Chapter 1

The Fight For Territory

Kevin ran for his life, panting as he pushed himself to run faster. What a bad time to change and run patrols when it was just him huh? Kevin certainly thought so.

The sounds of his pursuers were getting closer, and Kevin didn't dare look back. He needed to get within range of his trackers. He howled as loud as he could, leaping across a chasm with what strength he had left and landing on the other side roughly as he stumbled, landing on his stomach with a whimper.

He got to his feet, turning as he heard snarling from the otherside, snarling in return as he refused to let weariness consume him.

A roar was heard behind him and Kevin quickly turned, ready to fight when the bear before him went to stand beside Kevin, roaring at the enemy pack again. Kevin turned in surprise, seeing the retreating figures of the wolves before he let himself collapse, going unconscious almost immediately.

 

~



Woobin looked down at Kevin after returning to human form, sighing as he looked around the area they were in. He had some decency to put on some pants at least, since he normally stashed some clothes nearby, before going to sit in front of Kevin, his head tilting to the side as he studied the wolf in front of him.

"What brings you here huh?" Asked Woobin, blinking when the wolf before him opened its eyes. "Your pack is probably worried for you," he added as an afterthought as he got to his feet and looked across the chasm with a thoughtful look on his face. "You're on this side of the borders aren't you?" He asked, turning back to the wolf who sat up and watched Woobin with its head tilted to the side.

Footsteps were heard and 3 more wolves and two coyotes appeared, the wolf that seemed to be leading the group snarling at Woobin. "Hey, I just saved your friend," whined Woobin as he pouted at the wolf in front of him. Kevin let out a warning growl, slowly getting to his feet as the lead wolf ran to him, Woobin moving out of the way.

"It's okay Juyeon," grunted Kevin as he returned to human form, leaning heavily against said wolf. "He saved me," he huffed, taking breaths to calm down his rapid heartbeat.

"Are you going to be okay?" Asked Woobin as he looked concerned. "Ah, I'll be fine, thank you for saving me," replied Kevin as he turned to Woobin. Woobin nodded, bowing his head at Kevin before turning when more footsteps came their way.

"Hyeongjun, Minhee!" Called Woobin as he waved at the coyote and mountain lion before him. "You know those two?" Asked Kevin as he blinked in surprise. "I was here to get them when that happened," explained Woobin as he shrugged. "They're in my pack," he added.

"I thought they were in Yohan's pack?" Asked Kevin. "Ah, they left a while ago," explained Woobin. "Yohan clashed a lot with my pack alpha and well, you know how it is," he added. "Things are changing everywhere," he explained. "Ever since Toronto went to the vampires and Yixing disbanded his pack in Berlin things have just gone crazy," he added.

"You wouldn't've had anything to do with that would you?" Asked Kevin. "No! No," Woobin said quickly. "I got the scars on my face long ago, this was more recent," he explained. "I can confirm," confirmed Minhee as he returned to human form, nodding to Woobin. "Let's head back then?" He asked. Woobin nodded and Minhee changed back, huffing as Woobin took off his pants before changing. Woobin picked up said pants in his mouth and Hyeongjun and Minhee turned, running off. Woobin followed after them.

"I never got his name," huffed Kevin before he fell to the ground, falling unconscious immediately.

 

~



Kevin came to in his room, jolting awake as he sat up, coughing before covering his mouth with his hands. Juyeon burst into the room, worried as Changmin walked over after grabbing a cup of water and giving it to Kevin after Kevin calmed down.

Kevin gulped down the water quickly, coughing again as it went down the wrong pipe. Juyeon hit his back to help before moving away when Kevin waved him off, giving him the cup and taking breaths to calm himself down.

"I'm fine," breathed Kevin as he managed to catch his breath, sighing in relief. "What happened out there?" Asked Changmin. "I was being chased, and managed to get across to our side of the borders before getting caught," explained Kevin. "I wasn't expecting him to show up, the bear guy," he added.

"This is the third time this month," growled Juyeon. "They never target us, but when you're alone it's always that," he growled. "It's fine, I can cut back on patrolling, I need to visit Jacob anyway," explained Kevin. "No one patrols alone, got it?" He asked. Juyeon and Changmin nodded.

"Who's out there now?" Asked Kevin. "No one, Chanhee is here, and Donghyun and Jibeom went to get groceries," replied Juyeon. "Also we're here with you," he added. "Okay, get some rest, I need to head to Jacob's," hummed Kevin as he got to his feet, stumbling slightly as his knees buckled, falling back onto the bed with a sigh. "Okay, maybe I need to get Jacob here," he grumbled.

"Do I need to get Eric too?" Asked Juyeon. "No, not yet," growled Kevin. "Don't get him here unless we need to," he added. "Kev," started Juyeon, blinking in confusion as Kevin winced at the nickname. "We need to let Eric know in case this escalates further," he added.

"We'll worry about that later," Kevin sighed out. "Just let Jacob know he needs to come over, okay?" He asked, laying back down. He heard Juyeon sigh but leave the room without much complaint, though Changmin sat on the edge of his bed and patted Kevin on the arm.

"You're going to be the death of Juyeon you know that right?" Asked Changmin as Kevin turned his head to look at him. Kevin let out a bitter laugh. "He's fine," he huffed. "I wouldn't let him get himself killed, you know this Changmin," he added.

"I know, if we hadn't gotten to him and Chanhee in time we would've lost them both," mumbled Kevin as he thought about it. "I regret not getting there faster," he whispered, closing his eyes. "Hey," Changmin said gently as he patted Kevin on the arm again. "You were having an episode," he added. "It couldn't be helped," he explained. "But don't worry about it okay?" He asked. "They're alive now, and you're okay," he reassured. Kevin hummed, and heard Changmin get up and walk out of the room.

 

~



Kevin was up and walking by the time dinner was made, Donghyun having cooked a meal for everyone, and everyone sat at the kitchen table to eat, eating in silence as no one had anything to say for the moment.

"Jacob should be here soon with Hyunjae," chimed in Juyeon as he ate. "When?" Asked Kevin as he looked at Juyeon. "Tomorrow morning," replied Juyeon as he nodded. "Okay," hummed Kevin. "Are they running here?" He asked. Juyeon nodded. "Who wants to go with me to the borders?" He asked.

"I'll go," replied Jibeom as he nodded. "We'll leave before sunrise, so get some rest," said Juyeon as he nodded.

 

~



"You want me to do what?" Asked his pack leader as Woobin stood in front of him, explaining what happened. "Lend our help?" Asked Woobin as he flinched at the growl his pack leader made. "You don't know Kevin, they don't ask for help unless they need to," chimed in Minhee who stood beside the pack leader. "It's a bad idea to offer our help," he added.

"If I hadn't stepped in when I did those wolves would've leaped across to tear him to shreds, do you want that?" Asked Woobin. "I would've come across it as his pack did and they'd think I did it," he explained.

"If this goes south this is on you Woobin," explained his alpha once they thought about it. "Thank you Serim," mumbled Woobin as he bowed. "Minhee you will go with him when he goes to explain his motives," Serim commanded, earning a nod from Minhee. "Dismissed," he added. Woobin straightened up, looking at Minhee who stared right back at him.

 

~



Juyeon and Jibeom headed towards the border to Sweden in their wolf and coyote forms respectively, Jibeom easily keeping up with Juyeon's larger form. It wouldn't take them that long to get there, and it didn't take Jacob and Hyunjae that long to show up in their animal forms either.

Juyeon changed back to his human form as Jacob changed back to his, his head tilting to the side in question. "There's been some... Developments," explained Juyeon. "Kevin believes there will be a war on his hands, but he said not to involve Eric just yet," he added. "Anything else?" Asked Jacob.

"He may be... Relapsing," explained Juyeon as he flinched at the growl that escaped Jacob. "Okay, take me to him," commanded Jacob. Juyeon nodded, changing and turning to run back home. Jacob changed back to his lion form, taking a few steps into Finland with Hyunjae's cheetah form following after him. Once they were ready Juyeon took off at full speed, Jibeom following after him. Jacob and Hyunjae followed after them, easily keeping pace a few feet behind them.