Eight: Have you ever notice?

Hello Chingu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

'I met Mrs. Wang'

 


'She told me about your secret with her’

 


''Why you never told me before?''

 


'Yah Kim Taeyeon! Answer the phone!'
 


'Or at least reply to my text!'
 


'Are you going to keep acting like this?'
 


'I'm sorry...'
 


'When are you going home?'
 


'I miss you...'
 


Tiffany groaned in frustration and tossed her phone onto the couch. She was alone in her apartment's living room, her hand tightly gripping an empty beer can. It was her fifth can that night, and she could already feel a slight daze setting in.
 


"Fine, I don't care anymore," she muttered to herself, deciding to stop drinking as she felt a sudden pang of thirst. She walked to the kitchen, discarded the can, and opened the refrigerator to retrieve a bottle of water.
 


*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*
 


Her attention was drawn to the sound of the front door being unlocked. Tiffany set the bottle down and hurried to the front door, curious to see who was there. To her surprise, the door swung open, revealing Taeyeon standing before her.
 


"Yah, Hwang Miyoung!" he exclaimed with a smile as he approached her.
 


"T-Tae..." Tiffany stammered, taken aback by his unexpected presence.
 


"Why do you look so shocked?" he asked, drawing closer to her. His face was inches away from hers, and Tiffany felt a rush of warmth spreading across her cheeks. "Your face is all red. Have you been drinking again?" Taeyeon sighed and shook his head. "You should change your drinking habits if you want to live longer, you know," he said, removing his shoes and making his way past her into the kitchen.
 


"H-How..." Tiffany began, her words trailing off as she followed him, still trying to process his sudden appearance.
 


"My mom sent you kimchi again this month. Did you finish the one she gave you before?" Taeyeon placed a large paper bag on the kitchen counter and opened the refrigerator. Tiffany remained silent, watching as he rummaged through her fridge, still trying to make sense of the situation.
 


"Hey, there's still some side dish left in here. Haven't you finished it yet?" Taeyeon sighed, holding up a small container and placing it on the counter. "But at least you finished the kimchi. Well done," he added, placing the new kimchi container inside the fridge and closing the door. Turning around, he raised an eyebrow.
 


"Why are you just standing there? Aren't you going to say anything?"
 


"H-huh?" Tiffany mumbled, momentarily snapped back to reality by Taeyeon's voice.
 


He chuckled. "You said you miss me. Can I at least get a hug from you?" He opened his arms wide.
 


"Y-you're not mad anymore?" she asked cautiously.
 


"Silly, why should I be? You know I don't like it when we fight for too long," Taeyeon replied, his expression softening as he smiled gently.
 


As she looked up at his tender face, Tiffany felt an overwhelming urge to cry. Her heart was filled with a strange mix of numbness and guilt. After such a long time without seeing him, she realized just how much she missed him. She wanted to apologize and hold him close, never wanting to let go.
 


But then, silence filled the room. There was no one there. It was just Tiffany, standing alone in the kitchen. Taeyeon wasn't there. The fridge hadn't been opened, and the old kimchi container hadn't been replaced with a new one. It was all in her imagination. Her legs grew weak, and she grasped the kitchen counter to steady herself.
 


"Am I seeing things now?" she chuckled bitterly. "What have you done to me, Kim Taeyeon?"
 


The longing for him consumed her, and she admitted to herself just how much she missed him. She wanted to see him desperately, to confess her faults and make things right.
 


Her train of thought was interrupted by the ringing of her phone. It was Sunny.
 


"Hello?" Tiffany answered, trying to sound composed.
 


"Hey, Tiff," Sunny greeted.
 


"Hey, what's up?" Tiffany sighed deeply, attempting to calm herself.
 


"Just wanted to check on you. Are you okay?"
 


"Yeah, I'm fine," Tiffany replied.
 


"Are you sure? You don't sound like it."
 


"I feel a bit dizzy, but I'll be alright. Don't worry."
 


Sunny fell silent, hesitating to ask the next question. "Have you two talked yet?"
 


Tiffany let out a chuckle. "How can we? He doesn't even reply to my texts. I guess I really made him angry. It's my fault."
 


"Don't say that. Maybe he just needs some time to cool down," Sunny suggested.
 


"I hope so," Tiffany answered curtly.
 


"Babe, where did you put my shirt?!" Tiffany heard a male voice in the background.
 


"Wait," Sunny said, before distancing herself from the phone. "It's in the closet!"
 


"Is that Sooyoung? Is he there?" Tiffany asked, furrowing her brow.
 


"Yeah. He just arrive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter