Chapter 4: The Case of Moving On

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

The Case of Moving On

It's not fruitful for everyone the after divorce. To some, life is harder after calling it quit with their partners.  This is the case for Park Hae-ryoung.

he left his family for his mistress, Nam Ga Bin, but he end up dumped when her ex-boyfriend came back to her life. The professor had long way to regret what he did when he learned that Lee Si-eun was getting married. He can't accept the fact that the wife he thought was done for as a woman found a man and a bachelor at that with a good background and rich family.

"Park- seonsaengnim," a student came to his office carrying some books and folders. "Do you have a time?"

"De," he replied, "What is it?"

"I just want to ask something about your lesson earlier."

"Sure."

He is a good professor and a friendly teacher. He teaches well and do give time to his students when they needed additional information about his class, but Park-seonsaengnim can't do the same to his daughter, Hyanggi. Park Hyanggi have her study in the same university that her father teaches, but they don't really get to meet each other since they are in different department and buildings are far from each other. Although Hae-ryoung can catch a glimpse of his daughter, he cannot go or call her to say hi. Hyanggi and him had deeper wounds to heal.

"Park-seonsaengnim." another professor greeted him at the hallway.

"Oh, Choi-seonsaengnim. I thought you are on a trip."

"De. I just came back. By the way, your daughter Hyanggi, she's really diligent and smart. I guess she takes after you after all."

He smiled faintly. He cannot be flattered about it since he knew very well that Hyanggi doesn't take anything from him, "Ani. She's more like her mother and grandmother in her mother side."

"Is that so?"

No, he cannot take pride as her father for all the good reason, and Hyanggi wouldn't want to hear it too. The professor knows very well how bad he hurt his children, but his pride wouldn't let it get to him. And just like the saying birds of the same feather flock together Park Hae-ryun wasn't alone whenever he chooses to numb his pain because he can go and ask Shin Yu Shin to go drink with him.

"You are looking better now." Dr. Yu-shin noticed as they raised their glasses for a toss.

"Its not like I can only sulk when they are having fun." Professor Park replied before sipping on his glass.

"I couldn't have time with Ji-a too. Shes is always busy."

"She said it herself?"

"Yes. She does answer or reply to my messages when she can."

"My kids will reply but with a word or two." He chuckled in pain, "They don't care about me now. Wether I give them money or not. I can't even buy them things as gift like before."

"They belong in a rich family now. Even Ji-a doesn't even use what I sent as a gift."

"They are young and they can easily forget things like the good one we do for them, but they can remember the pain we brought to them."

"Pain lingers more than the happy times."

"I am still seeing red from time to time. But I can't do anything at all. Lee Si-eun had warned me about the kids. I can't do anything rush now."

"Same with Pi-young."

These two fathers had been driving their regrets and pain with alcohol. Though Shin Yu Shin had married A-mi, he still can't detach himself to Pi-young. Why? Because Pi-young and A-mi are two different person no matter how much A-mi tries to be a good wife.

"Are you going to have a baby with A-mi?" Park-seonsaengnim asked.

"We're trying."

"Are you getting pressured?"

"Ani. A-mi knews that we can't just conceive in just a snap. By the way, U-ram eoma gave birth to a boy. Have you heard?"

"De? Lee Si-eun gave birth?"

"Ah, yes. I guess hour kids didn't tell you about it."

"I didn't even know she even got pregnant. She refused for years yet she did with her new husband."

"Pi-young also gave birth last winter same with Lee Si-eun. They can't be bothered to answer calls."

"So thats why she doesn't even answering me."

"They are busy with their babies."

After hearing that his ex-wife gave birth with her new husband, things clouded Park Hae-ryun's mind of silly things again like taking and getting U-ram's custody, but he does know that it would end up messier than he could think of.

Days passed and Park Hae-ryun gets by everyday like he usually do. One of these days, he saw Hyanggi happily walking down the university. He was about to call her and invite his daughter for a lunch, but then someone walked out from parked car towards Hyanggi. He was not that far, and so he can hear her say, "Appa!" Hyanggi was all smiling as she wrapped her arms on Seo Ban while walking back to the car. As gentleman as he always is, Seo ban opened the door for Hyanggi at the back. There Hae-ryun noticed U-ram sitting at the back too while Si-eun was at the front seat all smiles.

Seeing them made Park-seonsaengnim's heart beats in pain. He remembered all those times that he was the one driving for his family and happily talking about the things they planned to do. Now, a different man was doing all those stuffs. Now, a new father had replaced him with better capacity of giving them the life that he cannot give and won't be able to give. He might be a respectable professor in the university, but he knew to himself that his children doesn't have the same respect and adoration they have for him as before. All he can do now is to fonder about all the things he missed and let go. Hell is not even the place to be for Park Hae-ryun, but his life without the family he once was blessed.

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki