Three: When we were adults

Hello Chingu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Autumn 2017

Incheon Airport



The young man let out a sigh from under his black cap as he pulled his black luggage out of the airport arrival gate. He had his phone pressed to his ear, engaged in conversation immediately upon landing in Korea.



"You can't come to pick me up today?" he asked, a hint of disappointment in his voice.



"I'm sorry, Oppa. There's some urgent work that I need to handle. I'm really sorry," the girl on the other end of the line replied.



"You should take a break, Hayeon-ah. It's the weekend, go enjoy life instead of working," he said, sounding like a concerned older brother.



"I know, I know, but this is urgent. Oh, you sound just like mom right now," Hayeon sighed, causing Taeyeon to grin.



"Alright, continue with your work. I can take a cab home," he said.



"No need, Oppa. I've already asked someone to pick you up," she replied.



"Who—" he started to ask, but was interrupted.



"Yah, Dookung!" Taeyeon stopped in his tracks as he heard his name being called. He looked up and saw Tiffany standing not far away.



"You called that pink monster to pick me up?" he teased, noticing Tiffany's pink blouse.



Hayeon laughed on the other end of the line. "I'll let Tiffany unnie know later that you called her that!"



"Feel free to do so. She already knows," he shrugged. "Bye, Hayeon-ah. I'll see you at home later."



"Bye, Oppa. See you," Taeyeon hung up and slipped the phone into his pocket. He continued walking towards Tiffany, who was now running towards him. Taeyeon couldn't help but laugh.



"Yah, I didn't know you were so excited to see me!" he said, still chuckling, raising his hand to make sure Tiffany noticed him.



As Tiffany approached, Taeyeon's steps halted when he saw the angry expression on her face. He could practically see smoke coming out of her nostrils.



"Yah, you!" Tiffany pointed her finger at him while walking faster. "You, dammit, Dookung!"



His eyes widened. "W-what—" he stammered, taking a few steps backward, feeling nervous.



"It was you, wasn't it?!" Tiffany grabbed him with her small arms and put him in a headlock.



Taeyeon felt suffocated as he was forced to bend down, his head caught in the strong grip of Tiffany's arm.



He patted Tiffany's arm vigorously, begging her to let him go. "Oh, oh, oh, it hurts! Yah! What are you doing?! What did I do wrong?!"



"You ask me what you did wrong?! You tell me! It was your doing, putting that carp pillow under my driver's seat!" Tiffany exclaimed.



"WTF! You just found out?! I placed it there a long time ago before I went to Japan! It was almost a week ago! Let me go, you violent woman!"



Taeyeon had completely forgotten that he had pranked Tiffany by placing a carp fish pillow under the driver's seat in her car.



Tiffany's grip tightened. "So you admit that it was your doing! I don't care, you, Dookung! You will pay for this today. I'll kill you for pranking me with a fish!" Tiffany forcefully dragged Taeyeon.



"Aww! Aww! Aww! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Have mercy on me, please!"



"Is that Kim Taeyeon? Isn't it?" They both heard



Taeyeon's name and realized they were attracting stares and attention from people.



"*Gasp* He really looks like Kim Taeyeon, that soccer player!"



Tiffany realized they would gather too much attention. Before they were surrounded by Taeyeon's fans, she pulled the poor guy away. "Come here!"
 


Taeyeon groaned, unwilling to let himself be dragged. "Ow, ow, ow, Fany-ah…"
 

 

 

 


Taeyeon rubbed his sore neck as he sat in the passenger seat beside Tiffany.



"You hit me so hard. When did you become so strong? I can barely feel my neck right now," Taeyeon complained.



"You deserved it. Believe me, I can do worse if you prank me again," Tiffany huffed in anger before starting the car's engine. Suddenly, a hand softly patted her head twice, causing her to turn her head. A small blue paper bag greeted her view.



"What's this?" Tiffany raised an eyebrow.



"An apology gift. Open it," Taeyeon said, handing her the bag.



Curiously, Tiffany peeked inside the paper bag and gasped loudly as she saw its contents. It was a bunch of MAC lipsticks in different colors, mostly pinks and reds, her favorite colors.



"I don't know what to get for you, so I bought the lipsticks. I heard MAC is a popular brand," Taeyeon explained.



"But you bought so many! And they're expensive too!" Tiffany exclaimed.



"Don't worry, it didn't cost me much. I didn't know which colors would suit you, so I just bought whatever the worker recommended. It's hard for me to choose when they all look the same," Taeyeon said.



"Pftt! You're so rich," Tiffany scoffed. "But…" She turned her gaze fully towards Taeyeon, making him feel uncomfortable.



"B-But what?" Taeyeon swallowed nervously.



Tiffany suddenly screamed with happiness and hugged Taeyeon tightly, almost causing him to drop his heart. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank youuuuuuu! I love it!" Tiffany released the hug and continued squealing like a little girl, delighted with the gift.



"So, am I forgiven now?" Taeyeon asked, hoping for a positive answer.



"With this gift? Yup! Definitely! You're forgiven!" Tiffany's mood changed instantly, and it impressed Taeyeon.



"Let's go home! I can't wait to try all the lipsticks. Thanks again, Tae!" Tiffany's eyes turned into crescent moons.



Taeyeon nodded, pleased with the happy woman.



Tiffany fastened her seatbelt. "Have you eaten? If not, we can stop at a restaurant before going h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter