Our Blissful Day

Love, Life and everything in between (Seohyun's Oneshot stories)

 

"Good morning" Kyunhyun yawns loudly, his hands roaming around the other side of the bed. He is expecting a figure to be there, but meet with coldness instead. Instantly, he sits up, wondering where she went since early in the morning. Looking at the clock beside his bed, it says 7AM. So she wouldn't have stormed off somewhere, yet. Hopping down the bed, he begins to slowly search for her. It is such a rare ocassion that she left without leaving a note on the table. Or drawers. Or even on the side of their huge plasma TV. He feels his breathe become uneven. Panic rushes through him. Did something hap--

 

His eyes widened in shock as soon as he sees Seohyun bends down in front of the sink. The sound of her vomitting everything inside her stomach rings around the living room. In seconds, he already stands beside her, pulling her hair together gently while his other hand pats her back. His wife is never a sick type. She always eats healthily to the extent that it concerns him. Along the line is... Torturing him, in a way. So seeing her like this makes him go frantic. Her face is pale with streams of cold sweats trickling down.

 

"Did you eat something bad?" He asks softly, still soothing her.

 

"No, none that I can remember of" with a paper towel, she wipes clean. The after-taste is bad as hell that it makes her feel worse. Without Kyuhyun knowing, this thing has happened for the last few days. Maybe even a week. But never this early. It usually comes when he's not home and have left for work.

 

"Did you drink something bad last night?" He prompts further, not knowing exactly what to do in a situation like this. Usually, it will be him lying on the bed with her asking him series of questions.

 

"I don't think so. I drank tea and water only. It's really weird, for past few days I have watched on what I eat and drink so that the nausea--"

 

Suddenly, a force on her shoulders push her to turn around. The moment her eyes meet his', she knows that she is in deep trouble. The little slip shouldn't have happened. "This been going on for few days?!"

 

She bites her lips, nodding weakly at him. "And you tell me this only now?!" The raising tone in his voice makes her scared. She knows this will happen once he discovers the truth, but didn't think he would look like this. His eyes bulge out, his face is red with hands gripping on her so hard.

 

"I'm sorry--"

 

"Change. We're going to the hospital"

 

"I'm sure I will be okay if I--"

 

"Change, Joohyun. Is that too much to ask?" And without any counterattack, she walks to her bedroom to change. Maybe going to the hospital is the best choice. She feels so weak and restless, she needs to know why.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Seohyun runs through some tests, leaving Kyuhyun fidgeting in panic. His feet cannot stop moving back and forth, his lips are swollen because he bites it too many times in the last 15 minutes and his brows furrowed in concentration. He just cannot wait any longer or else he would go nuts. He had called Donghwa earlier for some advices or words of consol. After all, the older guy is more experienced in handling sick girl. Yoona has been sick for couple of times. Fever, cold, upset stomach and all. And everytime that happens, Donghae knows what to do. Much to his dismay, though, the older guy only tells him to pray and waits for the result. Even an idiot knows it.

 

"Oppa?" Her soft and weak voice makes him jerk his head. A pair of big brown eyes staring at him worriedly.

 

"Are you okay? What did they say?" He asks in a hurry, holding her arms as if she will fall in any seconds.

 

Chuckling to his gesture, she pats his shoulder. "Don't worry, the nurse says everything seems fine. We just need for couple of minutes until the result is out" she smiles. "I... Kind of having a hunch that it'll be a good news"

 

"Baby, I told you so many times that you can't rely on hunch. What if something bad happens? You should have told me earlier about it. You have been sick for a while, what if it turns into something ugly?" Kyuhyun is never a nagging type, but when it comes to something that concers Seo Joohyun, he will do it endless. So Seohyun draws a deep breath, she doesn't want to hear it any longer.

 

"Mr and mrs. Cho? The doctor is expecting you" the nurse calls from the side, breaking whatever Kyuhyun is saying. With a relieved sigh and a satisfied smile, Seohyun leads their way into the room.

 

"Have a seat" the doctor kindly offers, pointing at the chairs in front of his desk.

 

"Is my wife okay?" Seohyun rolls her eyes at his question.

 

"Oh yes! Very, very healthy, in fact. It is something worth a celebration" they eye each other, confused by the doctor's statement. Sure, hearing that she's fine is a good thing. But to celebrate it is too...weird.

 

"Please take care of yourself more, Mrs. Cho. In this stage of pregnancy, you tend to--"

 

"Pregnancy?!" The couple ask in unison.

 

"Yes! You are 3 weeks pregnant! Congratulations!"

 

To say that they are speechless is understatement. They are practically frozen on their seats. Jaws hang low.

 

"I will prescript some vitamins to strengthen your pregnancy. And also, will give something for the nausea..." Whatever the doctor says after that cannot be registered by either of them. They're very, very ecstatic by the news. But still cannot believe it.

 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun jumps out of his chair, shaking the doctor's hands. "Thank you, doctor! Thank you!!!" If not for Seohyun holding his arms, he would have thrown them around the doctor to hug him. That would be somehow awkward.

 

"You should not thank me, young boy" he laughs. "Here is some prescriptions. Take care"

 

Another loud thank you and a scream of "I'M GOING TO BE A DADDY" fills the aisle of the hospital as they exit towards the parking lot. And in that time, Seohyun makes sure that she covers her face perfectly. Her husband can be so embarassing, sometimes.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

On their way home, Kyuhyun stops by the supermarket and buys almost all the things inside it. From pregnancy milk to whatever healthy fruit and vegetables he can find. All sorts of snacks from the sweet ones to the salty ones, not forgetting her favorite, sweet potatoes. All kinds of drinks excluding alcohols and sodas. He's not kidding when he says he will pamper her to the max. But this kind of attention is something she didn't expect. Who, in their right mind, would buy all those stuffs in one go? Not to mention, in bulky loads?

 

"Oppa, stop. For real" she hisses to his ears. However, the man doesn't seem to care or listen to his wife as he takes in more stuffs into the cart. "Stop, or I'll go home by myself" that surprisingly is effective. He puts down his hand and pushes the cart to the cashier.

 

"I don't get why you're angry" he pouts. "I want to take care of you and the baby!"

 

"I get your good intentions. Not like this, though. Being here with me is good enough. Besides, I'll be cranky for the next 9 months. That's when you need to take care of me. What if in later weeks I'm craving for something that you don't buy today? And all these gone to waste?"

 

Kyuhyun smirks. "Well, we have Sooyoung and Yoona to clear everything up. We can even ask if Wookie wants some for his cooking experiments"

 

She flares her nose. Her nostrils falling and rising, her breaths become rapid. "Whatever"

 

"Ouch, does the mood swing start now?"

 

She glares at him and he gulps. "I'm sorry baby, don't be mad. Won't tease you further. Forgive Oppa?"

 

To no avail, she still refuses to answer him. Her eyes darted on the cashier girl, not wanting to take a look of his guilty face.

 

"I love you, wifey. Hubby is very sorry" he whispers to her. One of his arms hold her waist closer to him. Then she feels his lips kissing her earlobes then the side of her head. "Appa will stop teasing Omma, now. Mian, aegi-ah" he rubs her stomach ever so gently. People look at them with envy and that makes her blush. A smile finally appears as she sighs "Aigoo, I can never win you, Appa" how his heart swells on the new nickname. Appa, he'll become an Appa soon. At the thought, the grin on his face stays.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

"I am gaining weight!" Seohyun exclaims from the bathroom, sounding very suprised and panicked. "I am soooooo fat!" She says again.

 

"Baby, we just found out that you're pregnant today. You don't gain weight that fast" Kyuhyun chuckles from the bedroom, still reading through his magazine.

 

"I seriously gain weight! Like half kilo! This isn't good!"

 

"That maybe just from all the water you drank, honey. Don't worry too much about it"

 

She walks into their bedroom with hair a little disheveled. "I am going to look like a freaking giant hippo!" Tears forming in her eyes. "And you will not love me anymore because of that!" Kyuhyun gasps hearing what she says. It makes no sense at all. Quickly, he puts away his magazine, pulling her hand to sit on the bed with him.

 

"Yah! Where did that come from?!" He is pissed, alright. It sounds like she's doubting his love for her.

 

"That's what men do! He knocked up a girl and when she turns ugly, he will leave her!"

 

"YAH! What the hell are you talking about? I'm not that kind of guy!" She flinches when he starts to raise his voice. Looking very angry.

 

"But that..."

 

"I will not leave you, Joohyun! And you can never turn ugly. You are the most beautiful girl in the world for me. My only one!"

 

"That's because I don't look like an overgrown elephant yet!"

 

"That's not fair, honey. If you look like an overgrown elephant then what does that make a real overgrown elephant look like?"

 

Being a thinker she is, her brain starts to work on some answers. "Maybe we'll look the same"

 

He laughs at her remark. "Silly you. No human looks like an elephant, love. No matter how... Big they are"

 

"Are you saying that I'm going to be big?!"

 

"No! That's not what I mean!" He sighs. "Look, gaining weight is part of the pregnancy process. It will worry the hell out of me if you DON'T gain weight. You know what I mean? You're carrying another human being in you, of course you'll gain some pounds. You can always shed it off after birth. Or not at all. I won't mind, Joohyun. You'll always be the most beautiful and iest girl on earth in my eyes" he some strands of her hairs ever so lovingly. Planting a kiss on her forehead to ensure her that he is telling the truth. He will not leave this perfect girl just because she looks chubbier.

 

"Maybe I can ask the doctor to give me a balanced meal plan?"

 

"That sounds good enough. But NO diet. You may eat whatever you want as long as it doesn't harm our baby. Don't worry too much about it, please" he pulls her into an embrace, rubbing her back so that she will put her mind at ease. And that works. She yawns into the crook of his neck.

 

"You tired?"

 

"A little" another yawn coming out of her. "Okay. Maybe, very tired"

 

Laughing at her cuteness, he picks her up a little to then settle her on the bed. He jumps right in, pulling the comforter over their bodies. His hand encircles her waist as she snuggles closer to him.

 

"The doctor says I will get tired easily" her eyes already half-closed.

 

"Then I'll do everything you tell me to" kissing the crown of her head, he pulls her closer to get them into more comfortable position.

 

"Hm. That'll work" she nods. "You will never stop loving me, right Oppa?"

 

He smiles in between her hair. "Of course not, sweetheart. I won't be able to live without you. I love you so much, Seo Joohyun"

 

"I love you too" she puts her hand on his chest, feeling the rythm on his heartbeat.

 

"Thank you for completing my life. For loving me. For giving me the happiest moments ever. For bearing our child. For every little thing you do to me" his kiss lingers for a while. Knowing that Seohyun has silently fallen asleep, he tucks the blanket to make sure that her bare arms are perfectly covered. "I think... I was born to love you"

 

========================================================================================================================

 

AN: This is just a repost of the latest chapter thet got deleted...

Will repost the latest chapter of Beautiful Disaster soon...

 

And I will update in a few days! :)

 

Happy Reading all!