Chapter 3: Doing the Best I Can

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

Chapter 3: Doing the Best I Can

"What if we go on a trip with eommonim and abeoji?" Hye-ryoung told her husband Pan Sa-young while they were tacking in to their bed.

"Hm, that sounds good. But how about your schedules? I saw your planner yesterday and you have commitments this week." the husband replied as he laid in his back.

Hye-ryoung just sat and a thinks for a second before looking down to her husband, "I can made amends with it. Jeong-bin is already a year old. We should introduce him into a new environment every now and then."

It doesn't show but Sa-hyeon is quite touched with how Hye-ryoung was treating Jeong-bin. "You are quite fixated on how Jeong-bin with grow. Wouldn't you want to try to give a younger sibling too?" The couple looked at each other seriously before they cracked off laughing. Sa-hyeon sat up and teased his wife trying to kiss and play when they heard their son cried.

The couple both came out of their bedroom chuckling. It was one of those days that they are not fighting or snobbing each other. At least its how Pan Sa-hyeon's parents were seeing all these.

"Hye-ryoung seems in the mood today." The father-in-law said. "Would there be good news coming in few days?"

"Don't jinx it." his wife scolded him. "Let them work on their relationship. All we can do is support them and never let things like the past happened again."

"Do you think Hye-ryoung still wants a child of her own? After what happened to her, she hasn't shown any willingness to conceive another child."

"You know her condition. It won't be easy to get pregnant again. Hopefully God will give her another chance. Even just for once."

Bu Hye-ryoung has decided to give her marriage a chance to caught up the time they have lost. The couple goes out more with Jeong-bin and be a happy family. Sa-hyeon has definitely seeing improvements on their relationship and decided to make amends on his attitude towards his wife.

Not putting an act, Sa-hyeon passionately embraced his wife from behind while she was fixing the clothes in their closet, "Wae?" She asked as she holds her husband's hands. "Did you have a rough day?"

"Ani, I just miss you, that's all."

Hye-ryoung turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Have you eaten yet, Pan Sa-hyeon-ssi?"

Sa-hyeon chuckled and pull his wife closer and kissed her on the forehead, "Since we still have time for dinner, should we...?"

"You are thinking to do naughty things?"

"Only to you." he immediately pulled her over and carry her in his arms to the bed. Hye-roung chuckled sweetly and kissed Sa-hyeon from his forehead down to the lips which the man reciprocates.

The lovely and lively couple took their sweet time while their parents were attending to their son. The father was chuckling thinking what the two were doing that they didn't come out when Jeong-bin was crying.

"Aist, stop prying." The mother scolded her husband.

"Ahh, wae? Isn't it good that they are doing it anytime they want. At this rate, we can have good news in the coming days."

"Let's pray it happens quickly."

They called the two for dinner but only Sa-hyeon came out to get food for his wife. His father can't believe that his son was once more getting infatuated with Hye-ryoung after all the messy months after her miscarriage. The roughness in their relationship have started to smooths out.

"Hye-ryoung wanted to go on a trip." Sa-hyeon opened up. "She wanted to take Jeong-bin to the beach to familiarize him to other environment."

"That sounds good, but would you be able to enjoy your time together and relax if you are taking Jeong-bin with you?" his mother replied, "Isn't is better if you two spend time together alone?"

"Hm, that sounds good too, but Hye-ryoung wanted to take Jeong-bin and make it a family trip."

"How are you going to enjoy your trip if you guys will take care and worry about Jeong-bin?"

"Isn't it good too so that Jeong-bin bonds more with his mother?" The old man insisted.

"Its a good thing too, but will it really be okay?"

Sa-hyeon and Hye-ryoung talked about the trip and planned it reasonably for they both have their schedules throughout the month.

"Where do you think we should go?" Sa-hyeon asked.

"Hm, Busan or Jeju?" Hye-ryoung answered. "By the way, my friends wants to invite us for dinner."

"Sa Pi-young- ssi and Lee Si-eun-ssi?"

"De. Their husbands want to see you too since its only me they usually meet."

"Is there any occasion?"

Hye-ryoung playfully glared at her husband, "You forgot about our coming anniversary?"

Sa-hyeon chuckled, "Should we treat it as our first anniversary?"

Hye-ryoung playfully whined, "Are you looking for a fight?"

The husband laughed loudly before he snatched his wife by the waist which made the bedroom sounds echo thru the outside. Their mother and father were shaking their heads in disbelieve and happiness as well.

"They have been in good mood these days." The old man said. "I wonder what Hye-ryoung was eating these days that her dark aura just vanished. I can't feel a single moment of her bad attitude."

"Shh, don't jinx it. She might have come to terms that she isn't just a woman or a celebrity, but also a wife and a mother too. I can see that she wanted to get closer to Jeong-bin and work things out with Sa-hyeon to make this family whole and happy. She is trying her best to do it, lets just support her and don't provoke her about this."

The old man nodded in agreement, "I guess lets just see."

The next day, Hye-ryoung decided to visit the sister-in-laws bringing Jeong-bin to meet their kids too.

"Are you sure you can handle him alone?" Her mother-in-law asked concerned while Hye-ryoung was preparing Jeong-bin's bag.

The daughter-in-law smiled sweetly, "Ye, eommonim, we will be fine. I called them too about Jeong-bin and they say they will prepare him some place to play. We just want to introduce them at each other."

"How will you go home? Sa-hyeon will be coming late after dinner."

"Don't worry, eomma. I will drive them back and forth. I won't let them go home alone." Pan Sa-hyeon quickly caught on to reply.

In the car, Hye-ryoung sat behind Sa-hyeon while supporting Jeong-bin. Sa-hyeon was pretty contented and happy how his wife was treating his son despite the past they have been thru. He knew he had done things that could fataly caused him his family, but Hye-ryoung was willingly making things possible to stay as whole family. With what is happening, all Sa-hyeon wants to do is protect this peace they are having now.

"Annyeong." Sa-hyeon greeted Pi-young and Si-eun once they arrived and welcomed into the Seo household for a visit. The househelper took the baby's bag and brought it upstairs. Hye-ryoung and Jeong-bin happily entered the house too.

"Omo!" Pi-young expressed her excitement to the sight of Jeong-bin, "Jeong-bin-a, so handsome."

"He is starting to look like Hye-ryoung." Si-eun noticed.

Hye-ryoung husband chuckled, "She is always beside him when she's at home. I might get jealous one day."

They all laughed with his joke and before he left the house. The trio then sat down in the living room after they put their babies down to sleep.

"Haist," Pi-young started, "Unni was right, Jeong-bin is really starting to look like you."

"Its not like I am his mother just because I didn't gave birth to him." Hye-ryoung replied.

"You look more peaceful now." Si-eun noticed, "Did you start unloading your schedule?"

"De. I decided to give more time to my husband and Jeong-bin. My in-laws should have more rest now and vacation since they are not getting any younger. Also, I want to try and conceive."

"You seemed to be decisive now."

"I need too. I feel like everything will be gone if I don't put my own resolve." Hye-ryoung exhaled, "I want to make this family work. I stop thinking what happened in the past, all i am seeing now is our family and what could future be. I want to give Jeong-bin the family he deserve and he needed. Its not his fault what we have been through so I shouldn't give him a hard time."

Si-eun smiled and proud of how her friend adapted the life of motherhood, "I'm sure its not an easy decision to make after what had happened to you. But I am glad you willingly set it aside to have a family."

"Only time will tell if I really did the right thing. But in the meantime, I am having a good time with Jeong-bin and Sa-hyeon by my side."

Beside catching up and talking about their plans, Si-eun, Pi-young and Hye-ryoung also took their sweet time in the kitchen. The 2 Seo daughter-in-laws were teaching Hye-ryoung to make some side dishes and cook some food for dinners. Bu Hye-ryoung will stay until dinner since her husband has some late meetings.

"I'm sorry if I took over your kitchen." Hye-ryoung apologized when Ban came into the kitchen to check on his wife.

"Its just fine. I'm glad to see the three of you together again." Ban replied politely before sipping on the juice Si-eun had given him.

"I know right? We can't do the things we usually do before we all got married. We couldn't even drink now."

Pi-young and Si-eun chuckled before Ban answered, "You guys just chose not to."

"Well, I learned a lot of kitchen work today. The wives of this house had taught me a lot."

"I am sure Sa-hyeon will be proud of you." Sa-PD said.

"Hye-ryoung-unni's husband is here." Hyanggi entered the kitchen followed by Pan Sa-hyeon.

The Chairman invited the couple to join them for dinner. Its the first time that the old man had encounter and met Sa-hyeon and Hye-ryoung. In the dining table, they exchange a lot of things and story to talk about. They got familiar to each other's family and became acquiantances. It was a day worth of fun and for Hye-ryoung and Jeong-bin. Though Haneul couldnt join the older babies yet, but its still a good memory to look back on when they grow up. And the mothers also took pictures for themselves to preserve too.

"Omo, he was asleep now." the old woman said as she welcomed the family home. "Let me have him. I will put him to bed."

"Its okay, let me do it." Hye-ryoung said and she stride to get in the bedroom.

"She does had a good day with her friends."

Sa-hyeon chuckled, "She does. She said they cooked some side dishes. We also brought some home. Her friends taught her some recipe to work on." They proceeded to the living room to talk about their day and Hye-ryoung followed after she put Jeong-bin to his bed.

"I will try to make lunch tomorrow, eommonim." Hye-ryoung proposed. "Haneul-eomma and Ji-woo-eomma taught me some dishes to make. Ah, right, I also brought some side dishes that we made earlier."

"Did you go there to have cooking lessons?" the father-in-law inquired.

"Ani, its just that we got nothing more to do while the kids are sleeping. It also became the bonding that we don't usually do before." Hye-ryoung felt nostalgic telling their story as friends. "Thinking about it, we couldn't talk about our relationship with our husbands before without getting agitated. Drinking at nights was the thing we did just to get thru our everydays. We don't visit each others house often like we used to do now. We don't talk about what to do as housewives, it was purely about work and frustrations that making us hanging in a balance." Sa-hyeon held her hand, and she smiled at him, "Its okay, I won't bring up the past ever again. I was just glad that all three of us had passed it and now having a fulfilling life with our husbands and family."

"Its true that nothing will come out good bringing in the past. We all stumble and break in certain time of our lives. What matters most is how we stand up and make our every step worth while." her mother-in-law said.

"Ye," Hye-ryoung agreed.

"I will do my best to make you happy and Jeong-bin with our future kids. I will serve you everyday and give you my loyalty all of my life." Sa-hyeon pledged to Hye-ryoung as he squeezed her hand sweetly which made his wife blush and smiled sweetly.

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki