Spider Web

Love, Life and everything in between (Seohyun's Oneshot stories)

 

"I'm so sorry Joohyun-ah" there it is again. His apology comes rolling out of his mouth once more. It's the 134th time. And his reason would always be the same.

 

I was drunk, Joohyun, he'd say.

 

I didn't mean what I did, he would probably tell me.

 

"I wasn't myself" See? This is what I'm talking about. Kris Wu will just repeat his excuses. I'm so used to being treated this way. My ears have heard all kinds of things, my brain has processed so many reasons he uttered, and my heart has lost its ability to differentiate pain and joy. After all this time, I become numb. My life is nothing but full of lies. And more lies. Kris Wu has changed me into someone even I don't know.

 

Love. This I'm going through was started with a thing called love. Oh, Joohyun, I love you, he said that for so many times. At that moment, I felt everything was just right. Kris Wu was someone who was destined to be with me. My other half. My last piece of puzzle.

 

I believed that. I had no doubt of him. He was perfect. He's my childhood friend who had saved me from misery. And I was drowned in the idea of...love.

 

Ironic. How love turned me like this.

 

Pathetic. Because even with all the pain I received, I still cannot turn away from him. I'm hanging onto a breakable thread. Inside, I know that this will end. Sooner or later. I just don't know which one I prefer. One thing I know is whenever Kris wants to throw me, he will do so without much consent.

 

Still, I’m here, unmoving inside his arms. He has a hold on me. Begging and whispering for my forgiveness. My heart drops as I feel my shoulder's getting wet. Here he is again, crying after the wrong he did. I have lost count on how many this has repeated.

 

Every single cycle.

 

Every ing single cycle will end with me forgiving him and he'll start it again by sleeping with some random chicks. Or getting drunk, so heavily drunk, that his words are full of swearing addressed to me. Or maybe, he'll beat me to pulp.

 

One of these days, I looked at myself in the mirror. Observing my bare body.

 

Who is that girl? I asked myself that time.

 

My once perfect skin has turned into so many colors. There were purple spots around my shoulder. Red spots on my cheek. Fresh wounds all over my back.

 

Sick. Kris Wu is sick. So am I.

 

Our relationship is undefined. Yet we stay, together, living under the same roof with papers bind us as married couple.

 

Married. Goodness, how funny does that term sound? ing hilarious.

 

Married couple should support each other through thick and thin. In sickness and health. In richer and poorer. In happiness and sadness. Married couple should stay no matter what storm comes towards them.

 

Married couple shouldn’t, mustn’t, cheat on the other. One shouldn’t sleep around like an animal. One shouldn’t be crying all the fricken time, waiting for the significant other to come home only to find him intoxicated. Both shouldn’t hurt each other more than giving their partner joy.

 

Joy; that doesn’t exist in this ed up relationship we’re in.

 

“Baby, say something please. I am so, very, sorry. I will not beat you anymore”

 

Lie, there’s another one. He may say that now. I bet you my life that he would beat me again within this week. It’s what he does, anyway.

 

Saying this to execute the complete opposite.

 

If he says he’s not going to hit me, he IS going to hit me, hard.

 

If he says he won’t bang another random chic, he so will.

 

If he says he’s going to find some help, he ends up finding it by drowning himself in alcoholic drinks.

 

I breathe in and out, trying to put everything in place. My jumbled mind needs to be sorted out. Because I am going mental. Stay longer and I will be just like this bastard; heartless, cold, and a pathetic liar.

 

With all force, I break free. For the first time in a very long time, I succeed in fighting the urge to just kiss him and say that it’s all okay.

 

It’s not. Everything is far from fine. We’re in the brick of falling.

 

No, we are already falling. I know, I see now that there is no way we can ever glue what’s been broken. It’ll hurt me more. And I don’t deserve more pain than what I have received so far.

 

My feet bring me to run the fastest I can. Far, far away from that hell. Far, very far away from the devil named Kris Wu.

*************************************************************************************

“Joohyun?” I look up when I hear my name being called by him. The voice is so familiar. So soothing, so full of care and love for me.

 

“Yixing” I whisper his name as he offers me that tender smile. His dimples look cute on him.

 

Yixing was my husband’s friend. He’s loved me for so long, he confessed. But never was brave enough to make a move. That until he found out that Kris has turned into a monster.

 

Taking a seat beside me, he wraps my hands in his.

 

“You ran”

 

“Yes”

 

He kisses them gently, giving me shivers down my spine.

 

“What are you gonna do now?”

 

I shake my head at his question. I don’t know what I will do now that I find the courage to leave Kris. Now that I realize everything is a mess. It’s no longer worth fighting for. My heart doesn’t belong to my husband anymore. What made me stay were just the doctor’s words; Kris needs help and I probably am the only one who can save him.

 

How can I, though, when I am the one being dragged down instead?

 

 “Are you going to come to me, Joohyun?” Yixing asks me with so much hope. My heart shudders. I want to scream a yes.

 

I love him. I do. In between this craziness, I can stay sane because of him. The amount of love and care he gives me make me strong. The support he offers allows me to stand tall. The sweet words he says makes me believe that second chance exists. He has proved me enough by standing out against Kris, his very own best friend whom he knows has gone beyond the border.

 

Until now, he has helped me to gain my strength to fight back. He has opened my eyes to see that my marriage is not healthy anymore. He took me to meet a psychiatrist who advises me to stop and see that if I go on, it’ll only get worse. For Kris. For me. For Yixing.

 

“I want to”

 

“You will, baby. I told you that I will pull you out of the spider web. He can no longer hurt you. I will be here. I’ll protect you. We’ll fight him together” His hug is warm, so warm that it melts every cell in my body. I have faith in his words.

 

Love is not Kris.

 

Love, for me, is Yixing.

 

“Will you be here and go through this with me together?”

 

Kissing my forehead, he whispers “I will always be here”.

 

I smile.

 

I am home now.

=============================================================================================

AN: This is so different from what I've written so far...

it is faaaaaaaaar from good but I hope I am not too bad :(

Leave your thoughts on the comments and do advise me how to improve in this kind of genre :)

 

Will post a similar theme of ChangSeoKyu in couple of minutes, lol~