Four: I can't love her

Hello Chingu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter 2019



Tiffany let out a tired breath as she placed the large box on the floor, which she had retrieved from the storeroom. Squatting down, she opened the box to reveal the plastic Christmas tree she had purchased the previous year. With Christmas day just a week away, Tiffany decided to spend the evening decorating her apartment with festive ornaments.



Glancing at the clock, Tiffany noticed it was already 10 P.M. Taeyeon had promised to help her after having dinner with his girlfriend, but he hadn't contacted her to let her know when he would arrive. She reached for her phone and quickly searched for his number.



After a short wait, the person on the other end of the line answered. "Hello?"



"Kim Taeyeon, you promised to come at nine! Where are you?" Tiffany's voice reflected her annoyance.



"I'm sorry. Are you his friend?" The unfamiliar voice puzzled Tiffany, as it clearly wasn't Taeyeon's.



"Who is this?" she inquired.



"Ah, I'm the bartender at Bar XXX. Your friend has passed out, and I tried to wake him, but he doesn't respond. I think he's fast asleep. Can you come and pick him up?"



Surprised by the news, as Taeyeon rarely drank due to his low alcohol tolerance, Tiffany swiftly parked her car and hurried into the bar, scanning the room for him. Eventually, she spotted him with his head buried in his arms, resting on the counter.



"Yah, Tae. Are you okay?" she asked, shaking his body, but there was no response from him.



"Taeyeon?" Tiffany heard him mumble a few words before falling silent again. It was clear that Taeyeon was heavily intoxicated.



"Excuse me, can you help me carry him to my car?" she requested, seeking assistance from one of the bar staff.



After closing the car door and thanking the worker for their help, Tiffany sat in the driver's seat and glanced over at the intoxicated Taeyeon in the passenger seat.
 


"Aish, how did you end up drinking at the bar?" she murmured to herself.



"Hyeri-ah... I'm sorry..." Taeyeon mumbled with closed eyes, his speech slurred.



"Did something happen between you two?" Tiffany leaned closer to him to fasten his seat belt, only to hear a sound. She turned her head towards him and saw a single tear slowly rolling down his face, his forehead creased with a frown.
 


Tiffany's eyes widened. "Yah, are you crying?"



Taeyeon mumbled in his sleep once more. "I liked you... but..."



Tiffany fell silent, taken aback by his words.



"How can I love you when I love someone else..."



It was a surprising revelation for Tiffany.
 

 


. . .



The following morning, Taeyeon awoke with a pounding headache. He sat up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter