Our Dear Maknae

Love, Life and everything in between (Seohyun's Oneshot stories)

 

There are things that are just ought to be, so just accept it-Tiffany

Time flew by, she noticed, and it has been years now since she saw her for the first time. She remembers how the maknae looked so cute with pair of big pure eyes, smiling as she bows down for a greeting. She offered a chocolate, with a shy “Unnie, do you want any of these?” and Tiffany pinched her cheeks. From that day on, she had seen how the beautiful innocent girl grew up, surrounded by many other people who were older than her. Maybe it’s also the reason why Seo Joo Hyun matured much. It sometimes makes her worry though, she’s afraid Seohyun would not have as much fun as other teenagers. She was right, as she seen how the youngest turned to be a little too upright, too discipline, sometimes too suffocating. For years the unnies had been trying to get her more relax, sometimes being a little rebellious and out of line isn’t that bad, they reasoned. But Seohyun never fell into their traps. She kept being this frustratingly obedient girl who never even once dared to break rules. And they gave up eventually. Until one night, their manager gave the hope back as he announced Seohyun would join WGM. Tiffany, who is known as the romance expert among the girls, cheered the loudest while maknae was busy being too upset to their poor manager oppa. “Don’t be too happy Fany-ah, it might not be a good thing” Sunny warned her but she shrugged it off. She turned to face the aegyo queen, saying “This maybe her way to find the one” but that night, she didn’t think it would be true.

 

Sometimes, Hyun, it comes when you at least expect it-Taeyeon

As a leader, taeyeon has the responsibility to keep the group together. And also, to understand each member so she could resolve whatever problems that they face. She always sees each girl as unique, how everyone differs from another. But one particular person always left her amazed, confused, and seems to have to read her all over again. Seohyun always is a puzzle she could not figure out. For her, the youngest mind is out of this world. She has the craziest, the most out of ordinary things inside her brain. Her attitude is none like a 20-years old, it’s more like a 40, Taeyeon always thinks. When she asks about boys, Seohyun would sit still, unaffected and says nonchalantly “I don’t need a boyfriend, Unnie”, totally different from her other 7 sisters. Taeyeon often sighs, wishing Seohyun did not spend her childhood days in SM. Somehow that took away most of exciting things she would experience in her life, including falling in love for the first time. “It’s beautiful, Joohyun-ah” she always told her, but her younger sister successfully counters back “I can have my first love at the age of 30, it will still count as first love as long as it is my first. No matter how old I am” and Taeyeon would grunt helplessly, closing her eyes and never stop wishing to the stars. So when Seohyun went home all smileys and cheerful whenever she goes home after a date with her virtual husband, the kid leader silently screamed a “YES”. Because finally, no matter how late it might sound, Seohyun is slowly falling for a guy. She is close to experiencing the beautiful journey. They can deal with the pain later.

 

Ah, my favorite dongsaeng is growing up fast - Yoona

Growing up together was one thing that made the bond between them was so strong. Like the one sisters would had and a best friend would cherish. Seo Joo Hyun grew up alongside her, dancing every dance practice together and sing every single songs they needed to. They spent years in the same agency, meeting every day for another round of hard work. Every single sweat dropped was for the same goal, to reach their dreams that lay ahead. Yoona and Seohyun formed a strong relationship through those tears they shed when they felt it was getting hard, which tears was only provided by Yoona and Seohyun would sit by her side, soothing her and motivate her again. It was always Yoona, who would say “I don’t think I can do this anymore” and it was always Seohyun who would counter back “If you give up now, unnie, you will easily give up for next things you will do in the future” and Yoona had to swallow her words. The youngest was the wisest one, but never Yoona thought of her as a woman. Inside that body of a 20-year-old, Seohyun was still a little girl who’s still trying to find her shelter, who still doesn’t know most things in life, who still as innocent as little child, who still afraid of so many new adventures. For Yoona, she needed years to lure her dearest younger sister to go out from her comfortable zone. And what she got? None. Because Seohyun was someone with such stubbornness that made Yoona lost in the end. And she felt so defeated once Seohyun went home and all emotions were seen in those eyes. Sadness, happiness, worries, joy, excitement, frail, scared, all at once. “What happen to you?” she asked. Seohyun turned, her eyes all misty. “Why does this feel awfully strange yet amazingly wonderful, unnie?” then Yoona need no more words to understand what she was talking about. “Ah, I have tried for a long time to make you know those emotions by introducing you to those boys whom you impolitely rejected. I can’t believe that guy can beat me in 6 months” she rolled her eyes, laughing and went back to her room with Seohyun following her behind.

 

You know what? Maybe it’s time- Hyeoyeon

She maybe is the joker in the group. She is fun, outgoing, so easy to talk to, always cheerful and hyper, making everyone comfortable around her. But no, Hyeoyeon is not just that. She also appears to be a member who will take care of others most of the time. Whenever one of them is sick, she would be the first one to go to the drug store, taking the right medicine and feed them herself. And when one of them burst out into cries after a break up, she would be the first to pat their back, and hug them tightly until the tears dried up. Seohyun never did this though, she never let out her feelings to anyone. Not if it’s not necessary. She never tells anyone when she’s feeling sick, or she is extremely tired. Even when she misses her mother, the youngest would cry in the corner of their apartment while the others are sleeping. Hyeoyeon caught her one night, but said nothing because she knew, Seohyun would never admit why she was crying. “She doesn’t want to make us worry about her, but THIS is exactly why I’m worried about her” Yuri once said and the others nodded. But being her roommate, she isn’t easy to be fooled. Little differences shown by the maknae, not left unnoticed by her. It’s now become her habit to clutch her phone tight, biting her lips, and stares out blankly to the window. “Let it out, it’s not good to bottle everything inside” One sentence from Hyeoyeon and she started trembling. “You miss him” then Seohyun finally broke down. Nodding, she bit her lips even harder and murmured “I just don’t know why it is so hard. Everything’s blurry. I’m sorry for crying like this unnie. This is so silly of me”. Hyeoyeon smiled while hugging her, “There is nothing silly for being normal”.

 

So it happens after all, my dear baby girl- Yuri

As one of the late 89-ers among other members, she tends to step back and let the older girls take care of the younger ones. She was usually teamed up with the Maknae line anyways, due to the fact that they’re the taller ones in the group as well as the younger in terms of age. But Kwon Yuri would always behave like an older sister to a girl named Seo Joo Hyun. Inside her heart, she swore to protect the innocent child from all the harm in the world. Because Seohyun deserved nothing but to be loved and protected. She would be the first in line, of course along with her other 7 members, when Seohyun shed tears. Her heart wrenched at the thought of the younger getting hurt, be it emotionally or physically. Years gone by since they start to live together, united as Girl’s Generation members but never once Yuri saw her crying so hard the way she did that particular night. With lightning speed, she rushed to the younger’s room and gathered her in her arms. “What’s wrong” Yuri could feel her own heart shattered by the sound of Seohyun’s muffled cry. “I love him, Unnie… But it’s wrong…” she had to frown at her confession. “Love who…?” living under the same roof with her made Yuri leave out the possibility of a guy being the reason of her tears. Then again, Yonghwa came to the picture. “You love Yonghwa?” the Maknae nodded, with her head hung low, she cried even louder. Sighing, Yuri held her chin, making Seohyun looked at her straight in the eyes. “There is nothing wrong with that. People fall in and out of love, Seohyun. It happens to everybody. They ought to love in order to live, have you ever heard of that?” the younger girl hook hear head, cries had subdued to sniffles. “It’s scary, isn’t it?” Seohyun, again, nodded. Smiling, Yuri hugged her tighter and patted her back to comfort the girl. “It’s okay… Unnie will be here and guide you” she said softly. “It’s a lesson for you to love and be loved by other than your Unnies, Your Oppas, your friends and your parents. This is a new kind of love. So embrace it, and we all be here for you, Seobaby” a relieved smile made its way on Maknae’s lips as she murmured “Thank you, Unnie… Thank you” while Yuri had her mind full with silent worry for the youngest. It’s okay, Seohyun, it’s time… But I will be sure to minimalize the pain if things ever slip out of your hands, my dear.

 

You do the impossible things, but that’s the point of being in love – Sunny

There are times when she wanted to just show different side of her, without the attribute “Queen of Aegyo” following her. Sometimes she wanted to show those precious expressions she can make to her boyfriend only. Because, hey, where’s the surprise when she already does everything on cameras for the whole world to see? She tells her manager one time that she wants to stop being all cute. She wants to be a real elegant woman for one day. “Like what?” he asked her. Sunny thought for a moment before answering, “Like Seohyun” confidently. As always, her manager let her to do so. Her sisters thought she took a wrong medicine when she woke them up, earlier than Seohyun. No cute attempts for that day and they thought she had gone crazy. “You are weird. Really weird. We should get a doctor for you” Taeyeon said to her and others were checking on her temperature. “Yah, I’m not going to do this anymore. I will be the aegyo queen for the rest of my life. It’s better than to be like this, it’s not me” Sunny sighed and finally told them what she was trying to do and of course, her reason for doing so. The girls laughed at her, holding their stomachs and Yuri even let out tears. Only Seohyun smiled at her and sat beside her. “You know what, Unnie?” Sunny tilted her head. “Those things you do, will not be the same when you do it to someone special. The gestures and sincerity will be different. It will always be a surprise for your boyfriend later. Always will make him weak. You’re the queen after all, you will come up with those things naturally. Don’t worry unnie, you haven’t shown even a half of what you got on those cameras. He will still find a new side of you, just like that” Seohyun smiled and retreated back to her room. Sunny gaped, couldn’t believe what she just heard. Or more exact, couldn’t believe who she heard those words from. She smacked Yuri who’s still laughing so hard while murmured, “That Yonghwa guy is no joke”.

 

Butterflies inside, you know how that feels now, right Hyun? - Jessica

Jessica sometimes doesn’t like it when people call her as the ice-princess of the group. Because clearly, she isn’t. She doesn’t want to be remembered as the girl who gives no reaction to what others were saying. And the cameras seem to never catch her whenever she makes some faces. It’s always fancams, always other unofficial pictures. And it’s not like she’s rude or anything, she maybe straight-forward, but not heartless. She too, feels rush of emotions just like how other people would. Like when a boy asked her out for the first time, she jumped on her bed, screaming out loud “I GOT A DATE” for the world to hear, or just her room’s walls for that matter. Or when she went to enjoy the beautiful Seoul at night, walking beside her boyfriend, she would grin giddily and her stomach felt like its being turned upside down for the whole hours. Or how her heart wrench every time she experienced a heart-break. She smiled, she laughed, she cried, she screamed, she jumped in excitement, she feels shy. Once again, the only problem is that she’s not showing much of her heart for everyone to look at. And that, also one thing that bring her and Seohyun in a silent agreement. They are alike in some ways, some strange ways that always got the girls rolled their eyes. But she knows that Seohyun isn’t showing any emotions in her eyes because simply, she just doesn’t feel anything or not yet anyway. That’s where they differ and that’s why they have different reasons to keep quiet. Jessica wants to hide, while Seohyun is…well, just not know of anything like she does. Maknae has no experience and the whole world knows this. She lets it go though, because she believes Seohyun will feel the way she does, later, much later. And in one day, she caught the youngest suddenly blush and smile, holding her cell phone which shown some words that Jessica couldn’t read. She chuckled lightly, they finally had the same reason to hide.

 

My beloved sister, let me hug you before letting you explore that side of the world – Sooyoung

It’s not a secret how she wants a boyfriend so badly. She had said it in so many interviews, saying she hoped she would have a boyfriend whose name she can save as “Mother”. And she had spoken up about her fantasy of getting married by the age of 24, gaining some “You’re impossible” scoffs from the other members. And those reporters thought she was just kidding, just making the show much brighter and fun. She cursed inside, because she was anything but a liar. She’s honest on or off shows. Cameras will not affect her and SM could never get her say what they want her to say. She will leave those things to Taeyeon, or Seohyun in some occasions. And when they scold her because she says those ridiculous things, she waved them off and accepted everything. There was only one time when she felt so angry. The day their manager announced that their maknae would be “married” anytime soon. She screamed “YOU CAN’T DO THAT OPPA!” which was also ignored by literally everyone there. Months after that night, she had gone through some changes, feeling-wise. From mad, to worry, to pity, to envy, to more envy, to acceptance, to happy, to happier and whole heart goes out for the youngest. Because no matter how strange it might sound, she likes all the changes in her younger sister. She becomes more relax, more cheerful, much more expressive, and her voice changed into full of passion. It wasn’t just good like it used to, it became amazing. Sooyoung realized, the maknae finally learned something essential. Ah, how she’d like to feel the same way. On the other hand, she feels sad, so sad. As she realizes, someday the maknae probably will be the first to leave the ‘singles’ world. And the fact that the maknae is slowly getting far away, makes her cry at nights. “Don’t leave us too often” she once protested, and being the wise girl she was, Seohyun comes to her and hugs her. “Aigoo, my unnie is missing me. I’m here, aren’t I, Unnie?” and Sooyoung grinned at her. The inevitable will come, but Seohyun’s right. She’s still here, anyway.

====================================================================================

AN:

Hello guys~

I a back with a SOSHI BOND chapter here, with YongSeo as the main couple ^^

So, let's walk down the memory ane of their WGM days, shall we? :)

I got the inspiration from this video (credit to owner)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC0OD0t5k&feature=related

 

Her hugs are heartwarming, aren't they? I could feel how much she loves her sisters.

I hope this fic can make you feel the love her sisters have for their Maknae :)

 

ENJOY READING~