Against the Odds

Love, Life and everything in between (Seohyun's Oneshot stories)

 

It is the usual busy day for Seo Joohyun, the just-chosen CEO of Emerald. Today is no different than other days where she cannot take a leisure time of her own or even enjoy her lunch in peace. She is going through the pile of documents she needs to review when a familiar pink envelope lays on her table. A smile instantly rose on her beautiful face as she realizes that it's been a while since she receives the last. She wouldn't ever forget even the contour of the paper, the scent and of course the handwriting. His handwriting. She opens it, finding a note inside.

 

"Just a little longer, my love.

 

Forever Yours,

JJ"

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

It was a rare occasion to see Seohyun stepping into a club, with a black-mini dress that hugs her body so perfectly. Seo Joo Hyun was not the type to go clubbing and wear such skimpy clothes. She was the epitome of innocence and the best example of a good girl. Whole Korea knew her as the only daughter of Seo Si Won, a girl whom set her bar high, never disrespect her parents and never went against them. So the moment she walked in, all eyes turned to her. Some were dumbfounded, some busy taking out their cameras, some were murmuring about it. To their oblivion, though, Seo Joo Hyun wasn't in her right mind that night. For the first time in her life, she learned about betrayal. Her most trusted people turned out to be money-driven jerks that use her for power. In society, in her company, and other stuffs. She felt sick when she found out about it, wanting to curse at them and made them suffer. It damn hurt to learn about the plain truth. She should have known for she had been warned by her parents.

 

Limply, she sat by the bar, her eyes were lifeless and unfocused. She came for just one thing, to be as drunk as possible as she was told by her 'friends' that it could wash away her problems.

 

"Give me the strongest drink available here!" She commanded the young man in front of her. He turned to look at her face clearly, knowing that instant that this girl was having a real big problem. It's written all over her face and her teary eyes. So without further argue, he went to make her drink.

 

"Drink slowly" he said, placing the small glass on the table. For a second, Seo Joohyun was lost in his innocent smile. He looked like a child, a gorgeous child that is. Brushing away her momentarily distracted mind, she proceeded to sip the alcoholic drink.

 

"Damn that's strong!" She shook her head at the sensation. The scent crept up her nose, and the effect could be felt already once she finished the glass. But no, it wasn't enough to make her really drunk the way she wanted to. "Give me another one" the same man looked at her doubtfully. Her face was already red.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Just get one for me, please"

 

And so he did.

 

"What seems to be bothering your mind, lady?" He tried to ask politely. Being a bartender for a while, he was used to be the dumping can of people's problems. It was out of his instinct to ask.

 

"Me? Naaaah. I got no problem"

 

The bartender scoffed though not pushing it further. Catching this, Seohyun shot her eyes on him.

 

"That was... Very... Impolite" she said, getting a little tipsy already. "You cannot scoff on me"

 

"Why can't I?"

 

"Because I am Seo Joohyun, that's why"

 

The bartender rolled his eyes. One thing he hated the most in this world was spoiled brats like her.

 

"Doesn't really matter to me" she heard him murmur.

 

"YAH!" She screamed. To his surprise though, she started crying. She bawled as tears streaming down. "I wish... My 'friends'... Don't care who I am. And... Like me... Personality wise" she sniffed. "Give me another glass"

 

Frowning, he shook his head. "I think you've had enough"

 

"Yea? Do you want to know what I think?" Her finger pointed at his face. "I think... I need something stronger than this!" Suddenly, she searched for something in her purse. Handing a 50000 Won bill, she said "Give me another glass and this will be yours"

 

His blood shot right up to his head. He was angry, really angry. Feeling like he was being looked-down by the drunk girl, he shooed away the money. "I'll give you the drink but I won't take your money."

 

And so he did, again. Knowing exactly that it would make the girl pass out in seconds. But who was he to even care? He despised girls like her. Whatever happened was not his responsibility.

 

But that change when guys started swarming over her, almost touching her forbidden parts. They were pulling her hands, wanting to drag her to dance with them, some even tried to kiss her. Though before it could happen, the bartender jumped on them and told them off. She was no longer sober, that he could see. Her eyes already half-opened and she started to sob.

 

He was left with no other choice than to take her to his cramped apartment since his co-workers did not want to meddle in his business. If not for his conscience, he wouldn't want to carry her on his back for a good 30 minutes until they finally reached his apartment after much difficulty. His back hurt so much, worse than he ever experienced. Gently, he put her on his bed and let himself slept on the sofa. Damn, what am I getting into? He sighed before closing his eyes. It must be the worst day in his life.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

"AAAAKKKK"

 

He jerked up from his sleep as soon as he heard a scream coming out from his bedroom. Rushing in, he found her covering her upper parts with his blanket, hair was messy and eyes were teary.

 

"You jerk!" With all force, she threw a pillow to him. "You took advantage of me!" Sobbing, she buried her face in her palms.

 

"Are you nuts? You are fully clothed and you slept in the room alone! I had to endure my hard couch to let you sleep in here!" He was getting fed up, alright. Dealing with such girl took up all of his energy.

 

She looked on her body again. True to his word, she was perfectly fine. And healthy. And didn't feel sore. Just a little headache from the hangover. But over all, she was... Not missing a thing.

 

Shyly, she smiled to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to judge you"

 

"It's okay. I got that a lot" she widened her eyes. "The judging part. Not the 'taking girl home with me' part"

 

She nodded her head in understanding before saying "I must be a burden to you. I am very sorry. I was having a very bad day and one thing I could think of was getting drunk. I have never done that before" the last part was said in whisper, but hearable to him as a smile finally appeared.

 

"It's okay. Since I have woken up, I'll make us breakfast. And I'll be your listener for today. That if you want to share your pro--"

 

"I'd love to. Just... Do you have a spare toothbrush?"

 

"Yes, it's in the drawer in the bathroom"

 

"Then I'll go freshen up a bit" hopping down the bed, she was ready to go into his small bathroom. But then turned around and asked "OH! May I know your name?"

 

The man turned. "Jinwoon. Jung Jinwoon"

 

"My name is Seo Joohyun. Nice to meet you, Jinwoon-ssi. And thank you" with that, she stepped in and closed the door, hearing Jinwoon's chuckle as she did.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Ever since that day, Seo Joohyun has changed. She became someone who was more free than reserved, smiled and laughed more than she ever did in her life, opening up more to people and shined brighter. Even her parents noticed the changes in her. They were usually too busy on their works to jot down details about their daughter. But the glow in her was so obvious that it made them frown in confusion.

 

The reason behind her happier self was none other than her new friendship with Jung Jinwoon. They spent lots of times together since that fateful day and she enjoyed every minute spent with him. It amazed her how he was so blunt telling her whatever he had in mind. Voicing out his dislikes whenever she acted like a rich spoilt brat. Introduced her to different part of the world where money was not the only thing matters. Warmth of friends and beauty of music were things among the others that she learned from him. It fascinated her how they (Jinwoon and his friends) were happy despite their not so fortunate situation. They weren't rich, for sure. But they didn't seem like they were not missing a thing. They were carefree, unlike her.

 

"You have great friends, Jung" she commented in one of the nights. Her hand still traced the tutes of the keyboard.

 

"They are. I'm lucky" he smiled at her, strumming his guitar.

 

"Very. I wish I have friends like yours. They are... Sincere. I can tell" despite the sweet melody, her heart suddenly felt gloomy at the thought. She didn't have true friends, and realized how pathetic it was. "Thank you, Jung"

 

He frowned. "For...?"

 

"For... Taking me into part of life I never knew"

 

"That money isn't everything" hearing his remark, she chuckled.

 

"Yes. I cannot believe I'm saying this, but yes. You guys look happy and complete while I'm missing... unknown things"

 

He sat up from his chair, turning her around so that their eyes met. "Stick around, Joohyun. And I'll show more"

 

Smiling at him, she nodded in excitement as she said "So now you won't be irritated if I come to you most of the nights?"

 

"Have stopped being so for a while"

 

At his words, their hearts secretly skipped a beat.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Their friendship bloomed into something they have never expected. At first, it was just her regularly come to the club and waited until his shift was over so that he could walk her home. Then it grew to the extent which she would ALWAYS be there whenever he performed with his group in small cafes around Seoul. Then they knew how much they rely on each other.

 

Feelings grew into something they could not control. Hearts fluttering whenever they met. And when his hand brushed hers, they would turn their faces away while blushing furiously. He was crazy for her, that's what Seulong said. Jinwoon never felt this way before for a girl. Never this strong, never this joyful, never so overwhelming.

 

And for her, everything was new. She never trusted a guy enough to be this close to her before. Never did she let anyone in, looking right through her and read her like an open book. But for Jinwoon, she opened up herself, allowing him to control her heart and feelings. She didn't remember having this kind of feeling for anyone before. And it was scary, hella scary as she realized that he became her addiction. His sweet smile, those gorgeous eyes of his', the tight grasp of his hand and his body warmth, she remembered every tiny bit by heart.

 

"Joohyun,you like him" it was Jiyeon, Jinwoon's best friend, who was the first person to answer her question.

 

"Like him?"

 

"Yes! Maybe you even love him. And he feels the same way"

 

"That's ridiculous, I don't even know what love is! And HE just sees me as a friend" She exclaimed, cheeks turning beet red.

 

"That's why you're learning, sweetheart. And I've known Jinwoon my whole life, I know when he is serious. Let me tell you this, He. Is. Serious. About... YOU!"

 

The last word startled her, though not denying that she felt happy. Strangely happy. Like having ants inside her stomach. "My stomach feels tingly" she murmured to no one in particular.

 

Jiyeon laughed hard. "That's a sign. Don't worry, I'll help you!"

 

"You will? How?"

 

"Have you forgotten, darling? I have known Jinwoon for so long, I surely know how to handle this one" she winked, leaving the other girl confused and dazed as her eyes looked out of the window.

 

"Whatever you say, Ji"

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

If I say I love you now, will you stay and say the same?

 

He thought to himself as their bodies were sticking together to dismiss the cold. It was snowing hard yet she still insisted that she wanted to skate. He obliged, like always, thinking that it might be the right time after all. He had been holding his feelings, calculating every move in his head. All the risks and consequences. But that was to be damned as he heard from Jiyeon about what she felt for him. And he knew he needed to step forward after all. The only problem was... How?

 

"Jinwoon! Why are you spacing out?! My feet went numb already, let's get inside!"

 

Her loud voice snaps him out of his own world. "Uhh...yeah. Let's go"

 

"What's with you?" She asks while he holds her hand to keep her steady. She could barely walk.

 

"Nothing"

 

"I" she sneezed. "I" and another sneeze came out. "I know that is a lie" she wiped her nose with her hand, gaining a chuckle from Jinwoon.

 

"Here, use this. That was gross, Hyun-ah"

 

She pouted at him, making his heart beat faster at the sight. His mind went blank as he, out of nowhere, leaned closer to her and peck her lips. It was a light one, and very short too, but successfully made her stay rooted on her place with heart hammered crazily. Her eyes bulged out as the loud thump couldn't be ignored.

 

"Oh my! I'm sorry, Joohyun-ah! I'm so sorry..."

 

"No! No! I mean-No-that's..." Tears pooled in her eyes. She couldn't think straight. It was a bliss to feel his lips against hers, but then the motive behind it was blurry.

 

"Don't cry, Joohyun. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry"

 

"Do you like me?" Asked Seohyun, the hot liquid had fallen from her eyes.

 

"No! NO!" He answered almost too immediately. "I mean... Yes" oh heck, this wasn't the plan. "Yes, I like you very, very much"

 

Hearing his panick confession, she grinned then brushed off her tears. "Okay, then I'll be your girlfriend"

 

"What?!"

 

"You don't want to? Changmin Oppa said that if two people like each other then they most likely become girlfriend and boyfriend"

 

He chuckled at her reason, wrapping his arms on her body to give her the warmth she needed. Seo Johhyun could be so clueless sometimes. "I love the idea". He kissed the tip of her nose. "But this wasn't what I planned" she looked up to him, sending daggers from her eyes. "Not that I'm complaining" then they laughed as the freezing weather was no longer in care.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

"Jinwoonnie! It is freaking cold!"

 

"Hold on a little while, baby. We're almost there" Jinwoon hugged her body close to him. They climbed the mountain again with heavy steps as exhaustion came creeping in.

 

"Jinwoon, I think we should have brought a warm drink like I suggested" she said, quivering from the freezing weather. It was such a bad idea of his' to spend their second anniversary on top of a mountain. And that in the name of being romantic.

 

"My fault, sorry"

 

She laughed, looking at his guilty face. "But your hug must be warmer than any hot drinks in the world"

 

His lips twitched into a smile upon hearing his girlfriend's words. Hugging her tighter, he dragged their feet to step even further. With the last bit of strength, they forced themselves to finish the track and not minding the tiredness. "We are here, Hyunnie" he suddenly stopped, his hot breath can be felt on top of her head.

 

Withdrawing her face from his chest, she finally caught the glimpse of the beautiful view. It was so mesmerizing that words escaped her. Indeed, he was right about the romantic view. The climbed was rough but what they saw worth every single second. "What a sight" she said, snuggling closer.

 

"I like this view better, though" when she turned her face, she knew instantly what 'view' he meant while soft-pink hue could be seen on her cheeks. They stared at each other, lost in the eyes of their other half. A smile spread on her lips as she carefully tip-toed to reach his cheek.

 

"I love you, Jinwoonnie. So much" she whispered. "And happy anniversary"

 

Grinning, he encircles his arms on her waist, holding her still in her place. "I love you too Joohyun-ah. Much, much more than you" his lips landed on hers. "I promise that I'll fight for everything comes our way" tounge caressing her lower lips. "Happy anniversary, love" and she parted her lips to allow him to deepen the kiss. "Shall we take a picture then go eat our lunch?" Excitedly, she nodded at him. He fished out his camera, smiles were on their faces as they looked straight at the lense. "1, 2, 3... Kimchi" *click*

 

Ah, sweet day, indeed.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Seohyun ran with all her might. Her eyes had turned red and puffy, her lips trembled, her hands clutched over her heart tightly. Not thinking straight, she just kept on running to where her feet brought her. She wiped her tears dry when she stopped in front of the familiar building. It was small, and not that clean, but how she loved the place so much. She could feel her heart felt at ease as soon as she caught the glimpse of his unit. With shaky hands, she reached out to ring his bell.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Jin-ah" it was unusual for him to hear her voice so weak. His heart dropped, knowing that something must have happened. Rushing, he grabbed his key and ran downstairs to meet her.

 

"Joohyun?" She hurried into his embrace, throwing her arms around his waist and held it so hard. "What's wrong, baby? Tell me" he whispered into her ears, sending calm that she couldn't really describe. It was soothing, very soothing that she felt like hearing it over and over again. "Hush baby. It's alright now. It's okay" he ran his hand on her back, trying to die down her sobs. His heart wrenched at the sight of her swollen eyes and the sound of her wails. She sounded so fragile and heck, he didn't even know what's wrong. He felt like dying, not really sure what to do anymore as she kept on pouring her pain out.

 

"Hyun-ah, love? Tell me what's wrong...?" The grip on his jacket has loosened. Reluctantly, he pushed her body away so that he could meet her eyes. As soon as he saw how hurt she was, he could only see red. Harboring this strange desire to strangle whoever made his girlfriend to be like this.

 

"Abeoji" she started. "Abeoji and eommoni know" taking a deep breath, she continued "They know about us. And they... They" there was no need for her to carry on with her words. He knew exactly what woulkd come out after. How cliché, he thought to himself.

 

"We can talk about this inside. Come on, Hyunnie"

 

He held her hand, gripping it gently to assure her that everything was going to be just fine, and led the way to his small apartment.

 

"Sit here. Would you like to drink something?"

 

"No! Stay... Stay here... Please" as he was about to get up, she stopped him. The pleading she voiced out tugged his heart. It was too painful to see her like that.

 

"Your Abeoji and Eommoni don't approve of us, right?"

 

She shook her head. "No. They told me to break up with you but I didn't want to. I don't want to. So I ran away from home"

 

He let out a long heavy sigh before finally scooted closer to her, taking her hands in his'. "Joohyun, running away is not the solution to this. In fact, this will make them angry. At you. At me. At us. And God knows what measure they will take to hunt us down"

 

Her tears fell down again, and that hurt him even more. "Don't cry, sweetheart. We can get through this"

 

"I--" she paused to take a deep breath. "Why can't they understand that I love you, Jinwoon? Why can't they just let me be happy? Aren't they happy if I am?"

 

"Ssshhh, don't say that"

 

"They wanted to take me away. From you. If I don't oblige to their wish" she cried harder, burrying her face in his chest. "Let's elope. And leave this place. We can go somewhere that they don't know!"

 

"No, Joohyun. No" came his answer.

 

"They are selfish human beings that want me to follow whatever they want from me. They want to seperate us, Jinwoon! They can do that if they want to! Can't you understand that?! Doesn't this move you enough to do something for us?!" The loud scream she blurted out surprised him. It was so desperate, carrying tons of hopes which were directed to him. And lots of questions she wanted to ask. Of how much she meant for him, of how much he loved her, of how much he wanted her to be his' completely.

 

"Not this way. Not by hiding ourselves and run for the rest of our lives" he held her close, not minding the hard punches she threw.

 

"I will fight for us. In the right way. Trust me, Joohyun" the night then was filled by her cries and his sweet words to her, convincing her that he would never be a coward and would stand their ground. He closed his eyes as tiredness took over his body, long after Joohyun fell asleep in his arms. Lightly, he strands of her hair, placing a loving kiss on her forehead. Trust me, whatever I'll do is for our best. I love you Joohyun, don't ever doubt that.

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

"What did you say?" Seo Si Won raised his voice to the young man in front of him.

 

"With all due respect, Sir, I humbly ask for your blessings for Joohyun and me"

 

"Who do you think you are, young man? You have nothing to provide decent life for my daughter yet you dare to ask for my blessings? Have you gone crazy?"

 

Jinwoon swallowed hard his anger. "No. That's why I ask for a chance. To prove myself. I will show you that I can be successful and will have enough to formally court you daughter"

 

Seo Si Won scoffed at him mockingly. "You think few years are enough? Besides, you want my daughter to wait for you? You think that highly of yourself?"

 

Again, he suppressed his anger by clenching his fist. "Give me 4 years max, Sir. That's all I ask. I believe your daughter's happiness is above everything. So give me a chance to show you that she will be fine with me. Happy and healthy. Without missing a single thing"

 

The older man looked straight into Jinwoon's eyes, trying to read him better. The determination was clear, his will was enormous. Thus Seo Si Won didn't have any reasons to oppose the proposition. 4 years, she would be 25 by that time. Then if the young boy doesn’t come back, he could marry his daughter off to a man that he chose.

 

"4 years, young man. 4 years"

 

"That's all I need, Sir"

 

"Fine. Now get out of my sight and come back in your better self. If not then don't even dare to appear in front of my face"

 

Jinwoon nodded and bowed slightly while exiting the room. A promise made within his heart that he would make her happy. Though it would not be easy, though this would hurt both of them, but the happy ending seemed like a better prize.  Also, he believed that if they're meant to be, they would be together in the end. Brushing off his tears, he walked down the road in fast steps. Oh Joohyun, forgive me for doing this.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

My dear Joohyunnie,

 

I am sorry that I didn't say this directly and instead wrote you this letter. Believe me Joohyun, even this was hard enough. I didn't have enough confidence to say this to you, face to face. I'm sure if I did that, I wouldn't have the heart to turn my back from you.

 

My love, I told you countless times before that whatever comes in our way, I will always fight for us. I will stay beside you and get through everything together.

 

I am very sorry that I cannot do that, Hyunnie. I cannot stay with you. But believe me when I say I am fighting for us, I am trying my best here. And in the end, I'll be coming home, to you, to where I belong. In your arms. Wrapped with your love.

 

Trust me, sweetheart. I will make you proud and I will make your parents proud. I'm sorry, I will be selfish if I ask you to wait, right? But still, please put your faith in me, and if possible, wait for me.

 

I love you so much, Joohyun. And I will miss you. So much.

 

One day, I will come back. As a better Jung Jinwoon whom worthy of your love, in your eyes and your parents'.

 

Until we meet again, my love.

 

Forever yours,

Jung Jinwoon.

 

Seohyun put the paper close to her heart, her cries had filled her spacious room. But a smile rose on her face. "I will wait, no matter how long" whispering to the thin air, she closed her eyes and gripped the letter tighter.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

"Joohyun, come on. You wouldn't regret this one. Just this once Hyunnie, why won't you listen to me?!"

 

"I have told you so many times, Eommoni. I don't want to go to blind dates. Ever. And you know exactly why"

 

"Oh please, dear. Just this once. Please, Joohyun"

 

Never in her life she ever seen her mother begged her like this. Though not accepting it entirely, she finally gives up.

 

"Fine, tell me the address and his name"

 

"World Hotel, just ask for Mr. Lee"

 

"Anything more specific, Eommoni? Anyone can be Mr. Lee"

 

"Just go and ask for that name, Joohyun"

 

She sighs, hanging up the phone with force as she buries her face in between her palms. Her mom really has her own way to get what she wants.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

"I'm looking for Mr. Lee"

 

The waiter smiles at her, leading the way as they step further inside.

 

"Mr. Lee, your guest is here"

 

She gasps as soon as she sees who it is. Lee Changmin is sitting in front of her, with a rose in his hand.

 

"My, my, gorgeous as always, Joohyun"

 

"Op--Oppa! What--how--why...?"

 

"I'm sure you have many questions for me, but at least, have a seat first"

 

Gulping her saliva, she follows him.

 

"Would you like something to drink, Miss?"

 

"I--" she gasps again. "Jokwon Oppa! How--why--what...?"

 

"The lady will love a goguma latte... If you have one"

 

"Of course! A special goguma latte will be here shortly. And oh! Here is for you, miss"

 

A pink rose is given to her, following the red one that Changmin gave earlier.

 

"Check... 1, 2, 3" not yet recovering from the shock, she diverts her eyes to the source of the voice. "I will play a song, special for the lady there" his finger points directly to Seohyun. And the moment she recognizes who it is, she gasps, again.

 

"Seulong Oppa... How--what--why...?"

 

Before she is able to completely voice out her question, the music comes playing. It is a song she knows by heart. Her favorite. His favorite. Their favorite. She nearly breaks into tears when the familiar melody fills her ears. Years, she had spent that much time not listening to this song. What now?

 

"I've avoided saying it for a long time.

Telling you to wait. Saying the time will come if you wait a little longer, someday.

As I know exactly what you want to hear from me.

As I know how long you've been waiting for.

Finally, I am saying this to you now.

 

You don't have to cry, please don't cry.

Please raise your head and now smile, I will make you smile.

I will only give happiness.

I'll be by your side always and forever.

Don't be afraid, everything will be fine"

 

This sweet voice, the one she remembers by heart. The one she has been longing to hear. The one that belongs to none other than Jung Jinwoon, who is standing on the stage, with a bouquet of roses in his hand. He steps down, walking towards her and she can feel her heartbeat rate shoots up to the sky. She wonders if he can hear it. How her heart responds to merely the sight of him.

 

"Long time no see, Joohyun"

 

She frowns. "3 and a half years, that's the first thing you want to tell me?!"

 

"I miss you too, very, very much it hurts" he reaches out his hand. "For you"

 

Hesitantly, she takes it into her embrace, her eyes are stinging hot with tears welling inside. "Thank you. But a dozen of roses don't make up for your--"

 

She stops instantly when he fishes out a red box from his pocket. "I know" he smiles. "But I told you I'll come back when I am sure I am able to make you happy. Completely. Now is the time. Therefore, I ask your parents' approval to make you my wife. This is a lot to register, Joohyun, I know. I will give you time. I just want you to know that I'm still the Jung Jinwoon you knew. That guy that is so helplessly in love with a woman named Seo Joohyun. Who will do anything for her. Who is so mesmerized by her that even he cannot see any women other than her. Whose heart has been wholly taken by her. I am still the Jung Jinwoon whom once promised you to never stop trying, for us, for our own happy ending. And today, right now, I am standing here to ask you... Will you marry me, Joohyun?"

 

Her hands cover in surprise. The beautiful diamond ring shines brightly at her. But what catches her attention isn't the round thing, but the man who holds it.

 

"You don't have to answer now, just give me a chance to show you how much I love you. To reassure you that nothing has changed. To--"

 

"No" she shakes her head. Jinwoon swears he feels his heart drop at her words. This can't be happening to him. All these years, he worked really hard for her. Did he take too long? Is Seohyun that angry at him?

 

"No" more firmly this time, she looks right into his eyes.

 

"Joo--"

 

"No Jinwoon" she wipes her tears and replaces the frown with a smile. "You don't have to prove anything. I know, I know. I understand" she steps closer, catches him off-guard. "Can we not spend another second apart...please?"

 

Laughing softly, he finally wraps her body tightly in his arms. And she relaxes immediately. She feels like she is home, in where she belongs, with a person she is destined with.

 

"Don't leave me ever again"

 

"Never, I promise"

 

"And Jinwoonnie is good in keeping promises"

 

"Yes, ma'am"

 

Chuckling, she closes her eyes while trying to inhale his scent.

 

"And I'll be your wife, by the way"

 

His laugh is muffled in between her hairs, and she just loves the feeling. She has missed him so much and he has too. By the way he holds her, she can tell.

 

"Thank you, baby. For waiting" he kisses the crown of her head. "And for saying yes" holding her face still, he brushes her soft lips. And their love is sealed with the deep, passionate kiss they share, along with promises they keep in their hearts. They will begin a whole new journey. This time, together.

 

=========================================================================================================================

 

AN: HELLO~

So here is another one-shot, and this one is very, very long.

I didn't intend to make it this long but when I write the half of it, I was surprised to see the word count, so I rush the ending.

I am so sorry about the quality. As I said, I kind of make it shorter in the middle so it feels like it is too hasty and jumpy.

 

Anyway, Thank you sooo much for the love and support!

HAPPY READING AND SHOUT OUT TO THE AWESOME 20 SUBSCRIBERS! WOOHOOOO~

 

oh, and the song is Propose by Noel (my fav song, kekeke)