Just The Way We Are

Love, Life and everything in between (Seohyun's Oneshot stories)

 

 

"Achoo" Joohyun sneezes again for the umpteenth time, her hand is blocking her nose to prevent the fluid to come out of it. She glares at the smirking boy by the door, leaning his back onto it while munching his second hotdog.

 

"Achoo" she groans at it, really annoyed by the fact that she lost to him.

 

"You're so annoying" says the woman, staring at the guy who seems enjoying her state now. She blames everything on him, every little thing. Because this happens after the stupid bet he suggested, after yet another silly argument they had.

 

"I'm not doing anything here, baby" he smiles teasingly, wriggling his eyebrows at her. "Do you want McDonald's now?"

 

"Choi Min--Achoo--Ho!!!" If only she has the strength, she would have thrown a pillow at him. But she doesn't, and the only thing she can do is sending daggers from her eyes.

 

Minho grins wider, "Gogumas huh? See what they do good to you? And see what those garlic, broccoli, carrot and their friends do for your body? Mayonnaise, fried meat and some patties are dancing by now"

 

"Minho!!!"

 

"Rest well, goguma princess. I'll go get some soup" he chuckles when turning his back on her and he can hear her screaming her protest from behind.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

"I swear that will not do you good, Choi Min Ho" she exclaimed exasperatedly, eyes were sharp on him, lips pouted in dissatisfaction.

 

"Look, babe. Here is the deal. I don't mess with your love for root corps and you don't mess with my love for unhealthy stuffs. I'm not even sure if you hate them because they're really unhealthy or you just don't like them because they're not some sort of veggies"

 

"Mock me all you want, but I'm trying to prolong your life here, Choi" she scoffed, getting her own green tea while he picked his share of cola. His fifth glass of cola. She didn't know how in the world he hadn't got stomachache yet.

 

"I'm as healthy as I can be, sweetheart, don't you worry. Look, I am not missing a single thing" said Minho, showing off his perfect self.

 

"Your insides will go dying if you keep this up. Can you just listen to me for a second? Just once, stop shoving everything inside your rubber stomach. I mean, you can eat something healthier than fried stuffs, greasy stuffs, and fatty stuffs"

 

"I'm not gaining weight from them, and you're jealous"

 

By this, Seohyun lost her temper. She looked at him wide-eyed, sending invisible superpower rays that could kill him if only they did exist. "I'm not jealous!"

 

"So why are you being so nosy about my eating habits? Besides, I do eat vegetables"

 

"Not as much as you eat those nasty stuffs!"

 

"Yah! My food is not nasty!"

 

"Minho, I will understand and will be forgiving if only you don't eat them as your main meal. But you always add something unhealthy to your breakfast, your lunch, your dinner and that..." She sighed, not wanting him to know that she was actually worried more than being mad at him. His health should come first, that he should know. But the guy seemed indifferent about it.

 

"As long as I don't get sick, it's fine. I'm eating still, not like I'm anorexic or bulimic. Then, you could scold me. But I'm eating as healthy as I am aware of. Relax, okay?"

 

"You cannot give up on your love for those monsters"

 

"Pfft, babe, you talk like I'm eating virus" he laughed, holding his stomach whilst Seohyun flared her nostrils. "Fine, let's do this. It's raining outside, right? Both of us will play to our hearts' content in the rain, and we'll see if any of us gets sick. You always say something about my immune system being weak and some bull--- I mean, stuffs like that. If... If, neither of us gets sick, then you have to let me have my peace while I enjoy my greasy food. For one week. How's that sound?" Seo Joohyun and Choi Minho were a pair matched in heaven or in hell, because when things like these surfaced, both of them wanted to prove the other wrong. For this, it's no exception. She stood up from her chair, giving him a curt nod.

 

"Let's see"

 

"Let's see"

********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

He madly punches some numbers on his phone the moment he makes sure that Seohyun isn't following him. His hand wipes his cold sweat, biting his lips and clutch to the gadget tighter.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hyung!" He whispered as loud as he can, but still not hearable for his girl to hear.

 

"Minho?"

 

"Yea!"

 

"What's up? Why the sudden call? Is everything okay? You sound like someone who's witnessing another person dy-- oh ! Did you get involved in an accident?!"

 

"What??!! No!!! But you're right, something urgent came up!!!"

 

"What is it?"

 

"Seohyun!"

 

"What's wrong with Seohyun??"

 

"She falls sick, Hyung! What the hell should I do? Will she be okay? What should I give her??"

 

"Minho, stop talking so fast! Answer me, how sick is she?"

 

"Very! Very sick! Like seriously sick!"

 

"Dude, are you crying?!"

 

"No, I'm just worried! Seohyun never got sick, she's like a rock! But look she's on the bed all day and--"

 

"Liar! Anyway, what are the symptoms?"

 

"She sneezes like every 5 seconds. She coughs. Slightly high fever. Runny nose"

 

"She has flu?? She has freaking flu?!"

 

"Uhhh, I think so. Is it bad? Is it an emergency?"

 

"You call me in the middle of my shift, sounding like you just witnessed someone being hit by a car and DYING, then you nearly cry... All those for flu?! flu, Minho?!"

 

"What are you saying? Flu is dangerous. Someone can die from it!"

 

"Have you ever caught flu?"

 

"Yeah I guess"

 

"Did you DIE? NO YOU DIDN'T BECAUSE HERE YOU ARE STILL TALKING TO ME AND WASTING MY TIME!!  We are not living in some old era when flu is incurable disease. We deal with something WAY BIGGER than that!! Give her some medicine, I'll give you the name. She'll be as good as ever in 2 days"

 

"So.. She'll be fine?"

 

"Yes she will..."

 

"Thanks Jungmo Hyung... I'll buy you lunch later"

 

"Yea man whatever. You try so hard to sound cool about it but doing this behind her back, aren't you?"

 

"What the heck?! No!"

 

"Just don't be stupid Minho. You guys are just too weird sometimes, and I don't get how you two still keep it up. Show her that you are worried, what's wrong with that? Being competitive isn't always go--"

 

"Thanks Hyung, I'm hanging up" before the guy can finish his words, Minho already shuts his phone off. He's just tired of people criticizing how they are. Seohyun and him are not perfect, he knows. And sometimes, their childish arguments are totally useless. Yet, he loves that kind of thrill, and he can see that Seohyun does to; as long as it isn't blown out of proportion, as long as they stay unfazed by their petty banters, as long as they love each other without hurting either of their hearts.

 

Suddenly, a pair of hands circling his waist, a muffled giggle is felt on his back. Damn! Damn, damn, damn!! He curses inaudibly, staying completely still.

 

"That was cute, babe"

 

Seo Joohyun will always have the best timing in the world. For that, he sometimes feels grateful while in other days, he will feel so frustrated like now. It's just so embarrassing to be caught red-handed like this. He was trying so hard to act unfazed 15 minutes ago, to not let her know that he actually was in the brink of panic attack. Yet, she finds out anyway.

 

"You heard... Everything?"

 

"I heard enough" she stifles a laugh, hands forcing his body to turns towards her. "Why didn't you just say so, Minho?"

 

"Then you'll win, as always. And for whole lot different thing, that is"

 

"I'm fated to win"

 

He rolls his eyes on her. "This is exactly why"

 

"You still don't get it do you?"

 

"What?"

 

"That I only am trying to take care of you, your body, and your health"

 

"I thought we've had this sorted out" raising his eyebrows, he protests at her.

 

"No, I have to make you understand. I am not trying to be bossy or whatever psycho names you have for me. I'm just trying to say that putting in those rubbish will eventually have its effect on you. Maybe not now, not this early, but it will happen if you excessively eat them"

 

"Seo--"

 

"Listen, Min. The more I see your eating habit, the more worried I become. I... I don't want you to fall sick in later years because of this. Jagi, I am not telling you to stop altogether. Just lessen it. For your own good? Please? I want both of us to be healthy. And I swear I will not take those babies away from you completely. A little more balanced, healthy meal is good, Min. Trust me. Please? I thought you want us to grow old in shape together? You said you want to live long enough until you have your great grandchildren, right? Min..."

 

"Okay fine, that's a deal. I will just LESSEN it. Not stopping!" He surrenders as her blabbering gets longer and longer. The stubborn woman will not back down, ever. He's smart enough to know that fact. Besides, it's not like she is saying wrong things. Like always, Seohyun has her points which usually are the true ones.

 

Her lips curl into a smile. Despite the red nose and bad headache, she feels perfectly happy. At least, he'll listen to her from now on. Taking care of his health has somehow become her first priority because she believes it is above everything. Also, she keeps in mind that preventing is always better than curing. "Thank you. I know it's a big sacrifice for you"

 

He chuckles at her words, stealing one lightning-speed kiss on her lips. "It's nothing babe. If this will help you ease up then I can do it. You mentioned about this aid me in living longer, right? That means more time to spend with my goddess. How can I say no to that?"

 

"Geez, you are cheesy sometimes"

 

"You like it when I do it anyway"

 

She places a kiss on his lips. "Yea I do. By the way, I just spread germs to you. You might catch a cold"

 

"No big deal, it's just flu. We'll be fine"

 

"Oh really? I just heard someone saying that FLU can KILL" she breaks into a fit of laughter, covering to lower her voice.

 

"What the-- stop laughing! Yah! Seo Joohyun!"

 

"HAHAHAHA----Choo!"

 

"Serves you right"

 

"Achoo!"

 

"Pfftttttt"

 

"More germs just come in your way, sweetheart. Now let's see what they'll do, shall we?"

 

"You're wicked"

 

"You love me"

 

"Well yeah..."

 

"And I love you too"

 

He smiles unknowingly, stepping closer to her and take her into his embrace. "Oh well, I don't mind us getting sick together. That'll buy us a reason to laze on bed all day. Sounds tempting"

 

"I know right" she snuggles closer to him, tightening their hug. They stay like that for a while, giggling and laughing at their own silliness. They're happy the way they are, no matter how weird they might appear to be. And that's what matters.

====================================================================================

AN: hellooooooooooooooooooooooo~

Hihi, this is just a short MinSeo story.

I attempted a light-hearted one, I hope you guys like it~

 

ENJOY READING AS ALWAYS <3