Five: Did we just...

Hello Chingu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tiffany had just finished her grocery shopping and stepped out of the supermarket into a snowy night. Her hands were full of bags, and she hurriedly made her way to her car in the parking lot. The coldness sent shivers through her body, and struggling to open the car door with her hands full, she felt a sudden surprise as someone opened it for her.



"Let me help you," a voice said, and Tiffany turned to see Kim Taeyeon standing there, taking the grocery bags from her hands and placing them in the back seat.
 


Observing him for a moment, Tiffany crossed her arms. "Can I know what you're doing here, Kim Taeyeon?"
 


Taeyeon avoided her gaze and remained silent.
 


This wasn't the first time they had fought, and Tiffany had been giving him the silent treatment since yesterday because she was still angry at him.



"You didn't reply to my text," Taeyeon said, gazing at her while Tiffany gave him a glare.
 


"Yeah, I intentionally ignored it. Tell me, how did you know I was here? Are you stalking me?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.
 


"What? No! Why would I?" Taeyeon stuttered.
 


Tiffany narrowed her eyes. "Uh-huh?"
 


Sighing, Taeyeon finally confessed, his face turning red with embarrassment, "Fine, I did follow your car until here."
 


Tiffany noticed his red nose, indicating that Taeyeon had been waiting outside for quite some time.
 


"Let's talk inside the car. It's freezing out here," Tiffany said, entering her car without waiting for his reply.
 


Once they were both inside the car, Tiffany spoke up, breaking the silence.

 


"Talk"
 


Taeyeon mumbled, pouting, "Why you always have to be so fierce?" Tiffany shot him a glare, causing Taeyeon to look away.
 


Taeyeon looked down, fidgeting with his fingers, before taking a deep breath and finally speaking up, "I'm sorry..."
 


Tiffany remained silent, making Taeyeon feel nervous.
 


He continued, "It's my fault for snapping at you when you were just concerned about me. I was stressed, and I let my anger out on you. But that shouldn't be an excuse for yelling at you. I'm sorry, Fany-ah."
 


"..."
 


"We promised to have no secret between us, I know... but about my break up with Hyeri, I'm telling you the truth, Fany. I like Heyri but I just can't love Hyeri. I really can't..."
 


"Because you love someone else, Tae. That's what you were saying that night"
 


Tiffany's answer made Taeyeon stunned. His heart was beating faster.
 


Tiffany sighed. "I'm sorry too for not being honest with you. That night, you mentioned that you couldn't love Hyeri because you loved someone else. I didn't confront you about it because I thought you would tell me. But seeing how angry you got when I tried to ask for the real reason, I knew you wouldn't tell me, right?"

 


"This time... it's different, Tiffany," Taeyeon said, looking straight into her eyes.
 


"You know what? I hate it when you call me by my full name. It feels like we're about to start a fight again," Tiffany retorted.
 


"..."
 


"I've realized that I've been pushing you to tell me everything, and I don't want to be a bad friend to you. I know you never meant to hurt Hyeri, did you?" Tiffany said, softening her tone.
 


Taeyeon sighed, his voice filled with remorse. "I wish I didn't have to hurt her, Fany. She's the kindest person I've ever met, but I..."
 


"Liking someone and loving someone are different feelings. I understand why you did it, Tae," Tiffany replied, trying to offer him understanding.



"For once..." Taeyeon paused, staring at her intently. "Only this time, I really can't tell you. When I'm ready, I will definitely tell you. Can you wait for me?"
 


"As I said, I don't want to be a bad friend and keep forcing you," Tiffany responded, nodding her head.
 


"So, can we please not fight anymore? You know how much I hate it when we fight," Taeyeon pleaded.
 


Tiffany looked at her best friend, considering his words, before finally nodding. "But if you're upset, if you're sad, or even if you're crying, just come and tell me whenever you want because..." Her hand slowly raised and softly patted his head, a warm smile forming on her face. "Just like you always comfort me, I want to comfort you too. Do you understand, Taetae?"
 

 


...
 


Fast forward to February 2020, in the reading room of Taeyeon's late grandfather's mansion in Jeonju, Tiffany and Taeyeon were cleaning up the dusty room. Tiffany moved to open the window, letting fresh air in while they worked.
 


Tiffany commented on the dust, placing her hand over . "Wow, so much dust. How long has it been since you've been here, Tae? The dust has piled up."
 


"Two years, I guess? I rarely come here after my grandfather passed away," Taeyeon replied, scanning the collection of old books on the shelves.
 


"I still remember when we got scolded by your grandfather after he caught us playing inside here. He was really strict," Tiffany reminisced, feeling a shiver down her spine at the memory.
 


"That's because we broke his favorite vase, remember? It cost him millions of won. If the vase still existed today, it would probably be worth ten times the original price," Taeyeon chuckled.
 


Tiffany gasped in shock. "Wow, ten times the price? How much would that be?"
 


"I'm not sure. You can calculate it yourself. Maybe billions?" Taeyeon teased, walking past Tiffany.
 


"Billions?! Are you kidding me?" Tiffany exclaimed, surprised.
 


"There's no time to be shocked," Taeyeon said, handing her a feather duster. "Let's clean up the place."
 


"I hate you," Tiffany playfully replied, taking the duster from him.
 


"What? Why?" Taeyeon asked, squeezing a wet rag into a bucket and wiping a dusty chair.
 


"Because you let us play inside this room and broke the vase. Just think about how much we could get if the vase was still here!" Tiffany said, a hint of mischief in her voice.
 


"You sound like a villain in a drama..." Taeyeon laughed awkwardly. "By the way, my dad said he was glad we broke the vase."
 


"Why?" Tiffany inquired.
 


"He said my grandpa was really obsessed with the vase. There was even a time when a robber broke into the mansion because of that vase," Taeyeon explained.
 


"Wow, was the vase really that famous?" Tiffany asked, her attention caught by a pile of big books placed high on the shelves. She stood on her tiptoes, trying to reach the thickest one.
 


"Not really, but because my grandpa kept showing it off, it gained a lot of attention," Taeyeon replied. "What are you doing?" Taeyeon asked as he noticed Tiffany struggling with the book.
 


"I'm trying to reach this book," Tiffany replied, her fingers barely touching the edge of the book.
 


"Leave it. I'll take care of it," Taeyeon said as she approached Tiffany, who was struggling to grab a book from the edge of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter