Tangled Hearts

Love, Life and everything in between (Seohyun's Oneshot stories)

 

Life was great when she's just three. Her short, tiny feet ran around the entire house, trying so hard not to be caught by her daddy. Everything was about laughter and smiles and happy times. What on her brain were only ways to have more and more fun.

 

Life was also awesome when she's five. She got to meet new friends, interact with teachers and got to play in playgrounds. Building castles out of sands, jumping on tiny trampoline, and riding swings were her favorites. Her dilemma was only about which dress she would put on her Barbie dolls.

 

When she's 12, she was introduced to a new world called singing and dancing. After being scouted at random street after a ball game, she went for an audition. Instantly, she fell in love with the company. For a little girl, the building was huge. The dream it offered, though, was even bigger. She loved the feeling of chasing after something that important. Something that could be her goal in life. Something that probably could open up many doors of opportunities for her. Something she could hold onto. New adventure was always her thing.

 

But when she really got in, she felt lost. Little Seo Joo Hyun had no friends at first. No one was there to protect her and accompany her like her parents always did. And she suddenly felt scared. Fear crept in. She almost broke down and cried herself out because she felt so alone in this new world. Then again, God wasn't so cruel to her. Because He sent an angel not long after. Her own guardian angel who disguised himself as the quiet boy named Shim Chang Min. At 12, she met the guy who changed her life forever.

 

Eventually, she fit into the new environment. She felt great for having so many friends, so many seniors and teachers to guide her. There was no more loneliness inside. What existed were excitement and eagerness to learn. To be better in singing and dancing. To keep up with expectations that people put on her. To make Shim Chang Min proud because he once told her that he's the happiest when he heard about how great she's doing.

 

Then in 2005, when she felt everything was so right and that she had nothing imperfect in her life, a guy named Cho Kyu Hyun came. He's so different. Unlike her Oppas, he would not hold back from teasing her. He would say things that others wouldn't. He's not there to protect her in ways that other Oppas would. Yet, he held so many things inside and instead of wanting to be protected, she wanted to protect him. Maybe it's due to the fact that she's been there. She was just like him; alone and left out. Cho Kyu Hyun never talked about it but she heard things. About him getting scolded by his Hyungs. She realized that maybe he was going through something worse than her. Even though she didn't know him that deep, she came to Leeteuk one day and plead for Kyuhyun to be treated nicely. Her reason was that she knew too well how hurt it was, especially for a young girl, to be looked down. Leeteuk gasped then asked her whoever has hurt her in the past; he said he wouldn't let them off the hook. Brushing it off, stubborn Seo Joo Hyun begged and begged until he promised to never be mean to Super Junior's newest maknae, ever again.

 

After that, she focused more on her training sessions because her teachers said she would be nominated as one of the members for a girl group. She still kept contact with her first Oppa, constantly asking for advices. Meanwhile, the evil maknae Cho Kyu Hyun had only little courage to get close to her. He knew, he heard actually, in regards to her request towards his leader. He was beyond surprised when he froze on his steps and decided to eavesdrop their conversation. At that time, she didn't know him THAT well. Still, that girl dared to stand up for him. He wondered how she could possibly do that for someone she barely knew. To say that he was mesmerized was an understatement. He's enchanted, right away. Suddenly, the little Seo Joo Hyun had two guardian angels. One of treated her nicely and one was the one who'd always say such impossible, nearing mean, things to her.

 

After long and windy road, she finally debuted under Girl's Generation. Her first stage was so nerve-wracking, she felt her body turned jelly seconds before the recording took place. She was scared, terrified even. Her parents were there, her sunbaes were there, her unnies' parents were there. She was afraid of disappointing her teachers who had worked hard all along, of disappointing Lee Soo Man who put so much faith in her, of disappointing her Unnies who believed that she would do great. She was afraid of letting her parents down after many sacrifices they did this whole time. She didn't want to put a bad name on the company, on her Sunbaes, on everyone else that mattered to her.

 

When she was shuffling in the corner of the room, a text came. Again, another one also came.

 

From: Changmin Oppa

You'll do great, Joohyun-ah. I'm sure you will. So don't be nervous and just do your best. Remember, everything will be fine if you believe in yourself. Isn't that what you told me? So go out there and have fun! I'll be waiting for the good news after :)

 

From: Kyuhyun Oppa

Just think of this like other practices. Don't be too nervous. Just feel the excitement, the joy and the determination. You can do this. Fighting!

 

She smiled after reading them. All of a sudden, she knew she would be fine. Just like how her Oppas said. She would be just...fine.

*************************************************************************************

By some twisted fates, Shim Chang Min and Cho Kyu Hyun became the best of friends.

 

Despite how rough it was when they first met, they finally got along well. Really well. Perhaps, too well.

 

The two became inseperable, pranking their Hyungs just for the sake of it. Rebelling against the rules for the excitement it brings. Enjoying life together.

 

Long gone the days when the tension was high between them. It's forgotten, buried deep and never to be dug up again. They decided that they're like twins. For people, they were twins from hell because of their painfully playful behavior. But for them, they're the perfect match. The Yin and Yang.

 

They're so different yet so alike. It's bizzare but their friendship is more than a skin deep. Kyuhyun truly treasure Changmin and vice versa. They grew to love each other as real brothers would. Kyuhyun would jump off a train to save Changmin. Changmin would take a bullet for Kyuhyun.

 

If only life was so simple, it would be really, very easy for them to love two different girls, get married to each of their soulmate and be happy together while still maintaining this brotherhood.

 

Only, life isn't so fair, after all.

 

When Changmin caught a glance of Kyuhyun's smile while they watched SNSD performed, he knew so damn well to whom that foolish grin was directed to.

 

When Kyuhyun saw how happy Changmin was when SNSD's Maknae was talking to the later, he knew the meaning behind the happiness.

 

Then they knew, life was being cruel.

 

Because the two best of friends were in love with one girl.

************************************************************************************

Now, she's 21 going on 22. And suddenly, everything is not that easy anymore. She lost the time when she got it all figured out.

 

Her schedules are scattered around. She's so busy that she cannot keep up with what she'll do for the day anymore.

 

However, it's not the physical tiredness that exhausts her the most.

 

It's her heart and the confusion it created.

 

Over the years, she didn't realize how her heart was making bigger spaces for two of her Oppas. It's so wrong. Or at least, it's what she thought.

 

There is this strong emotion that she feels for her dearest big brothers. It's making her dizzy. It's overwhelming, in fact.

 

She feels lightheaded when Changmin hugs her while he congratulates her stage performance.

 

She swears she was flying when Kyuhyun held her hands gently to give her strength to go through the day.

 

Innocent as she was, she didn't know what was happening to herself. That before Hyoyeon pointed it out for her.

 

"You love them, Hyunnie. But in the end, you cannot have both. You have to choose one. Remember, life is all about decision. You chose to audition, you chose to get into this company, you chose to stay and debut. They weren't all plated out for you at the same time. You made choices, one by one, as time passes. Same thing goes for this. Eventually, you have to choose. Whatever it is"

 

She is terrified, up until this day, of what Hyoyeon said. It's true.

 

But it's not that simple.

 

Her heart is so stubborn, even more than her. It just cannot let go of one of them. She loves them. Maybe equally. And to pick one will kill another. In a way, it'll kill her too.

 

She cries herself to sleep; this is too much. This matter of heart is too much for her to bear. If only life stays the way it was when she's just 5. If only things are not so complicated. If only she can figure out what to do.

 

Despite the time and effort she puts to think and solve it, she can't. The grin on their faces are so similar, as if they're reflecting each other as she passes by them. She too, feels her lips tug upwards at the sight of them. Her heart beats faster. For who exactly it beats more violently, she doesn't know.

 

She tries to step back, to get out of this maze she's trapped in.

 

She thinks that maybe, just maybe, if she's out of the picture, everyone will be saved from heartbreaks.

 

Or maybe, if she isn't ruining the equilibrium, they wouldn't be messed up.

 

She ponders on how she would back down. Of the possibility for her to actually, willingly, wholeheartedly agree to not stand in the middle anymore. They're best friends, brothers, twins. And she doesn't want to break that precious bond. She doesn't want to be the one breaking one's heart. It's okay if she's the one hurting; it's better than to see someone whom she cares for being hurt.

 

Before she could run for the exit, however, Changmin and Kyuhyun catch her, preventing her from moving further.

 

They sense her fear.

 

They are aware of her confusion.

 

They know that inside, she has nothing figured out.

 

But they're not willing to let her go.

 

Nor that they want her to let them go.

 

So they hug her, keeping her body warm in between theirs and say "You don't have to choose. That day will come. For now, though, just stay like this. Please. Just...stay"

 

And she gives in.

 

Because in their arms, is where she feels the happiest. No matter how wrong it is.

=============================================================================================

AN: Fail attempt of ChangSeoKyu

I realize that I make their characters different from how they are...

Seohyun here is probably the most selfish, confused girl ever...

and Changmin and Kyuhyun are just too willing to share their hearts...

 

In real life though, something like this happens...

It did to someone I know..

In the end, they worked everything out though it took a while...

 

Anyways, I know that this is just PLAIN BAD and MESSY

I hope you can give me so words to help me improve more :)

 

Will write fluff, I promise!

The next chapter of I DO is in progress ;)

 

Happy Reading~

Enjoy!