"

 

"Thank you Joohyunnie" Jaejoong ruffles her hair. "Yunho-ah, need to go now. Talk to you later?"

 

"Sure, I have your number if you still use the old one"

 

"That's the one then. Just, you know, tell me the time?"

 

I nod in understanding. "I'll explain to him"

 

"Bye Yunho. Bye Joohyunnie... Don't hang around the old guy too much, okay? You have to preserve--"

 

"I AM NOT THAT OLD" he is older than me! What's he talking about hanging out with old man again?!

 

"Tsk. Anyway, I will call you later, Joohyun-ah! Thank you for today"

 

"Bye Oppa. Take care!" Is the last thing she says before Jaejoong gets into his car and speeds off.

 

"Come on, Oppa" she intertwines our hands together, softly dragging me with her. I stop on my tracks which make her do the same. Turning her body around, I envelope her into my embrace. There are so many things to say that I don't know which one I should say first. So I want to let her know, even in silence, how I am so in love with her. How thankful I am for things she does for me. How happy I am to have her as mine. How I am so unbelievably amazed by her ability to read my mind and my heart. To show her how my heart is hers, completely and undoubtedly. And to assure her that she's indeed the last one. Man, I cannot imagine life without this lady in my arms. How would I survive the pain I went through if she wasn't there?

 

She holds me tighter, patting my back as she says countless 'I love you's, coming like the sweetest melody for my ears.

 

"Stop being like this. Just stop" I hear myself say and she stiffens.

 

"I-I-I am sorry. I went overboard"

 

"No, silly girl. You didn't. I am actually... Overwhelmed. Everything you do, Joohyun, always left me speechless"

 

"No Oppa. I just made the way, still, you were the one doing all the work"

 

"How did you know that it was going to be fine, Joohyun? I could have had a big fight with Jaejoong, you know?"

 

"Because... You always have a soft spot for your brothers. No matter how hurt you are, they mean a lot for you. Also, it's about time. Your pain has subsided, what's left is the huge longing to be together with them and exchange banters like old times. You miss them more than being angry or disappointed, am I right?"

 

"Always are, baby. Am I that readable?"

 

She gives me a big laugh, holding onto my arms. "No, Oppa. You unconsciously tell me. I just thought I'll open the way. Still, you're the one making this peace possible. Does it feel better now, here?" Her hand is placed right above my heart, brushing it lightly. I know what she means and to answer her, I keep her hand still, placing my lips onto hers.

 

"Much better. Thank you, baby. I know words won't make up for it, but still... Thank you"

 

"No, Oppa. Thank you, for giving yourself a chance. And giving them a chance"

 

I stare deep into her eyes. The sparkles in them never cease to amaze me. How they light even in between dark, how pure she looks whenever she looks at me this way, how those pearls reflect her golden heart. I suddenly remember what my parents tell me about her. To cherish a girl like Joohyun, to keep her with me and to make her happy. Because she is surely one of a kind.

 

"Forever" I whisper lowly. She frowns, her face feigning confusion.

 

"What?"

 

"My time... For you" she still looks at me dubiously, I know that she doesn't get it now. But she will. One day, she'll see that my forever is reserved for her. For now, all she has to know is the fact that... "I love you, Joohyun"

 

And what I have to hold onto is her sweet whisper on my ears "I love you too, Jung Yunho", then I know we'll get there. Someday.

 

===============================================================================================================================

 

 

AN: HELLO~ 

I am back with yet another SeoYunho story..

My heart is bursting with so many emotions. I am seriously torn between so many Seo-Pairings now. But Yunho and Seohyun will make a cute couple, wouldn't they? ;)

Anyway, I also feel like Healing Heart needs a better closure thus I wrote this one.

I owned neither JYJ nor TVXQ.

But I hope they do get along, still. And brothers isn't a bond you erase in a jiffy.

I really wish no one gets offended by this :)

Also, this was unedited. Sorry for all grammar and spelling mistakes, guys~

 

ENJOY READING AS USUAL~

 

PS: ChangSeo oneshot is on the way. And also, the update for SMTOWN: this chat room has to be kept secret!! and Beautiful Disaster are currently brewing. Give me one week, max? ;)