Ten: Japan is far!

Hello Chingu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy reading chingu ;)

.

.

.

 

Ski resort in Japan



"Thank you," Taeyeon said in Japanese as he returned the ski equipment to the worker before making his way back to the hotel. Upon entering the lobby, his eyes caught sight of someone who seemed familiar. Taeyeon frowned momentarily, but quickly dismissed the thought as impossible.



"Guess I'm just overthinking," he muttered to himself, deciding to ignore it and continue walking. However, the voice calling out caught his attention once again.



"I'm sorry, Miss, but our customer information is confidential. We are unable to give it to anyone," the staff explained politely.
 


"But I told you I'm his friend," the woman argued.



"It would be better to confirm it with your friend first, Miss," the staff advised.



"I would like to do so, but he's not picking up the phone," the woman said in frustration.



Taeyeon's eyes widened in surprise. "Fany?"



As the woman turned around, her expression mirrored the astonishment on Taeyeon's face. The scene felt surreal, as if they were caught in a movie. Drums seemed to play, and confetti fell around them, creating a whimsical backdrop. Tiffany, on the verge of tears, raced towards him with a mix of relief and joy.



"Taeyeon!" she exclaimed, her voice trembling.



He swore he saw a tearful yet happy Tiffany running towards him. However, as she got closer, his vision sharpened, and the realization hit him once again.



Her hand suddenly gripped his collar tightly. "YAH!"



"E-eh?!" Taeyeon was taken aback.



She glared at him before her eyes welled up with tears. "How dare you, Kim Taeyeon! Why aren't you picking up the phone?! Do you realize how difficult it was for me to come all the way here to find you?! I've been alone and lost, going insane! Even if you're mad at me, is it necessary to go this far? I've never been to Japan before. Why did you choose Japan when Korea has beautiful places too? Japan is so far away, and the flight ticket is expensive. Plus, I don't speak Japanese as fluently as you do!"



She shook him by the collar, pouring out her frustrations while all eyes in the lobby turned towards them. Tiffany didn't care about the attention; she simply wanted to vent her anger on the person standing in front of her.



"Y-yah! Stop shaking me! You're making me dizzy!" Taeyeon tried to stop her, but she was too strong. He feared he might even throw up if she continued.



"I don't give a damn! You're going to make up for everything I've been through!" Tiffany continued her tirade, her grip on him not relenting.
 


The receptionists could only watch the quarrel unfold, their expressions a mix of amusement and concern. 

 


...
 

 


Taeyeon crouched down to retrieve a warm coffee can from the vending machine. He turned his head, noticing the woman sitting on a bench, lost in contemplation as she gazed at the peaceful night view of the park.



"Here, help yourself," Taeyeon offered, extending the warm coffee towards her. He took a seat beside her, and Tiffany absentmindedly toyed with the can without opening it. Neither of them spoke, a heavy silence hanging in the air.



"How did you find out I was here?" Taeyeon broke the silence, curiosity evident in his voice.



"I asked Sooyoung to tell me," Tiffany replied curtly.



Taeyeon simply nodded, and the silence settled once more.



"Why didn't you answer your phone?" Tiffany asked, her tone laced with concern.



"Sorry, I had it on silent mode and didn't notice," Taeyeon explained.



She let out a small sigh and said, "I'm sorry for lying to you..." She decided to be honest.



"Did you really come all the way here just to say that?"



"O-of course n-not..." Tiffany paused, her voice trembling "Sooyoung told me everything... about your feelings for me," Taeyeon's eyes widened. "Sooyoung did?!" He couldn't help but feel a surge of anger towards his friend.



"But you don't need to be angry at him, Tae," Tiffany laughed awkwardly, noticing the redness creeping onto his face. "He did the right thing... Until when were you planning to keep it a secret from me?" Tiffany wore a warm smile, hoping to ease the tension.



Taeyeon cleared his throat. "S-so you know now." He realized he couldn't keep it hidden any longer, not when she was already aware.
 


Her gaze fixed on the ground, still clutching the warm coffee can. "Can I ask you something?"



"What is it?"



Tiffany turned her head, meeting Taeyeon's eyes. "Why me?"



Their eyes met, and Taeyeon fell silent. After a few seconds, he finally responded, "Does it really need a reason?"



"You tell me."



Taeyeon smiled briefly before averting his gaze, as if uninterested in the view before him. "I've liked you since we were kids."



She observed his calm expression, hoping to catch a glimpse of his true feelings.



"At that time, I thought this feeling was foolish. I told myself it was okay since we were just kids and that it would fade away. But I was wrong. Instead, it grew slowly, turning into love," he confessed with a hint of nostalgia. "I couldn't tell you because I didn't want things to become awkward between us. So, I kept it to myself for a long time, Fany."



A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "You should have told me, Tae. I-"



"Don't you see where we are now after all this time? We've been avoiding each other. The very thing I feared has come to pass."



"No, you're wrong. It's me who's been avoiding you. It's my fault," Tiffany interjected.



"..."



"Because I didn't know how to face you. I mean... We're best friends, Tae."



Taeyeon forced a small smile, knowing how much he disliked hearing that word at that moment.



"Fany-ah, why are we just friends?" he asked, making her pause.



"What do you mean?" she questioned, taken aback. "You don't want us to be friends anymore?"



"Eoh, I wish," Taeyeon replied honestly.



She felt a pang of hurt from his words. 



"I wish we could be more," Taeyeon confessed, his gaze locked with hers.



"I love you..." He finally admitted the feelings he had carried for so long.



*Thump... *Thump... *Thump...



Despite being the one to make the confession, his heart raced for a brief moment, only to be engulfed by a wave of sorrow. "But what good does it do to tell you this? You can't love me, right?"



Tiffany remained silent, causing a surge of anxiety within Taeyeon. He forced a smile. "It's okay, Fany-ah. Let's not make this difficult for both of us. We should forge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter